B&M Retail Reviews
65% would recommend to a friend
(3274 total reviews)
52% approve of CEO
Found 3,274 of over 3K reviews
Updated Dec 7, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The staff is friendly and I truly felt like I was part of a supportive team." (in 269 reviews)
- "Good management and allow for growth" (in 156 reviews)
- "My colleagues are great and everyone is friendly." (in 138 reviews)
- "I have a great team and I am proud everyday to say I work for this company." (in 125 reviews)
- "Great opportunities with career advancement even at younger ages.Fantastic skill building and team work instore." (in 61 reviews)
- "Low pay (only minimum wage even if overtime is done) Slow job progression and low contracted hours" (in 272 reviews)
- "Minimum wage while requiring a lot of responsibility to ensure stock adjustments/reports are accurate for audits and stocktakes" (in 209 reviews)
- "Can be long hours and very tiring" (in 128 reviews)
- "Downside with B&M is the pay it’s national minimum wage would be better if it was slightly higher." (in 108 reviews)
- "manager was rude and disrespectful" (in 85 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of B&M Retail and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Jul 3, 2022Customer ServiceCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
I started with B&M as a till colleagues on a 16 hour contract, I have learnt so much more in my role I have been given opportunities to learn in all areas of the business, they encourage progression they full support you, there are many courses you can go on to help with your progression they even take on to consideration your circumstances if you can’t drive they will find a way for it to happen, I have myself learnt so much and worked my way up
There are any cons as such retail does sometimes require long hours but then you are rewarded in other way for them longer hours if they are required
- 5.0Jan 24, 2022Retail AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Great management Fantastic opportunities to progress in job role Lovely staff members 10% discount on top of sale items too
Hourly rate is slightly low if under 21
- 5.0Dec 20, 2021Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsBirmingham, MI
Great team to work for Progression Building new skills
Long hours To much competition Stressful Demanding Long busy periods
- 5.0Dec 13, 2021Store ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 years
Fast paced retailer, with scope to bring your own personal style to your store.
Busy workload at times, but payroll increased when promotional changes are happening.
- 5.0Dec 6, 2021Sales Associate/Cashier/Stock ReplenishmentCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Friendly colleagues, Supportive Management, Good hours, staff discount
None that I can really think of
B&M Retail Reviews FAQs
B&M Retail has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 3,447 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at B&M Retail to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.
65% of B&M Retail employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated B&M Retail 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.