Found 3,087 of over 4K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good Benefits and good paid" (in 316 reviews)
- "People are great and make going to work everyday worth it" (in 260 reviews)
- "Lots of flexibility and good pay compared to peers" (in 199 reviews)
- "Good work/life balance is attainable" (in 110 reviews)
- "Good salary expectations for employees." (in 77 reviews)
- "Poor management communication and understanding" (in 183 reviews)
- "Upper management is disconnected from daily operatons" (in 69 reviews)
- "Company is so conservative and senior leadership doesn't seem to be responsible for performance." (in 57 reviews)
- "bad managers and sometimes hard work" (in 54 reviews)
- "Frequent layoffs." (in 46 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of BAE Systems USA and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0Sep 25, 2023Director, Business DevelopmentCurrent Employee
I am approaching my third anniversary with the company and continue to be favorably impressed with the quality of work, the extremely high quality of the employees, corporate integrity, and mission-focused culture. When I was hired I learned of the "customer-first" mindset and "we protect those who protect us" moniker. I have continued to see that this is more than just a 'bumper sticker' but that the company really does focus on the warfighter, sometimes at the expense of lower margins, etc. That makes me very proud to be part of this company. Most of my coworkers have been here for YEARS, many for DECADES. That was a key factor in my choosing to work for BAE Systems, Inc., instead of a couple of other defense major companies that were actively recruiting me. At those other companies, the folks I spoke with were 1-5 year employees--at BAE Systems, the folks I spoke with were 10-30 year employees!
It is a HUGE company with three distinct sectors. As a result, the three sectors almost behave as independent companies. We work together, but because of the way the performance incentives are designed for the P&L leaders in each sector, it actually works against the potential for cross-company cooperation.
BAE Systems USA Reviews FAQs
BAE Systems USA has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 3,506 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at BAE Systems USA to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
72% of BAE Systems USA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated BAE Systems USA 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.