Found 61 of over 6K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about BAT
2 years ago
Hello. My name is Akhil. I'm in Canada. I am an MBA(Marketing) from India and i have a 2 years of Experience as an Area Sales Rep. At ITC Limited (Cigarette and FMCG Conglomerate in India). I am looking for a full time Sales job in Canada. Any leads or references will be appreciated. Thank you in Advance.Procter & Gamble Nestlé Reckitt Benckiser Amazon Google RB BMO CIBC British American Tobacco plc TD Bank Group Scotiabank CIBC Pepsico Coca-Cola European Partners
Got a burning question about BAT? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with BAT employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits good and reasonable for employee" (in 265 reviews)
- "The salary is good and used to be above average" (in 233 reviews)
- "Great culture and world class work environment" (in 159 reviews)
- "Great people and working envirnoment" (in 156 reviews)
- "The pay was good and the people were really helpful." (in 102 reviews)
- "The only negative thing about BAT is that there's no work/life Balance at all!" (in 170 reviews)
- "Poor management and buddy system." (in 73 reviews)
- "Late working hours 100% remote work (I love the hybrid model) Less marketing exposure due to regulation" (in 57 reviews)
- "Long hours it’s hard to take a break" (in 35 reviews)
- "Slow career progression" (in 34 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of BAT and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "long working hours"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Apr 9, 2021Sales AreaCurrent EmployeeCairo, Cairo Governorate
-car -fuel allowance -mobile allowance -dynamic environment
Long working hours and no appreciation
- 3.0Oct 8, 2021FinanceFormer EmployeeGuildford, England
You can grow in the company and get yourself higher in the corporate ladder
Long hours of working which can become frustrating
- 2.0May 29, 2014MarketingFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsSeoul
Good benefit - car and gas Opportunity for a promotion at junior level
Industry declining Social pressure Too many expats Only political people get promoted No delegation and empowerment Very long working hours including meetings in the evenings Expats pay no respect to the local people, only care about their bonus
- 5.0Jan 8, 2021Data AnalystFormer EmployeeMogadishu
Better pay and payment was in time and provided an environment to learn other things like safety first and first aid
Long working hours which i didn't mind doing and also overtime was compensated
- 4.0Mar 19, 2023Global Business AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
A very good working environment where the manager and employer are empowering the team to drive the value in their respective areas. It is recommended to work in one of the top MNC with an attractive pay range and employee's benefits.
Long working hours and working till late evening to collaborate with the counterparts sitting at different locations so you have to deal with multiple time-zone and sometimes could be challenging to juggle between personal/family and working hours.
- 3.0Sep 19, 2020Marketing AssociateFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
- Brilliant benefits & salary - Some great people and teams to work with
- Promotion/progression often based on who you know, and who people are friends with high up... rather than capability - Long working hours regularly needed due to lack of resource & infinite last-minute, unorganised projects - Money wasted on silly things, rather than getting the basics right first i.e. fixing a very poor ecommerce website - Slow & frustrating HR & IT processes (waiting over 6 months for an agreed salary increase or promotion to be actioned is the norm. New joiners being without a laptop for weeks.) - Senior management pay no mind to anyone more than a grade below them. Very different culture to when a few years ago, where the senior managers knew everyone, and socialised with the team regularly.4
- 3.0Feb 27, 2021Finance ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Benefits are still good although not as great as previous years.
Extremely long working hours on weekdays and extra hours on weekends due to demanding top management and cutting down of resources. Lower grade staff are asked to take roles that were used be owned by higher grades employees. Manual way of workings which consume even longer hours to complete your works. Frequent restructuring and lack of transition before fully on board.
- 4.0Jul 27, 2021Machine TechnicianFormer EmployeeIstanbul
World Company social activities occupational safety quality production customer-oriented work.
Low wage Salary long working hours too much overtime