B&R Stores Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Office clerk"

Current Employee - Office Clerk
    Current Employee - Office Clerk

I have been working at B&R Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are for the most part really great people to work with. You can learn quite a bit about the grocery business if you want too.

Cons

Pay and benefits are very low. Management clearly doesn't care about the employees at all, particularly the corporate directors.

Advice to Management

Treat your exemplary employees better. Offer better pay and benefits and you will attract and retain more quality employees.

2. "B&R Stores"

Pros

You get to meet new people in different departments. You will be trained to do new things. You will also get a paycheck every 2 weeks.

Cons

Pay is lower than Hy Vee, which is their competitor. Stores are almost always understaffed, so that makes it very hard. Management is rather snobbish too.

Advice to Management

This company really emphasizes customer service, but they don't treat their employees as well. Sure, customers provide our paycheck, but without us employees, the customers couldn't get food. So it goes both ways. At this company they like to use the phrase "valued customer" quite a lot but never once did I hear them say "valued employee". Basically I recommend that if a person wants grocery experience, that they try Hy Vee and not B&R.