Glassdoor Alert: Attempt to Inflate Reviews

We have evidence that someone has taken steps to artificially inflate the rating for this employer in violation of our Community Guidelines. We have addressed the issue. Please exercise your best judgment when evaluating this employer. Learn more about Glassdoor Alerts.

Cover image for B&M Retail
Logo

B&M Retail

Engaged Employer

B&M Retail

Add a Review

B&M Retail Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

3.6
67% Recommend to a Friend
73% Approve of CEO
3.6
B&M Retail CEO Simon Arora (no image)
Simon Arora
1,724 Ratings

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your exclusive Company Bowl on Community. Join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "The staff is friendly and I truly felt like I was part of a supportive team.(in 265 reviews)
  • "My colleagues are great and everyone is friendly.(in 137 reviews)
  • "I have a great team and I am proud everyday to say I work for this company.(in 128 reviews)
  • "Great opportunities with career advancement even at younger ages.Fantastic skill building and team work instore.(in 55 reviews)
  • "Great management team(in 51 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay (only minimum wage even if overtime is done) Slow job progression and low contracted hours(in 265 reviews)
  • "Minimum wage while requiring a lot of responsibility to ensure stock adjustments/reports are accurate for audits and stocktakes(in 211 reviews)
  • "Poor management who would moan about everything all the time and would never make the workplace positive.(in 155 reviews)
  • "Moneys not great and long hours(in 130 reviews)
  • "Downside with B&M is the pay it’s national minimum wage would be better if it was slightly higher.(in 103 reviews)

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of B&M Retail and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email

Found 117 of over 3K reviews

Updated Oct 2, 2023

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews
      Middlesbrough, England
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy and fast progression Apprenticeship and step up programmes available. Fun place to work with fun incentives.

Cons

Minimum wage but access to a benefits portal plus 10% discount Fast paced can be a challenge but made easier and fun by the amazing team around me

1. 4.0
        Sep 15, 2021
        Warehouse Operative
        Current Employee
        Recommend
        CEO Approval
        Business Outlook

Pros

Very fast paced and interesting environment to work in

Cons

Not too many at all

2. Join the B&M Retail team

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

193.6K

Project Manager

I interviewed at new company for the same role I currently do, so I have all the skills they need and more. I went through 5 stages of interviews, including pp in person and final 1 was on Friday over week ago. I was expecting to have news by last Friday. No news, so I emailed them last Friday asking for indication when can I expect the results,but we have Tuesday evening today, and no one emailed me back. This is the 1st time I have to wait so long after final interview for news-Should I worry?

Analyst

How long to typically hear back from a mid-sized company (200-300 people) after an initial interview? Their internal recruiter told me “a few days” and it’s been a week. Interview went very well (I thought!) Thinking of following up on Thursday if I don’t hear.

Customer Service Representative

A sign? Sheer luck, or coincidence? The stars are aligned? Is there a full moon tonight? I kid you not... I was in the middle of writing a follow up email to a recruiter for a job I applied to almost 2 weeks ago. As I was about to hit send, I noticed an email from that very company that arrived like a few minutes earlier with: "Next steps - Interview" *been off 13+ months, only 2nd interview. Wish me luck!!!🤞

0 Comments

Glassdoor has 3,389 B&M Retail reviews submitted anonymously by B&M Retail employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if B&M Retail is right for you.