Ayzenberg Reviews | Glassdoor

Ayzenberg Reviews

Updated Oct 25, 2019

2.9
Ayzenberg CEO and Executive Creative Director Eric Ayzenberg (no image)
Eric Ayzenberg

"Looks great from the oustide, inside is a different story"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Ayzenberg full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice office, interesting work, snacks provided, walk-able to a lot of great restaurants.

Cons

No clear leadership and mass miscommunication all around. For a company this small, there should not be so many hoops to go through to complete simple tasks. There were recently large layoffs and even after the layoffs you can see the company bleeding money left and right due to ineffective leadership and planning.

Advice to Management

The company needs new blood at higher levels. There are some great people there, but much of the leadership treats the company like a comfortable old shoe and isn't effective in adapting to new technologies, management skills, etc.

Ayzenberg2018-11-06

"Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Ayzenberg full-time for more than a year

Pros

My favorite part about working at Ayzenberg is working with such brilliant and creative people. My experience here has been nothing but positive with the people around me mentoring and supporting my growth. I have been able to pursue and work on the things that I find myself most interested in and have been pushed continuously to think outside of the box. Every day here is different. I can honestly say that I have not had a boring day or the same day twice.

Cons

Growth was pretty rapid for awhile and that created some growing pains to go with it. Nothing that cant be fixed with communication and strong leadership!

Advice to Management

Continue to push yourselves to grow as leaders and take ownership of your team.

Ayzenberg2018-09-19

"Beware."

I worked at Ayzenberg full-time

Pros

Free lunch, parking, benefits are pretty decent.

Cons

Incredibly clique-ish and volatile work culture. If you don't align yourself with the right people, you are either forgotten or vindictively pursued until you either quit or are "laid off." There is a pretense of being able to do what you want if you can express it to leadership, but the reality is that if you aren't a favorite, you'll be left in the middle indefinitely.

Advice to Management

Take a sincere look at your leadership team and skills. Stop playing favorites and letting inappropriate behavior fly.

Ayzenberg2018-09-05

"Worst. Boss. Ever."

Former Employee - Business Development in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Ayzenberg full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Old Town Pasadena is a cool place to work.

Cons

Successful in spite of themselves. Owner hasn't a clue how to manage people, so he hires people of dubious moral qualities to run it for him. Non-professional office vibe, more like being back in junior high.

Advice to Management

Grow up.

Ayzenberg2018-09-18

"Great Agency with lots of opportunities for growth and career development."

Former Employee - Creative Director

I worked at Ayzenberg full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

– You’ll be working at one of the coolest and most creative offices in town – You get a chance to work with some of the most talented people in the industry – Management fosters growth and career development. They help pay for continuous learning and if it’s through a partner school, it’s free – If you have a clear vision of your career goals, leadership will help you succeed – Free catered lunch and parking – Management is very supportive when employees go through health, personal or family challenges

Cons

– I can't think of any. I had a great time at Ayzenberg, Eric and leadership have always been very supportive of me

Advice to Management

As the agency gets bigger and bigger, I hope Ayz doesn’t lose it’s core values and culture. I joined when it was 1/3 of its size and I will always be thankful for what Eric and the company has done for me. I know it’s harder for the core leadership team to give each and everyone the same level of attention and mentorship now that there’s close to 300 employees so keep finding ways to make sure everyone feels they are valued, their voices are heard and most of all, they are enjoying their time at work.

Ayzenberg2018-06-02

"My Dream job left a bad taste in my mouth."

Former Employee - Designer in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Ayzenberg full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working to help promote technology and the coolest gaming clients is really one of the most rewarding things to feel at the end of the day, and I will forever be great full to have had that opportunity.

Cons

People go behind your back to trying an impose their power over you ever step of the way. Especially when they don't understand what they are talking about and feel threatened that you do. It creates an environment of wishful thinking of which when producing the actual content falls very short, which brings everyone down. Eventually you learn through hard experiences that can't trust the people working with you because they to are just trying to hold on to their job and their position, which unfortunately dilutes the friendships that you make.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring expensive creative directors, to do designer work. I was one of the two designers on my team and we had 5 bosses, which is a nightmare to trying to just get one thing done,let alone on a rushed timeline, as well as having confidence in your own work. You want better quality content? better experiences? better interaction? and a way of keeping clients happy? TRUST YOUR OWN PEOPLE, you already have working underneath you, don't get rid of those people who are putting in the extra hours because they love what they are doing.

Ayzenberg2018-04-13

"Don't be enamored!"

Current Employee - Management in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Ayzenberg full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunch/parking, some cool, talented people, artistic space. Eric Ayzenberg seems like a great guy yet his company is too big now for him to keep a grasp on the culture or his partners.

Cons

Mean spirited culture where manipulation and being rude to others is rewarded. Plus, leadership is totally antiquated. They have been here too long and do not have a clue as to what is happening in other agencies. They make decisions based on hearsay and odd perceptions without understanding the actual work, business landscape or talent they have hired. They are unable to grow the business they imagine and are far from integrated. They are not honest with you when you come in. They are currently riddled with lawsuits and it's clear why.

Advice to Management

Integrity and dialogue matters.

Ayzenberg2018-03-27

"Intern"

I worked at Ayzenberg full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere. Supervisors are all smart and the CEO has interesting ideas.

Cons

No cons. I love working here.

Ayzenberg2018-03-23

"Growing Fast, Top-notch Creatives, Great Experience"

I worked at Ayzenberg

Pros

You only get what you put into it. This is a self-starter, think outside the box environment. The people here are forward thinking, incredibly creative individuals ready to take on any new challenge. I've personally learned so much while at [a] and am proud to have contributed to many exciting campaigns. The company is growing fast and expanding in almost every realm. Communication between department heads, execs, and all employees is improving with more frequent collaborative meetings and townhalls. The workplace environment is very inspiring, with an open-office type layout in a sleek, modern brand new building surrounded by beautiful Old Town Pasadena. Snacks are available 24/7 along with lunch if working through midday. Also, the offices are conveniently located next to the metro station. All in all, I felt like I was on the forefront of cutting edge advertising everyday.

Cons

With any agency, work-life balance is difficult. Be ready to manage your schedule swiflty & effectively to keep from working too late.

Advice to Management

Keep being [a]wesome.

Ayzenberg2018-03-18

"Marketing Intern"

I worked at Ayzenberg full-time

Pros

Fun laid back atmosphere They really want you to learn from the various departments Interesting clients

Cons

Some late nights to meet deadlines

Ayzenberg2018-03-17