Ayzenberg "talented people" Reviews | Glassdoor

Ayzenberg Employee Reviews about "talented people"

Updated Dec 29, 2018

Ayzenberg CEO and Executive Creative Director Eric Ayzenberg (no image)
Eric Ayzenberg
Pros
  • "Great environment, insanely talented people, a great feeling of camaraderie working on projects(in 11 reviews)

• "Great place to work with a fun young and creative atmosphere(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are long hours depending on deadlines- not bad if you actually get your work done during the day(in 6 reviews)

• "Younger employees are taken advantage of by the higher ups and upper management, who seek to only protect themselves and their salaries(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "talented people"

Return to all Reviews

"Great Agency with lots of opportunities for growth and career development."

Former Employee - Creative Director

I worked at Ayzenberg full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

– You’ll be working at one of the coolest and most creative offices in town – You get a chance to work with some of the most talented people in the industry – Management fosters growth and career development. They help pay for continuous learning and if it’s through a partner school, it’s free – If you have a clear vision of your career goals, leadership will help you succeed – Free catered lunch and parking – Management is very supportive when employees go through health, personal or family challenges

Cons

– I can't think of any. I had a great time at Ayzenberg, Eric and leadership have always been very supportive of me

Advice to Management

As the agency gets bigger and bigger, I hope Ayz doesn’t lose it’s core values and culture. I joined when it was 1/3 of its size and I will always be thankful for what Eric and the company has done for me. I know it’s harder for the core leadership team to give each and everyone the same level of attention and mentorship now that there’s close to 300 employees so keep finding ways to make sure everyone feels they are valued, their voices are heard and most of all, they are enjoying their time at work.

Ayzenberg2018-06-02

"Scum, plain and simple."

in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Ayzenberg for more than 3 years

Pros

Coffee. Location. A small handful of talented people.

Cons

If you want to work with sleazy, washed-up, untalented, and mentally inept creative directors / managers / producers / et , then this is the place for you. Being good at your job is taken as a threat to your bosses, and they will take credit for your work, you can pretty much guarantee it. HR is non-existent unless it's serving the needs of management. You will see people lie, cheat, and steal their way to the top. You will definitely see people with no experience "leading" teams. This place spits in the face of talent and celebrates mediocrity.

Advice to Management

Step your game up, stop putting washed-up people in charge that have no idea what they're doing. Start treating your actual talent with respect. I don't forsee any clients holding onto the small thread of good people you have left at this joke of an agency. You had basically an entire team QUIT over something shady on of your teams, if that's not an eye opener, nothing will be.

Ayzenberg2018-12-29

"Fun Environment, Good People, Horrible Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Ayzenberg full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment, insanely talented people, a great feeling of camaraderie working on projects. Good benefits, fair pay, great location.

Cons

The shop has no solid leadership. Fiscally irresponsible. 95% older white men in leadership. HR is nearly non existent. Still operating like it's a small startup when it's nearly a 300 person shop. The glass ceiling is real at Ayzenberg.

Advice to Management

Take the reins away from Eric Ayzenberg and add more women and POC to positions of leadership.

Ayzenberg2018-10-04

"Don't be enamored!"

Current Employee - Management in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Ayzenberg full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunch/parking, some cool, talented people, artistic space. Eric Ayzenberg seems like a great guy yet his company is too big now for him to keep a grasp on the culture or his partners.

Cons

Mean spirited culture where manipulation and being rude to others is rewarded. Plus, leadership is totally antiquated. They have been here too long and do not have a clue as to what is happening in other agencies. They make decisions based on hearsay and odd perceptions without understanding the actual work, business landscape or talent they have hired. They are unable to grow the business they imagine and are far from integrated. They are not honest with you when you come in. They are currently riddled with lawsuits and it's clear why.

Advice to Management

Integrity and dialogue matters.

