Ayasdi Reviews | Glassdoor

Ishan Manaktala

"This Place Rocks!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyday we get a chance to help build a company that will change the course of history. From cancer to diabetes or Transactional Fraud to Market Segmentation. Ayasdi will drive your career to new heights!

Cons

Hey we are a startup, it's not supposed to be easy...

Advice to Management

More choices on food

Ayasdi2016-04-05

"Will cure cancer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company has an amazing vision and technology that is helping many organizations get insights that they have never seen before. Machine intelligence is really promising and exciting.

Cons

I'm worried about gaining weight because we have really good catering at headquarters every day.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring amazing people - we have a ton of potential!

Ayasdi2016-04-04

"Smart People and Great Technology"

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people here are remarkably talented which is a great environment to be apart of....I feel like I can learn from them and get better at what I do. The capability of the technology is impressive and I have yet to be apart of a company in my career that has something like it.

Cons

In start ups there are challenges...we need to continue to refine and streamline processes.

Advice to Management

Keep on communicating!

Ayasdi2016-04-14

"SDR"

Former Employee - SDR in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Ayasdi full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fascinating and groundbreaking technology. Able to work with some of the best companies in the Enterprise space. Overall the technology has some great applicability.

Cons

No opportunity for career development in sales unless you have 15+ experience coming in. At most you have 1 year and then you should start looking.

Advice to Management

Communicate more effectively with the ranks. Do not sacrifice the people of the technology which often the company appeared to do.

Ayasdi2016-06-02

"Failed Startup - Like Theranos and Ubeam - But Worse CEO. Offensive Hyperbolic Claims to Cure Cancer"

I worked at Ayasdi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management excels at writing fake Glassdoor reviews. CEO regularly fires a different VP to deflect blame from himself. Lots of desk space due to the declining employee population and plenty of parking.

Cons

If you're thinking of risking your career at Ayasdi then do your due diligence.by asking for the following information from Ayasdi management. And get it all in writing; so your attorney can use it if they lie and you join. - Who are Ayasdi's current live customers? Ask for them by name and don't fall for academic researchers or proof-of-concepts. Ask to speak to at least one actual customer who uses the software... in production and don't let them give you an Ayasdi employee speaking about a proof-of-concept on behalf of a customer. - What new customers purchased licenses in fiscal 2016? (February 2015 to January 2016) Again, proof-of-concepts don't count. - Which customers renewed licenses in fiscal 2016? - What were Ayasdi's total new license bookings in fiscal 2016? - How many finance and administration personnel does Ayasdi have? What % is that of the whole company? Given Ayasdi's 2016 bookings and total number of employees, what do those finance and administration personnel do in their 40-hour week? - How much cash is in the bank? - What is Ayasdi's burn rate? - What is the average tenure of Ayasdi's current employees? - Provide two examples where Ayasdi's CEO made competent business decisions. Ask to speak with a rank-and-file employee to have this verified. - How was the CEO's new house funded? Additionally, look at your LinkedIn network to find some former Ayasdi employees to hear about their experiences. There are some great individuals who joined Ayasdi as true believers and quit based on their actual experience. Unfortunately, Ayasdi's software does not cure cancer. Track down Ayasdi's original data scientist team, who were highly experienced in pharma drug discovery and development, and they'll tell you the truth.

Advice to Management

Admit to the board that it's time for an experienced CEO to restart the company while there's still investor cash left. Or else update your resume since you will ultimately be fired by Gurjeet. And stop writing that Ayasdi's software will cure cancer. Over 500,000 people in the US are projected to die from cancer in 2016 and you're offending them, their families, and their friends. If you have a solution to cancer,... then get it peer reviewed in the journals, tested in clinical trials, and approved by the FDA. A demo of analyzing an old breast cancer data set does not equal solving cancer.

Ayasdi2016-05-22

"Former employee"

I worked at Ayasdi full-time

Pros

I experienced the opportunity to work with a lot of smart and talented people. Lunch was provided everyday and the benefits were great.

Cons

Didn't experience much room for growth. A lot of fluctuation but that can be expected at startups. Wasn't compensated for commuting costs which really twisted the knife a little.

Advice to Management

It's important to maintain transparency in companies and I wish I would have known more about what was happening behind the scenes instead of experiencing so many surprises

Ayasdi2016-04-03

"Momentum seems to be growing"

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company spent the last 6 months executing on a plan that focused on a few very large markets. It seems to have worked. Just came from an extended happy hour where it was announced with champagne that we beat our numbers & added a bunch of really big names. Pretty cool. We also do this great weekly all hands that includes employee recognition, lots of product & market stories, etc. Never really been at a place... that shares as much as this place does. And they feed us well. It’s nice to feel the momentum.

Cons

We need to hire faster. There is a lot to do & we need the help.

Ayasdi2016-01-29

"Blind Leading the Blind"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Ayasdi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of very talented employees, but there is a 'brain drain' in progress. Interesting approach to data science but 'paying' customers are struggling to see how to unlock the value for their product investment and drive actual revenue growth or cost reductions. Pretty network diagrams are not enough and most customers don't renew their license contracts.

Cons

The current falling startup valuations and the chill in venture funding prompt a lot of questions about the company's spending, revenue and ability to weather a downturn. I can no longer count on one hand the number of times that Sales and Marketing have been rebooted with new leadership and ideas. Eventually the e-staff and/or the Board will recognize that their fundamental problems are not marketing messages and... sales execution. Take a look at the other valley startups that were formed when Ayasdi was (2008). the good ones are now public companies with $500M+ in annual revenue. It will be near impossible for Ayasdi to achieve a similar result, if they keep cycling through employees and avoid addressing their real issues --> how to deliver sustainable value for paying customers. As prospective employee, if you're worried about what the company servers for lunch or are swayed by 'resolution of issues in the kitchen' then you are focused on the wrong things. I wonder whether Ayasdi has the financial resources to go through another reboot of leadership or product strategy. I doubt any VCs will be willing to add more funds to the $100M+ that Ayasdi is burning through given the current economic environment.

Advice to Management

Stop writing fake positive reviews on Glassdoor and focus on how to really enable customers to get value from your products. Stop treating people like a commodity and really invest in your employees. Stop pretending that the only issues wrong with the company are in the kitchen and on the lunch menu. Don't waste your time writing an Ayasdi Response to this review that suggests: - all negative reviews are... biased and inaccurate (they are more accurate than the fake reviews Marketing is posting) - there is now a positive buzz about the company (anything you perceive as a misstatement in this review only serves to reinforce that you don't have a good understanding of what is really going on at Ayasdi) - the management team prides itself on transparency (weekly company meetings that pay lip service to real issues will not address the root cause of your problems.)

Ayasdi2016-03-16

"Enjoy my job"

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time

Pros

I'm working on fun projects every day. I'm actually building things that customers use. Most of my friends who work at big bay area companies can't say there just is exciting as mine.

Cons

Working at startups is volatile. Things are up and down all of the time. People over-react both to the good and the bad. I would like to see a shake-up in the kitchen department. The snacks are pretty alright, but, they could be better.

Ayasdi2016-02-05

"New and Loving it"

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, cutting-edge product, and endless possibilities!

Cons

Still a startup so the "endless possibilities" includes improvements to messaging about Ayasdi's solution and positioning the value of the technology rather than competing as just another analytical tool.

Advice to Management

Continue to refine team and processes while building the necessary infrastructure (training, ops, tools, etc.) to scale.

Ayasdi2015-11-17