BAE Systems USA "good benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

BAE Systems USA Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Nov 7, 2019

3.7
BAE Systems USA President & CEO Jerry DeMuro
Jerry DeMuro
Pros
  • "9/80 work schedule and ability to work from home 2 days/week(in 110 reviews)

• "good benefits, discipline, process driven(in 102 reviews)

Cons
  • "upper management hires terrible workers and never fires the ones they should(in 63 reviews)

• "Such a large company can be slow to change(in 39 reviews)

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews

"Very nice place to work"

Current Employee - Database Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits and culture. Very nice oppurtunities. Process oriented

Cons

Not many bad things to say about. Good place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

BAE Systems USA2019-11-08

"Overall good experience, but they are rolling back benefits"

Current Employee - Senior Firmware Engineer in Nashua, NH

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flex time to let me work when I want to. A 9/80 (or alternative) work schedule to provide 3 day weekends every other week. Good benefits. Great coworkers. Great furniture. Good hierarchy manager and lead structure to allow for help from multiple directions. Everyone is for the warfighter and not for BAE, which focuses us on the customer, not management. 1

Cons

Over the last 4 years BAE has slowly rolled back some great benefits. Weekly to Bi-weekly pay periods and stating there's no cost difference (what about payroll??). First 10 hours over 80 hours are free - we get no pay (4 years ago we did! ). They've removed the best Traditional health insurance program. If you are really good at your job, a golden goose, you'll constantly get pulled back to the same program which... could be great, but if you don't like that program then that will push you out of BAE.

Advice to Management

Ensure your employees are happy where they are, and if they aren't then move them to somewhere they want to go, don't keep giving them raises or promotions to make them stay.

BAE Systems USA2019-10-04
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Awesome job"

Current Employee - Outside Machinist in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good pay good benefits

Cons

Long hours away from family

BAE Systems USA2019-10-15
  5. "Nice environment"

Current Employee - Senior Supply Chain Manager

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

good benefits, discipline, process driven

Cons

protocol centric, not a lot of growth opportunity

BAE Systems USA2019-09-27
  6. "Good, but could be great"

Former Employee - CNC Machinist in Louisville, KY

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

A wide variety of equipment, from vintage, near museum pieces, to modern multi axis machines. Challenging and enjoyable work for an experienced machinist, good pay for the work, and mostly enjoyable coworkers. Plenty of OT available, with scheduled pay raises. Very good benefits.

Cons

With a few exceptions, there was a division between management and associates that tended to slow processes significantly at times. Didn't always want all that OT. Advancement relies mostly on formal education over experience, Engineering support was thin on manpower.

BAE Systems USA2019-06-01

"Too many inexperienced managers and people in “senior“ leadership positions."

Current Employee - Senior Supply Chain Planner in Nashua, NH

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good benefits are definitely a plus and who doesn’t like the 9/80 work schedule!

Cons

Because we’re growing so fast managers are constantly being added. Many of them promoted simply to fill positions. They have no experience in managing or mentoring people nor do they have the leadership skills that are needed to build strong teams. Training is non existent for new employees and even employees that move from one function to another. We do very poorly at this.

Advice to Management

Review growth strategy for new managers that include how to communicate with people that work for you and how to actually be genuine about it. If you have to force a smile or speak kind word it’s not genuine and we know it. Teaching them to use the word “team” in every other sentence is not what is meant by this either. Work harder on training plans for employees and ease up a little on metrics that are... unattainable.

BAE Systems USA2019-04-25
  8. "Accountant 1"

Current Employee - Accountant I

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a lot to learn, good benefits, adequate time off, great people

Cons

Too many managers and not enough soldiers. Not enough work to go around. Too much free time.

BAE Systems USA2019-03-29
  9. "Great company to work for"

Former Contractor - Electronics Technician II in Summerville, SC

I worked at BAE Systems USA for more than a year

Pros

BAE is a good company to work for, they offer good benefits, friendly people, great pay and a decent work place and experience.

Cons

The down side to the company is management. The company allows the management total control and no repercussions for any injustice done on the floor. Claims file to HR department against management is swept under the rugb claims file to HR department against management is swept under the rug.

Advice to Management

Treat people the way you wanna be treated, don’t assume anything and give employees a benefit of the doubt.

BAE Systems USA2019-01-06

"Isolating, Sterile and Depressing Environment"

Former Employee - Test Engineer in Nashua, NH

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits and decent pay.

Cons

I did not work here long - I was in ITE. The onboarding was a joke, I was thrown off on my own from day 2 and had no idea what I was doing or who to ask. My manager was completely absent and provided little help or guidance. The environment felt very political and isolating, I sat in my cube all day and often didn't exchange words with anyone the entire day. A few decent managers tried to help but it wasn't enough.... This was by far the most sterile and dead place I've ever worked and it was terrible. I dreaded coming in every day and was constantly hearing others in the building complaining about the company & generally being negative. Also tons of frustrating bureaucracy in the defense industry, but that's to be expected.

Advice to Management

Have a better onboarding process for new hires that aren't straight out of college. Quit giving people manager roles to those who shouldn't have them.

BAE Systems USA2018-10-17
  11. "BAE Review"

in Louisville, KY

I worked at BAE Systems USA for more than a year

Pros

Busy schedule, good benefits, working for a great cause...the military

Cons

long hours, busy schedule, too many federal requirements

BAE Systems USA2018-04-10