KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Part of Kingfisher
Engaged Employer

B&Q

Add a Review

B&Q Employee Reviews about "staff"

Updated Sep 28, 2022

Found 541 of over 2,260 reviews

3.6
B&Q CEO Graham Bell (no image)
Graham Bell

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "I also really appreciated that working there as a 19 year old I got good pay that was well above the minimum wage.(in 212 reviews)
  • "Staff are friendly and always know how to have a good laugh so there's always plenty of banter instore.(in 143 reviews)
  • "The people I worked with were great and made it nicer to come to work.(in 133 reviews)
  • "Very diverse job; colleagues are great.(in 104 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours and always chance for overtime(in 75 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "staff"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Current Employee

CA

Mar 16, 2016 - Customer Advisor in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The money's good and the staff discount a grate help if you like to do diy. I can't talk for all stores buy I work with nice people for the most part.

Cons

I never seem to have all the tools I need to get the job done like RF guns or printers working properly. It adds so much time to a job.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great on nights

Jan 19, 2021 - Customer Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dispite the job title, I work stock on nights which is a great atmosphere is you enjoy the graft.

Cons

Minimum wage. 99% of the staff are fantastic but the 1% can be difficult and are usually managers.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The rollecoaster ride

Jun 21, 2014 - Checkout Operator in Derby, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is quite good especially if you're under 21 as they pay you the same as other staff, you get a discount card and learn how to do all your own DIY. This saves money twice really as you get the products yourself then do the job yourself - no need to call a handyman! Staff are friendly and always know how to have a good laugh so there's always plenty of banter instore. The customers generally join in too!

Cons

Sometimes customers come asking questions we really don't have a clue about!! Often promotional stock sells too quickly and we get asked for it lots. It can be a dirty job sometimes you come home filthy! Rotas aren't always flexible and are sometimes not recieved until the day before they start and some staff are treated more favourably on rotas than others.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Disrespectful

Jun 22, 2017 - Customer Advisor in Leicester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Quick and easy start to the job. Pay is OK.

Cons

-'Training' consists of a folder being thrown at you, and if you aren't able to memorise it all within the hour, you will be disciplined. -Management have no faith in their staff and will blame any and all shortcomings on those working below them -Constant threats of disciplinary action for the most minor things -Constant drama between staff as well as being sworn at on a regular basis by higher ups -Promises of promotion always fall flat -Equality is thrown out of the window when it comes to holidays, as even if you book over a month in advance they can threaten you with disciplinary action if you don't do your shift on a day you had signed off as holiday -HR is not present at most times -Condescending attitudes are birthed through the lack of supervision managers have

5. 1.0