Found 225 of over 3K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The staff is friendly and I truly felt like I was part of a supportive team." (in 265 reviews)
- "Good management and allow for growth" (in 152 reviews)
- "My colleagues are great and everyone is friendly." (in 132 reviews)
- "The people are great and you have a laugh" (in 124 reviews)
- "Great opportunities with career advancement even at younger ages.Fantastic skill building and team work instore." (in 53 reviews)
- "Low pay (only minimum wage even if overtime is done) Slow job progression and low contracted hours" (in 260 reviews)
- "Minimum wage while requiring a lot of responsibility to ensure stock adjustments/reports are accurate for audits and stocktakes" (in 211 reviews)
- "Moneys not great and long hours" (in 128 reviews)
- "Downside with B&M is the pay it’s national minimum wage would be better if it was slightly higher." (in 108 reviews)
- "The supervisors and managers have no clue half the time you have to show them what to do!" (in 83 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of B&M Retail and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
Reviews about "long hours"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Feb 23, 2021PricerCurrent EmployeeAyr, Scotland
Excellent manager Friendly colleagues Advancement a possibility Flexibility to accommodate family commitments
Stocktake can mean long hours (but it's only once or twice a year)
- 5.0Jul 8, 2020Area ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Great career opportunities, grass roots retailing at is best, strong values and challenging roles. Throughout my time at B&M I have found the company to be open and honest, it’s a stripped down model and therefore the ability to influence the business is brilliant. You are recognised for hard work and whenever either myself or team members have require support at professional or personal level the company have been more than accommodating. It’s hard work and can be long hours but the rewards are worth the effort! I have a great team and I am proud everyday to say I work for this company.
Some of the store require refits, this is on the company agenda and is being worked on.