BAYADA Home Health Care Director Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 21, 2017

Director

4.6

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • the office staff is pretty accommodating (in 53 reviews)

• Flexible schedule great place to work (in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • There isn't always the best communication between the office staff and field employees (in 57 reviews)

• there is not a very good home work life balance (in 24 reviews)

1. "BAYADA is a wonderful company with strong cultural mission"

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Committed to the mission to provide a better quality of life to individuals in their homes with integrity and compassion. Employees believe in core values and are dedicated to The BAYADA Way.

Cons

Due to low reimbursement issues, working on very limited margins.

Advice to Management

Don't ever lose sight of the mission.

2. "Great Company! Truly Cares About People!"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have loved working for BAYADA Home Health Care for 4 years now. BAYADA has a lot of growth opportunities and the work you do is truly The BAYADA Way with Compassion, Excellence & Reliability. It is really nice to work for a company that is people focused and truly cares about the work they do!

Cons

Medical benefits, work/life balance at times. It is hard to complete all tasks that are required in a service office during normal business hours

Advice to Management

Would be nice to have better medical benefits that are affordable with better coverage.

3. "Director"

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is a company that lives their core values and mission statement on a daily basis. I am surrounded by an amazing group of professionals dedicated to serving our patients (clients), their families, and each other with the utmost respect, kindness and professionalism.

Cons

I can't think of any cons to mention.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

4. "Proud to say I work for BAYADA"

Current Employee - Director in Reading, PA
    Current Employee - Director in Reading, PA

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It feels good to work for a company that genuinely cares about helping people. Even though I don't provide hands on care, I see the difference that I make every day. There is a lot of opportunity for advancement, recognition for doing well, and everyone is so friendly!

Cons

Working in this field can be stressful at times, but being able to make a difference in someone's life makes it all worth it.

Advice to Management

Find more ways to minimize overhead, so we can pay our field staff more.

5. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in Pennsauken, NJ

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great work environment. Employees are treated with respect and given the opportunity to help shape the company.

Cons

Systems are dated but management is aware and addressing.

6. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Director in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Bayada Home Health Care believes in their mission to help millions of people worldwide. This company allows me to live out my personal mission in life of helping others. I have never worked for another company that has been so rewarding. I love this company and could not imagine being anywhere else.

Cons

I cannot think of any Cons at this time.

7. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in Vineland, NJ
    Current Employee - Director in Vineland, NJ

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lives up to the mission and values

Cons

I do not have any cons

8. "Great company! Really takes care of all employees"

Current Employee - Director in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Director in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

BAYADA is morally sound. Every day we get to do the right thing and just focus on taking good care of our employees and our clients.

Cons

I can't think of any, I love what I do!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"People Leave Their Boss... Not Their Company"

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

From NJ they really believe they are building a lasting legacy and I believed it as well. They have standardized best practices and work to align their vast amount of agencies throughout the country. Strong push for culture alignment as well. Benefits to the field staff were a plus when recruiting at the local level. They are always looking for the next great program and adjust to the industry very quickly. Training was phenomenal. "Corporate" support (as it relates to operations and process) was fantastic. Best legal group I've ever worked with, best communications group, fantastic finance folks.

Cons

Multiple division director changes in a very short period of time which erodes trust. Culture gets lost in translation and doesn't always get out to the local and field levels. There seems to be a "click" in senior leadership which hinders opportunity for growth. The support and the belief that "employees are their greatest asset" ceases if you question a tyrant division director (who since has been removed from oversight of operations to leading recruiting efforts).

Advice to Management

Listen to ALL employees, not just the ones that have been there forever. Trust when you have multiple people under one division director that leave with major issues cited that there may be a problem. Don't just move the problem, nonetheless into a role to lead the recruiting efforts. This person once told me "I only hire pretty people" which makes you stop dead in your tracks and question everything that had been pushed out during those alignment years.

10. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The work is hard and can be frustrating but the company culture is strong and encouraging. The pay is fair and rewards those that work hard.

Cons

As with any large company, bureaucracy can be a drag in getting things changed or improved. But overall, good place to work.