What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The staff is friendly and I truly felt like I was part of a supportive team." (in 270 reviews)
- "Management are great and really approachable" (in 149 reviews)
- "My colleagues are great and everyone is friendly." (in 132 reviews)
- "I have a great team and I am proud everyday to say I work for this company." (in 127 reviews)
- "Good opportunities for promotion and training." (in 59 reviews)
- "Low pay (only minimum wage even if overtime is done) Slow job progression and low contracted hours" (in 267 reviews)
- "Minimum wage while requiring a lot of responsibility to ensure stock adjustments/reports are accurate for audits and stocktakes" (in 212 reviews)
- "Can be long hours and very tiring" (in 125 reviews)
- "Downside with B&M is the pay it’s national minimum wage would be better if it was slightly higher." (in 104 reviews)
- "The supervisors and managers have no clue half the time you have to show them what to do!" (in 83 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of B&M Retail and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
Found 85 of over 3K reviews
Updated Sep 25, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "b amp m"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Nov 30, 2021Store ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsTelford, England
If you want to work for a company with a great opportunity for career progression B & M is the one for you! From a general assistant to a store manager I have worked my way up, there is a great step up program if you want to advance your career
I enjoy my job so for me there isn't one, every day there are fresh challenges to tackle head on
- 5.0Jan 25, 2021Customer Service AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBelfast, Northern Ireland
B&M are extremely flexible so it’s an ideal job for those who may be only able to work certain hours or days. They give you the opportunity to work up the career ladder and leave you feeling fulfilled. The staff are great and the policies ensure that everyone is safe.
The pay is minimum wage, the contracts are only 8/16 hours but you can work more than that. There is no security so sometimes it’s hard to work when you don’t feel safe.