Ayasdi Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 27, 2019

3.7
Ayasdi CEO Ishan Manaktala
Ishan Manaktala

"Enthusiastic and Happy Camper....."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time

Pros

Ayasdi is an incredibly innovative company. The combination of Ayasdi’s game changing technologies and its impact on industry leading clients makes coming to work everyday a joy. Most firms would be satisfied to rest on those laurels. At Ayasdi, the founders and the recruiting team have also managed to build a team of like minded passionate and incredibly sharp individuals. After more than a decade at my... previous firm I considered my small family, I am enthusiastically enjoying the work I do here and the team I work alongside.

Cons

Could stand to lose a few pounds from the all perk lunches & snacks & happy hour

Ayasdi2014-11-14

"Best Place I have worked in my career!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time

Pros

I have worked at three other large companies in my career and for the first time I feel at home here at Ayasdi. Everyone is very welcoming. It is nice to get up every morning and look forward to coming into work. Also, it is great to work with some of the smartest and nicest people that are constantly challenging each other. We are all working toward the same goal in solving some of the worlds biggest problems which... is very empowering!! My manager consistently checks in with me to see where I want to take my career. I feel that I have a ability to grow and he will ensure that I will accomplish my goals. There is a lot of flexibility with your hours if you just get your job done and produce great results. In the office there is always a ping pong tournament going on or a company meeting with all the food and drink you can ask for! There is catered gourmet lunch every Tuesday -Thursday.

Cons

Maybe 5 more varieties of cereal on top of the 4 we already have?

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I see great things for the future of Ayasdi.

Ayasdi2014-11-14

"CAUTION"

I worked at Ayasdi full-time

Pros

From a technology perspective, they have some of the smartest people I've ever worked with.

Cons

Highly political culture which is becoming toxic. The market value of the technology is unclear.

Advice to Management

Hubris and politics are killing Ayasdi's potential. Make the difficult changes now before it's too late.

Ayasdi2014-11-19

Ayasdi Response

September 15, 2015

Thanks for the input. It’s great that you regard your former colleagues as some of the smartest people in technology. They definitely are! We work very hard to recruit the best & brightest, pay them above market wages & shower them with world class benefits & tons of perks. Regarding your concern about the market value of the solution, over 250 of the worlds most prestigious clients have adopted our product. As well, our recently completed $55M Series C, is further confirmation that investors also have a strong belief in the market value of our product.

"High Performance Machine Learning Software Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time for more than a year

Pros

We have some of the smartest people who work here. Our Social Fridays/ Ping Pong matches are a great time!

Cons

We need a bigger office than with more conference rooms.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Ayasdi2014-02-07

"Great team and product, solving real and hard problems!"

Current Employee - Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time for more than a year

Pros

*Work on a great product and new way to get insight from data. Solve real world problems. *Very intelligent and hardworking team *Great location :)

Cons

*Very fast paced environment and sometimes communication is delayed *Middle management can be stronger.

Ayasdi2014-02-06

"Great product, great employees, and great growth opportunities."

Current Employee - Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time for less than a year

Pros

-You are working with the top professionals within their respected field -The product is 15 years in development -Small startup environment that presents great career growth opportunity -Great customers -You are working with customers to solves some the worlds most important questions -Downtown Palo Alto is only 1 block away

Cons

Parking is a little bit of a situation.

Ayasdi2013-02-28

"Good people, good technology, terribly flawed company"

I worked at Ayasdi full-time

Pros

Brilliant people, Gunnar is a legend

Cons

Where to start? Ridiculously high turnover at all levels, and the CEO is the wrong person for the job. They've had a half-dozen people in charge of sales in the past few years, and none lasted more than a year. The product is interesting, but no one wants to buy it.

Advice to Management

I think it's time to sell it for whatever you an get.

Ayasdi2018-10-25