Azusa Pacific University "apu" Reviews | Glassdoor

Azusa Pacific University Employee Reviews about "apu"

Updated Aug 14, 2019

3.6
Azusa Pacific University President Dr. Paul Ferguson  (no image)
Dr. Paul Ferguson
Pros
  • "Good community, nice work environment(in 27 reviews)

• "APU is an excellent work environment(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "low pay, mundane work, uncertain future for the organization(in 20 reviews)

• "Sometimes it was difficult dealing with constituents on the phone that were angry and did not want to donate money to APU for various reasons(in 14 reviews)

Reviews about "apu"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Fun and Meaningful Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA

I worked at Azusa Pacific University part-time for less than a year

Pros

I was a student worker for APU when I was in college, and I was always so grateful for the opportunity to work on campus while I was living on campus. Working for APU always feel meaningful, because your working for a community that is bigger than yourself. It's a wonderful way to meet other students that you don't know, and it was always nice to be able to go home for the holidays without being worried about work. My work at APU helped me get my job after I graduated, which started me on my career path.

Cons

Working while your a student is always a challenge, because you have so many different things that are constantly pulling you in different directions.

Azusa Pacific University2019-01-31
  2. "Excellent Place to Work"

Former Employee - Campus Life Coordinator

I worked at Azusa Pacific University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Simply put: quality people. Many faculty and staff stay here for decades indicating the excellent workplace culture of the university. APU is an enjoyable place to work and every day you know that you and your colleagues are invested in the work and the mission of the university.

Cons

Bonuses and upward mobility will be limited at this university as it is tuition-driven.

Azusa Pacific University2019-08-14
  3. "Excellent Work Environment"

Current Employee - Data Analyst

I have been working at Azusa Pacific University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

APU is an excellent work environment. Salaries are mediocre, benefits are above average.

Cons

Opportunities and challenges are limited.

Azusa Pacific University2019-02-12
  4. "Student Caller, Phonathon, Office of Advancement"

I worked at Azusa Pacific University part-time

Pros

Strengthening skills in customer service and interpersonal communication; worked with a variety of people including fellow students and supervisors that made the workplace environment more fun, exciting, and enjoyable

Cons

Sometimes it was difficult dealing with constituents on the phone that were angry and did not want to donate money to APU for various reasons. However, thankfully we were trained on how to diffuse these types of situations using a script during the conversation and also had excellent supervisors that would get on the line to finish the conversation if necessary.

Azusa Pacific University2018-05-17
  5. "Great People, Environment, and Experience"

I have been working at Azusa Pacific University

Pros

Workplace atmosphere, environment, and coworkers are top-notch. Working at APU is very pleasant and comfortable for the average employee. Depending on content, it can be very fulfilling.

Cons

Growth is limited based on department and pay is relatively uncompetitive.

Azusa Pacific University2018-02-12
  6. "San Dimas UC is now Los Angeles Pacific University"

I worked at Azusa Pacific University full-time

Pros

When this was Azusa Pacific University College it was great. The degrees had credibility to them.

Cons

When APUUC became LAPU Los angeles Pacfic University the cons just came running in. I mean. This place lacked credibility without Azusa Pacific University and now it’s nowhere near APU standards. This place is sexist towards the female employees who want to succeed beyond their original job description. Female promotions are about 1 out of 9 promotions.

Azusa Pacific University2018-02-08

Azusa Pacific University Response

March 20, 2018Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. While University College at Azusa Pacific University has indeed received regional accreditation as an independent university; we want to be clear that the transition to Los Angeles Pacific University has not yet occurred. The academic standards remain the same as well as the faculty, staff, degree offerings, and coursework. There is a thorough communication plan being developed for students as we look to change the name to Los Angeles Pacific University in the coming future. We thank you for your feedback as it gives us a chance to evaluate our current communication efforts. We also thank you for your contributions while at the university.

Continue reading
  7. "Student Account Counselor"

Current Employee - Student Financial Services Account Counselor in Azusa, CA

I have been working at Azusa Pacific University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits Family oriented atmosphere Educational Discount Flexible work environment APU is truly commited to student success

Cons

Pay is not the best Not a lot of room for advancement

Azusa Pacific University2017-09-18
  8. "Good place to work if you're a Christian"

I worked at Azusa Pacific University part-time

Pros

I enjoyed my time working at APU.

Cons

Everyone is religious. If you're not religious, it can be frustrating to work here.

Azusa Pacific University2017-08-07

"Faculty"

Current Employee - Faculty in Azusa, CA

I have been working at Azusa Pacific University full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

This is a great place to work if you are looking for challenge and a team of people who are high performers that care about students.

Cons

APU uses it categorization as a religious university to do what it wants. They pay faculty and staff below market value, faculty and staff have no voice in decisions that affect their jobs, they are unethical in their hiring decisions, they lack diversity, and can be very mean spirited when separating from an employee.

Azusa Pacific University2016-12-28
  10. "Educational Mentor"

I worked at Azusa Pacific University

Pros

Extremely warm, loving, and supportive community! Kind coworkers and students.

Cons

I really don't have any. I miss APU!!!

Azusa Pacific University2016-10-12

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 29 reviews