Ayzenberg2018-03-27

"A place that keeps #creatingawesome"

Former Employee - Coordinator

I worked at Ayzenberg full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ayzenberg is a place full of great advertisers with different backgrounds, creatives that push beyond the norm, and staff that care. I was blessed to have had the opportunity to work on some incredible accounts during my time here, with extremely talented friends that now feel like family. #creatingawesome is an understated hashtag for what they do. Because they don't just create awesome, they create an environment that makes great people create awesome. And that speaks volumes about them as a creative agency. My List of Pros Friends like Family Hardworking IT, accounting and HR departments Snacks everywhere POP Toys and lego blocks A beautiful new building Great people Talented people A bada** video team An awesomely witty social team Key Art like No Other Analytics that'll blow your mind Media Buys that'll amplify everything Software that allows you to find your brand's soulmate - ION A newly formed HoloLens dev team that's going to kill it in the VR/MR/AR space Incredible Clients Yummy Lunch Orders Open Patios and an open workspace The video team does planks every hour All staffs that will make you LOL A CEO that's involved and that truly cares And much more.

Cons

Believe me when I say that this incredible CEO, HR, and senior management address cons head on when they're brought to their attention, and work very hard to fix them. I can wholeheartedly say that I know this company works hard on being the best in everything they do, including keeping their staff happy.

Advice to Management

All I have to say is the following: you're talented and amazing individuals, and also collectively. I can't wait to see more awesome. Thank you to senior management, the CEO and HR for hearing the staff and making this an incredible place to work.

Ayzenberg2017-03-01

"Heading in the right direction"

I have been working at Ayzenberg full-time

Pros

Cool, creative office space. Brand new building recently opened. Lots of smart, talented people. Great clients & work. Especially the creative, social, and broadcast departments. Tons of awesome restaurants and coffee shops in the area. Competitive pay with good benefits and perks. The company has purged some bad middle management hires over the past year which has helped company morale overall.

Cons

You'll either love or hate this place. If your looking for rigid structure with lots of oversight this might not be the place for you. The company is growing quickly which often leads to situations where you'll have to step up, take ownership and define your role. If you're a go getter and want that kind of responsibility, you can have it here. If not, you'll likely become frustrated and resentful.

Advice to Management

Don't rush to hire. Even if there are spots to fill, bad apples can poison the whole tree. Listen to your employees. Reward the good ones and get rid of the ones who don't cut it.

Ayzenberg2016-12-09

"Don't bother"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Ayzenberg full-time for less than a year

Pros

The five star reviews are fake or they are from junior level employees afraid of losing their jobs. This is an okay place if you are just starting out and there are some good clients and a few talented people here and there.

Cons

This is a terrible place to work, particularly if you are senior level (Director or above) and didn't "come up through their ranks" so if that is you, don't work here. They bring in really talented people from other places and then fail them. I was there a year and saw a ton of really great people come in and then get pushed out because senior management, particularly account and social, is toxic; they openly bully, create negative untrue gossip, and play favorites to the point where it's obvious to everyone, including junior staff, undermining the entire team. It's like they want them to fail. Partners are just as toxic and have no clue as to how to lead and grow management ranks or put a stop to the behavior on poorly run teams because they are inexperienced and poorly trained themselves. HR is useless and ineffective at stopping it. Every good recruiter and HR person in town avoids placing people here and if they find out that you worked here and it "didn't work out," they will tell you they are not surprised and they've heard it before.

Advice to Management

Consider the turnover rate and look inward for the reasons why (like who are the common people and situations). There are answers there if you are interested in finding them and doing something about them.

Ayzenberg2016-10-11

"Learned a lot, though also worked quite long hours."

I worked at Ayzenberg

Pros

I learned a lot while there, and there are a lot of very talented people.

Cons

There were many long nights.

Ayzenberg2015-01-20

"Mecca of creativity, inspiring workplace."

I worked at Ayzenberg full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place full of talented people. Always inspiring, always fresh, always challenging. Ayzenberg is way ahead of the game. Exciting work and exciting projects for some of the worlds best brands.

Cons

Can not say a bad thing about this place. Maybe there could be a bit more time dedicated to new hire training, especially for starting positions, but usually people feel inspired by other senior personnel around them to do the best work possible.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Ayzenberg2014-07-24
  10. "Video game marketing 3.0 - at least aspiring"

Current Contractor - User Experience in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Ayzenberg for less than a year

Pros

Really talented people who like what they do.

Cons

Sales cycle is too long and ideas especially storytelling in the digital since can get ignored.

Advice to Management

Build more cohesive teams where the creatives follow through the ideas from beginning to end.

Ayzenberg2012-08-07