KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

BARR Advisory Reviews

Updated Jun 6, 2022

Found 25 of over 26 reviews

5.0
BARR Advisory CEO and Principal Brad Thies (no image)
Brad Thies

McKinsey & Company

131 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Competitive pay(in 3 reviews)
  • "Even though the team is entirely remote, associates are incredibly supportive of each other.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Best place to work

Jun 6, 2022 - Senior Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, benefits, opportunities. They say what they mean and really care about their employees. Fully Remote, amazing PTO policy. I wish I could give higher ratings!

Cons

They pay 100% of employee insurance monthly fees, but none for family currently. I don't know what's standard, but other jobs have paid 80% for everyone on a plan.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best Consulting Firm Ever!!

May 9, 2022 - Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

WOW! I am just so grateful to be here! I can't say enough great things about this firm. In the past I have worked in public accounting and BARR Advisory has completely changed my perspective on what a consulting firm can be. If you are tired of the way public accounting or other consulting firms treat you please please please come work here! Below are a couple of reasons why I love this firm: - Associate Driven Culture - Work Life Balance is AMAZING! - Fun, inclusive environment - Highly competitive pay (public accounting doesn't even come close!) - BARR allows you to be YOU! - Leadership has your back - Transparency

Cons

None - I will stay at BARR as long as they will have me!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Such an amazing company!!!

May 2, 2022 - Senior SOC Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay Unlimited time off that is encouraged to be taken advantage of Balanced and flexible work-life Amazing coworkers!

Cons

Some growing pains but management is doing a great job to work through them!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Truly a stellar company to work for and be associated with!

May 2, 2022 - Events Marketing Manager in Olathe, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

You really could not ask for a better company to work for. I joined BARR about six months ago and truthfully haven't looked back or had any regrets since. The company as a whole, which follows the EOS practice, has an amazing set of values and mission for what they are doing as a business but also how they treat their associates. I feel valued, trusted, and well compensated. The last part goes for salary as well as benefits. And let me tell you the benefits package is unreal! Then there's also the day-in, day-out camaraderie with not only my own team but also associates all across the company. This is truly one of the best companies to work for, hands down!

Cons

Truly the only con (which is really more a personal opportunity for improvement) is being 100% remote, working from home. I did not have the benefit of being forced into working from home during the pandemic so I'm still trying to get my feet under me with this new work environment/style.

5. 5.0

Raising the BARR in Cybersecurity

Jun 17, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Grand Rapids, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Puns aside, this has truly been a dream role of mine that I didn't think existed for my skillset. My favorite aspect of my role is sharing in the success of my clients. We are empowered with bleeding edge tools, training, and autonomy to serve our clients. The culture is really supportive and the growth has been exciting to be a part of.

Cons

The environment is fast-paced and 100% remote so it has been a challenging adjustment, but it has been very rewarding.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work for!

Jun 17, 2021 - Senior Associate in East Greenwich, RI
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Work from home (fully remote) -Hours not too long -Supportive, friendly co-workers -Kind managers -Supportive, encouraging environment -Good pay -Good benefits (health insurance fully paid for by company, spot bonuses, yoga classes) -Projects with small teams

Cons

Not much that I can think of!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Exceptional Team-oriented Environment

May 28, 2021 - Marketing Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

From the supportive environment to the incredible work-life balance, I wake up every day feeling lucky to work at BARR Advisory. The growth this company is experiencing is unbelievable, and also managed very well. I'm excited to see what the future holds for BARR—it is bright.

Cons

I'm unable to think of any cons.

8. 5.0

Dream Role

May 24, 2021 - Associate Consultant in Dearborn, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

BARR is a wonderful place to work. Everyone is here is welcoming, kind, and helpful. It is a joy to show up each day, help out the team, and end each day fulfilled. BARR is a company where you feel respected and valued as well as encouraged to take ownership of your career trajectory. I am lucky to have found BARR and be a part of the team.

Cons

Not a single con to report

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic company culture and values

May 25, 2021 - Associate Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

BARR Advisory has an all-inclusive company culture with remote opportunities. Every team member strives for excellence continually. BARR also has fantastic team member benefits along with community outreach.

Cons

Not really a con however, this is a very fast-paced environment requiring members to be organized and prioritize time.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

May 23, 2021 - Senior Consultant - Risk Advisory Services
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management actively listens and works with employees on their career goals Has competitive salary and benefits Very friendly and inclusive work environment 100% remote

Cons

I do not have any cons to report at this time.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Reviews

Popular Careers with BARR Advisory Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at BARR Advisory? Share Your Experiences

BARR Advisory Photos

+ Add Photo
BARR Advisory photo of: BARR team attending ISACA conference on audit, compliance, risk, security and the IoT.
BARR Advisory photo of: Working at BARR comes with a lot of benefits and perks. Find out more: https://bit.ly/2YVsjaY