BARR Advisory Reviews | Glassdoor

BARR Advisory Reviews

Updated Jan 28, 2020

5.0
BARR Advisory CEO and Principal Brad Thies (no image)
Brad Thies
  1. "Amazing Organization!"

Current Contractor - Talent Consultant

I have been working at BARR Advisory for less than a year

Pros

Barr is a fantastic place to work. I have only been on board for a few months, but I'm thoroughly impressed with the culture, the modern way of thinking and the way the company is run. We have access to all necessary tools, training, leadership etc. There is open communication between leadership and all associates- everyone is involved in making strategic decisions. The perks are amazing and I've never met a company that truly does value work life balance and flexibility. The people that we hire are collaborative, smart and driven. Definitely recommend!

Cons

No cons! I look forward to being a part of the growth over the next few years.

BARR Advisory2020-01-28
  2. "Fantastic Management and Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at BARR Advisory full-time for less than a year

Pros

*Talented workforce of motivated self starters *Management empowers staff to take on new and challenging opportunities *Work from home 100% *You're never micromanaged *Great work/life balance - typical week is 40 - 45 hours. *Open and honest communication between staff and management

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but I should note that travel is required (about once a month for 2-3 nights)

BARR Advisory2019-10-11
  3. "All Remote, and All Heart"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at BARR Advisory part-time for less than a year

Pros

All employees at BARR work remotely, but communication lines are strong. Managers are on-hand to assist at a moment's notice, colleagues are warm and friendly, and the overall environment is extremely collaborative. The company is growing and I'm excited to see what the future holds.

Cons

The only note I'd make is in regards to the remote culture. To be successful at BARR you need to be a good communicator who can set clear goals and expectations. Without solid communication and time management skills, it would be a difficult work environment.

BARR Advisory2019-10-10
  4. "Brand Marketing Associate"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at BARR Advisory

Pros

I have had the pleasure of working for BARR for the past few months and it has been such a wonderful experience. Each individual is top notch and beyond welcoming. While we work remotely, BARR provides such a warm and collective environment, which just exudes a strong core value.

Cons

I can't say I have any cons, but BARR is a company of remote employees and an individual really needs to possess strong self starting and high level communication skills. There are several outlets in place to succeed and an incredible support system, but it is really up to the individual to harness that and run with it.

BARR Advisory2018-10-18
  5. "Associate Consultant"

I have been working at BARR Advisory full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible Transparent Friendly work environment Travel You get to work with many new and innovative tech companies

Cons

I don't have any as of now

BARR Advisory2018-10-05
  6. "Associate Consultant"

Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at BARR Advisory full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management clearly cares about its employees. I am routinely encouraged to partake in activities, training, and conferences that support my long-term goals (both in my position and otherwise). Great benefits. Flexible work environment. Open and honest employees. I have never felt afraid to give my true thoughts or opinions, even if it goes against the grain. There is a sense of shared success - everyone is willing to put in the extra work to help the business or each other.

Cons

Must be self-motivating to do well. This company gives flexibility to its workers, which means for the most part they expect quality work first and foremost. While help is always offered, there isn't any hand-holding so you must be able to manage yourself to a certain extent.

BARR Advisory2018-09-24
  7. "Director of Cyber Risk Consulting Review"

I have been working at BARR Advisory full-time

Pros

1. Opportunities to learn and grow with the most innovative of tech companies 2. Flexibility 3. Growth through taking ownership of clients and tasks 4. Fantastic work culture and co-workers 5. Compensation is up there with the top consulting firms 6. Growing a small business and developing a good reputation in the Cyber Risk Consulting industry

Cons

1. Deadlines can be demanding 2. At times, travel can be excessive (although it's to some of the best places in the USA)

BARR Advisory2018-01-12
  8. "High performance culture in an organization that puts their clients and people first."

Current Employee - Director in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at BARR Advisory full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

BARR has a great focus on professional development, fantastic clients, and an innovative team environment. The company is a true thought leader in the industry.

Cons

None that really come to mind. The org structure is fairly flat which means at times I would take on several roles that can change rapidly. However, this is part of the innovative environment expressed above.

BARR Advisory2017-07-30
  9. "Brand and Operations"

Current Employee - Brand Delivery and Operations Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at BARR Advisory full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful company to work for! I feel fortunate to have found BARR Advisory. Having worked for a Fortune 500 company and a high-profile ad agency, I didn't know what to expect, but BARR has wowed me with its people and values. The culture is ideal for honing your skillset--whether it be cybersecurity auditing, project management or marketing. Leadership is innovative and resourceful, but they're always available, supportive and understanding of the need for work-life balance. BARR is growing quickly! I feel lucky to be part such a dynamic organization in an emerging industry.

Cons

None that I can think of

BARR Advisory2017-06-11

BARR Advisory Response

June 17, 2017Director, Brand and Operations

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your honest input!

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews