B&M Retail Reviews
66% would recommend to a friend
(3269 total reviews)
57% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The staff is friendly and I truly felt like I was part of a supportive team." (in 268 reviews)
- "Good management and allow for growth" (in 153 reviews)
- "My colleagues are great and everyone is friendly." (in 133 reviews)
- "I have a great team and I am proud everyday to say I work for this company." (in 128 reviews)
- "Good opportunities for promotion and training." (in 61 reviews)
- "Low pay (only minimum wage even if overtime is done) Slow job progression and low contracted hours" (in 264 reviews)
- "Minimum wage while requiring a lot of responsibility to ensure stock adjustments/reports are accurate for audits and stocktakes" (in 209 reviews)
- "Can be long hours and very tiring" (in 130 reviews)
- "Downside with B&M is the pay it’s national minimum wage would be better if it was slightly higher." (in 110 reviews)
- "The supervisors and managers have no clue half the time you have to show them what to do!" (in 85 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of B&M Retail and is not affected by filters.
Found 3,269 of over 3K reviews
Updated Nov 30, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Jul 3, 2022Customer ServiceCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
I started with B&M as a till colleagues on a 16 hour contract, I have learnt so much more in my role I have been given opportunities to learn in all areas of the business, they encourage progression they full support you, there are many courses you can go on to help with your progression they even take on to consideration your circumstances if you can’t drive they will find a way for it to happen, I have myself learnt so much and worked my way up
There are any cons as such retail does sometimes require long hours but then you are rewarded in other way for them longer hours if they are required
- 4.0Aug 18, 2022Floor ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 years
Relaxed environment, limited pressure, no real time restrictions
It's hard work, but you'll never be out of work,
- 4.0Mar 16, 2022Customer Service AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
An enjoyable place to work. Staff are friendly and helpful and work well as a team, making longer shifts easier. There are lots of opportunities for overtime and to advance within the company. Also staff are given double discount days and other benefits throughout the year as thanks for the hard work we do.
Minimum wage, feels like not enough for the hours and amount of work we do, especially during more hectic times of year i.e. Christmas
- 5.0Nov 26, 2021Floor SupervisorCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
You will never be bored if you take pride in what you do and enjoy interacting with colleagues and customers, who will have plenty of queries to keep you busy.
No day is the same, however a lot of the work can be repetitive and if you don’t take a pride in what you are doing sometimes this can show in your work.
B&M Retail Reviews FAQs
B&M Retail has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 3,442 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at B&M Retail to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.
66% of B&M Retail employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated B&M Retail 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.