Ayima Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 14 reviews

4.2
Ayima CEO Michael Jacobson
Michael Jacobson
  1. "Solid SEO agency that values employees and quality work"

I have been working at Ayima full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunities, smart & fun people (who are also very nice!), lots of room for growth/learning and taking initiative to start new projects

Cons

Nature of agency life makes client engagements and work load a little unpredictable, although new management is making a good effort at steady biz dev

Advice to Management

Keep other offices engaged with each other and establish a steady pipeline of business prospects

Ayima2016-11-14
  2. "Great company for growth"

I have been working at Ayima full-time

Pros

Excellent work/life balance and benefits program, in addition to many opportunities to move up. Upper management is friendly and helpful.

Cons

Communication can be a bit difficult sometimes between offices, but there have been steps taken to minimize this issue so that it can be avoided in the future. Other offices can seem a bit left behind when it comes to improvements.

Advice to Management

Continue opening the doors of communication between offices

Ayima2017-01-05
  3. "good experience and good company"

I worked at Ayima

Pros

fun environment to work in with very friendly people

Cons

unpredictable work which can be stressful

Ayima2016-11-15
  4. "Good out of college first job."

Former Employee - Link Builder in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Ayima full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people were awesome. Flexible hours and decent benefits. Company lunches every now and then. Lots of vacation days once on salary.

Cons

No room for growth. High turnover. Unpredictable business that could lose a major a client and cause layoffs. Very repetitive work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and try to keep motivating employees. Do your best to make them happy and do what you can to keep the job fresh.

Ayima2016-10-20
  5. "Great Company"

in New York, NY

I worked at Ayima for less than a year

Pros

This is a wonderful company with an awesome culture. Working here, you learn a lot and can easily get involved in the many day-to-day meetings/calls and consultant leg work of the business.

Cons

better distribution of work among consultants so that one is not stretched thing while other is doing autonomous work

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate with consultants. Maybe start a review process that will allow for the consultant to discuss their workload.

Ayima2016-01-25
  6. "Good Company. Great Experience"

Senior SEO Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Ayima for more than a year

Pros

Ayima is a great place to work if you want to learn about, and develop your skill-set in SEO. If you work in the New York office, you'll get first hand experience working directly with enterprise level clientele and integrate yourself into their business which is an extremely valuable experience.

Cons

Consultants have a lot of responsibility, which isn't necessarily a bad thing and can help you grow, but is overwhelming at times.

Advice to Management

The leadership team is fairly new in the NY office and has worked hard to listen to employee's needs and keep the team motivated. Make sure to continue to listen to the employees because that's what will keep the office happy.

Ayima2015-11-19

"Best place to work!!"

Former Employee - CRO Strategist in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Ayima full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked out of the Vancouver office but no matter which office you are applying at, Ayima is hands down one of the best places you can work at. They place a great emphasis on hiring the most skilled people that fit into the culture they are trying to create. This means you get exposed to talented people that are also down to earth, which is becoming rare these days. Everyone is super chilled and eager to help... with client work where they can. They are also big on teaching and exposing employees to other departments so expect to present to the rest of your office once in a while on a cool project you might be working on. In my two years there, I made some awesome friends and worked on some great projects for large brands. I highly recommend Ayima to anyone that's lucky enough to be considered

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say. One word of advice though. If you are not self motivated, maybe this place isn't for you. They place a lot of trust on employees and expect that they deliver without being micromanaged.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

Ayima2019-05-07

"Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Ayima full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ayima has been the best place I have ever worked so far for the following reasons: (I worked in 2 other agencies, and 3 big corporations prior to joining Ayima) Great industry exposure to elevate your knowledge/experience: - Opportunity to work with the biggest global brands. - Opportunity to connect with like minded individuals across the globe, and help each other with SEO challenges each might be facing... with their clients. Great office environment: - From the moment you enter, you feel like you are right at home. - Fun cozy environment. - Fun down to earth people. - Family type of vibe, where you can be yourself without fears of being judged. Great work/life balance: Ayima makes sure their employees are never oversold to clients. Sometimes when client demands get really tough (very common in this industry) they are always sure to have your back. Flexible/relaxed work environment: - Management truly has trust in you, in your abilities, and allows you the opportunity to manage your own work day.

Cons

These aren't really cons, but requisites to be successful and great fit to the Ayima culture: You need to have an entrepreneurial spirit, and be self motivated: - Ayima believes in your passion and commitment to doing a great job. If you prefer a micromanagement style this may not be a good fit as there is no hand holding. You need to be okay with the open concept: - Ayima is an open office space, so you... need to be socially comfortable and at the same time have the ability to focus while distractions might occur around you throughout the day. You need to like having lots of fun while striving to be the best at what you do: - Ayima has a laid back social environment so you need to make sure you are capable of managing the social interactions throughout the day, while also being disciplined enough to complete your work load and responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Management is the nicest I ever had, and this culture goes throughout the whole company right to the top. My advice would be to just make sure you always hire the right people, employees that will fit your amazing company culture, because the wrong ones could take advantage of it.

Ayima2019-03-24

"SEO Positions"

I worked at Ayima full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Early finishes on Summer Fridays. - Team lunches that are paid for.

Cons

- Lack of communication with Senior Management. - Pointless feedback/ reviews. If management doesn't like you they will pick up on the littlest things that have no correlation to your work (E.G "you don't fill a room with energy". - Toxic employees: (In a client meeting I helped a SEO manager answer a client question by showing her the Google Site Speed to Revenue calculator. Before I even got back to my desk,... this manager had already shared the tool in the company Slack channel, without giving me any credit). - Cliquey/ suck-up culture (they want you to be a certain type of person). Just look at some of their job descriptions and you'll see what I mean. - Quality of SEO work isn't actually that great - they want you to up sell links to corporate clients. - Their SEO audits for some clients were literally just "oh you have a small website", here are recommendations to build a bigger website and it will cost you £X more for more information, and we can only provide you with 15 hours of work a month". - Some employees look like they do nothing whilst others are worked to the bone.

Advice to Management

- Be more transparent with employees, pretty sure most of them do not know how good or bad they are performing. - You've only made a profit in one or two quarters in your whole history. You should work on trying to make a profit instead of picking up on little issues that help to create a toxic work environment.

Ayima2019-02-23
  10. "Relax work environment"

Current Contractor - Campaign Manager in London, England

I have been working at Ayima for less than a year

Pros

Very relaxed environment with lots of good perks, like free food all and drinks available at the office and company closed on Christmas week (extra free holidays).

Cons

Small structure, hard to grow professionally. Also small accounts which limit the daily work scope.

Ayima2018-10-21