Ayzenberg "long hours" Reviews | Glassdoor

Ayzenberg Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Oct 9, 2018

Ayzenberg CEO and Executive Creative Director Eric Ayzenberg (no image)
Eric Ayzenberg
Pros
  • "Great environment, insanely talented people, a great feeling of camaraderie working on projects(in 11 reviews)

• "Great place to work with a fun young and creative atmosphere(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are long hours depending on deadlines- not bad if you actually get your work done during the day(in 6 reviews)

• "Younger employees are taken advantage of by the higher ups and upper management, who seek to only protect themselves and their salaries(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews

"One of the best!!!"

Current Employee - Creative

I have been working at Ayzenberg full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is one of the best agencies I've worked at in my career. Amazing culture, which is one of the most important things in making great work (the people actually want to be there). The talent is unbelievable and has a collaborative team spirit that is incredible (which is another must have). And a creative environment that inspires you the second you walk through the door. It's not a job. It's a sanctuary where creatives go to make cool stuff (and yes, you get paid well). Great growth opportunity and work/life balance.

Cons

Things move fast so you need to be energetic and a quick thinker. Some long hours but nothing compared to other agencies, and after all you're in advertising and greatness takes time right?

Advice to Management

Be a bit more transparent with employees on company forecast and growth to reduce gossip and false speculation. Support employees (especially new hires) to help them succeed in their position and grow into the perfect employee you hired them to be.

Ayzenberg2017-07-11

"Depends who you're working with"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Ayzenberg full-time for less than a year

Pros

I accepted my offer at Ayzenberg because it seemed like such a cool place to work at. The office is very unique- casual atmosphere, open desk spaces, etc. I loved the fact there was free coffee, catered working lunch, free breakfast on Fridays, the reverse commute from DTLA. I also was convinced I'd be able to grow in the company and learn from many of the talented individuals working there. There are definitely amazing people working there, but it really just depends on who you're working directly under. There were many days in the office where I wished I was placed on a different social team (because the other teams seemed SO much better and less cliquey). Additionally, I negotiated my pay to be way beyond industry standard for an entry-level position so that was a huge factor in my acceptance.

Cons

I agree with a previous review that if you don't align yourself with the right people you are forgotten or gone after until you're fired or leave. Reading that inspired me to write this review hahaha. Unfortunately, I worked directly under an individual who micromanaged like crazy. I should've seen the signs during the interview process. Sometimes, I couldn't believe the things they'd say or the way they acted. There were times where I was left for hours doing absolutely nothing (despite asking if there's anything else to do, finishing my own work, etc.). I felt like a glorified intern. - There are long hours depending on deadlines- not bad if you actually get your work done during the day.

Advice to Management

Try to actually explain an ACCURATE description of the responsibilities of a role during the interview process. I was sold for a completely different role in my head vs what I was actually doing throughout the day.

Ayzenberg2018-10-10

"what are you reeaaalllllyyy looking for?"

I have been working at Ayzenberg

Pros

Snacks and meals provided including Breakfast on Friday! Great environment for work + inspiration (art everywhere, highly designed architecture). Great co-workers + community: everyone is either an artist or self-proclaimed nerd and the whole place is surprisingly void of the typical "LA" entitlement and elitism. Loved everyone I met personally.

Cons

With all these reviews I keep reading, I'm noticing a trend: there's always ~Something~ wrong. All of these anecdotes are focused around some highly personal experience that resulted in a harsh review of the company in general. Maybe I work on the best team + have the best job (seems highly unlikely being entry-level) but I haven't experienced hardly any of what I have read in other reviews. I have, however, noticed the following: - Working long hours: this is the game, the day-to-day schedule is, albeit, longer than the typical 9-5, but this is not a typical job at all. It's filled with variety and wonder and excitement. You might be working longer than you're used to, but welcome to The Show. - Quick Turnaround: This is Ads people. I've worked at Ayz for a while and at least one new person has started every week since I started. Very few have been let-go. ~Few common "off-days" are allotted (i.e. MLK or Prez Day). Especially weird on days when clients are out-of-office while Ayz remains open. - Management is cliquey: yep, so is all mgmt everywhere. Yet, Ayzenberg is great at building pathways for their employees. I've seen several co-workers change teams or job-titles when need-be. I'm only responding to this because I've noticed a trend in what is being written, trying to set the record straight.

Ayzenberg2017-05-26

"Worst professional experience of my life"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Ayzenberg full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's in old town so the area around the office is cool. That's about it, really. These other 5 star reviews are fake. Employees are told to rate the company highly to help with recruiting.

Cons

Do not work here. There is huge staff turn over due to incompetent management and the extremely toxic culture they foster. During my time here, we have lost one or more staff members nearly every month. Many new hires don't make it a year. They either quit or are fired with no warning from management. The culture at Ayzenberg is one of mistrust and backstabbing, as well as looking to other way when harassment is reported. Clients are mismanaged to an extreme degree, allowed to harass staff members and assign work beyond the scope of their budget. Expect to work long hours due to screw ups on both the client and management side. Don't just take my word for it. Ayzenberg has a terrible reputation in the greater marketplace. Ask around town. This is a horrible place to work.

Advice to Management

Look at your staff turnover and address why that is happening. Address your toxic culture. Don't ignore harassment.

Ayzenberg2016-08-30

"Smart Agency, Talented Staff"

Current Employee - Client Service in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Ayzenberg full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Always evolving and adapting to industry and client trends, youthful energy, staff is smart, hard-working and open to collaboration across levels of seniority and departments. Ideas can come from anywhere and a voice is given to anyone who speaks up. Benefits are the best I've seen and management looks for ways to continually improve. Diverse in terms of backgrounds and interests.

Cons

Part of evolving is internal process and structure, it's not perfect but has definitely improved. There can be long hours, especially around key industry events or big initiatives for clients.

Ayzenberg2015-01-19
  6. "Fun, rewarding, a little disorganized"

I have been working at Ayzenberg

Pros

Lot of opportunity to grow and work on a diverse number of projects

Cons

Long hours, a little disorganized

Ayzenberg2014-09-23