KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "People are great and you are making a difference in lives.(in 95 reviews)
  • "Flexible scheduling and can pick clients.(in 85 reviews)
  • "The culture is great.(in 80 reviews)
  • "Professional and friendly staff who have the compassion and dedication to provide the services the clients need to remain at their optimum levels.(in 78 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours and assessments mostly(in 77 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of BAYADA Home Health Care and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

Nice Company for Per Diem Work

Apr 8, 2022 - Home Health Aide/CNA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Bayada Pediatrics while in college. I greatly enjoyed the flexibility of being able to have hours when I had free time over breaks and summer, but not having scheduled hours when I was busy with school work during the semester. My managers were kind and considerate.

Cons

Hours are not guaranteed and you are exposed to many different home environments, however, my managers ensured that I felt comfortable in the homes I was assigned to.

Reputation Management Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We appreciate your honesty.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Best place to work

Apr 15, 2022 - Nurse in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

They care about the staff

Cons

No downsides I can think of

Reputation Management Specialist

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you for taking the time to share with us.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fulfilling, but burnout rate is high!

Apr 19, 2022 - Client Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Peers -Clients that you work with -Old Employee Recognition Programs -Growth opportunities in corporate only -CEO genuinely seems like a great person and cares about the people/company

Cons

Not a fan of the business model. Not sure if it's pressure from the top, but Directors are VERY focused on increasing weekly revenue. Constant pressure to take on more clients regardless of the fact that we knew we could not sustain it. And then you are left dealing with multiple angry calls from family (rightfully so) about why we don't have anyone to send over. Office RN's works very hard, but there have been multiple occasions where coworkers and I have taken a crying break outside. Lastly, inflation is at an all time high- your pay rates need to keep up. Base salary and commission percentages are both very low. For a company that celebrates any revenue increase and doesn't do many of the employee recognition programs since being non-profit, you would think they could pay at market rate. They never increase your base salary during performance/annual reviews. You could get a GLOWING review and be told how that you are on a Director path, but you will get a .5% commission increase, half a percent is nothing short of an insult for working 60+ hours a week.

6 people found this review helpful

Reputation Management Specialist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your honesty, your comments are noted. We don't take your feedback lightly, however, and would ask you to email us at feedback@bayada.com so we can share these comments with the appropriate parties. We hope to hear from you!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to Work !

May 17, 2022 - Hha/Caregiver in Langhorne, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Able to provide individual care for the ones in proper need. When no one else is your the angel for them .

Cons

Most elderly are used to there surroundings n people there familiar with new and change are very difficult for them to adapt .Seeing that struggle at times is difficult to see .

Reputation Management Specialist

Thank you so much for your kind words. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience with us! Thanks for being part of our team.

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Stop the Bleeding

May 17, 2022 - Division Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

The office teams truly care about their clients. The teams do everything they can to staff even with low margins.

Cons

The current Skilled Nursing and the Family Group Leadership are out of touch. We have lost some of our best leaders over the last year and a half and more are leaving. You cannot lose or terminate good leaders, replace them with mediocre leaders, and expect our teams to be okay. We are NOT okay! We are feeling their loss at every level. We do not have a strategy. Our leaders are not working with us on strategic ways to alleviate problems and mitigate future issues. They need to listen to us and involve us in the solution. The current leaders are creating more issues instead of alleviating. The current leaders don't understand or are out of touch with the business and are creating high overhead while building their own so called infrastructures. She has doubled our recruiting costs over the last six months, hiring too many different levels of leadership over recruiting, however, the recruiting numbers have not grown. They have actually decreased. Of course, Cris blames this on the office staff. The Practice President does not listen and is not happy unless everyone agrees with her. We believe the RDs have been conditioned to agree with her so they do not lose their jobs. Everyone in SNU leadership knows that if you do not agree with her, you will be forced out. How they can agree, when it is obvious she doesn't know what she is doing is beyond understanding. When asked about anything to do with costs, she dodges the question or will not give a solid answer. Our teams keep expecting a change. Many are feeling hopeless and are looking to leave SNU or BAYADA. Why David Baiada doesn't see this SNU turnover as a problem, is beyond comprehension. SNU, and especially Cris, cannot retain anyone. The group leader, Abnav and Cris keep hiring people to support themselves which makes our margins razor thin. Then, Abnav, tells our teams to pay whatever the nurse wants so they can get every nurse and every case. This instruction as well as the support hires has created an issue with being profitable. Directors are stretched to find ways to make up the difference. The offices are blamed for no margin but it is the leadership creating the issues giving poor instruction to the office teams. We have to run our teams lean while they hire lots of support staff. It is impossible!

4 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent Company to Work For

May 19, 2022 - Registered Nurse in Monroeville, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is the best home health agency I've ever worked for

Cons

I haven't found any at this time.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Bayada is great

May 19, 2022 - Clinical Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong team and support great energetic environment

Cons

COVID is tough on all of us

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

You’ll grow there

May 16, 2022 - Clinical Manager in Livingston, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

They do their best to truly be compassionate and deliver care to patients with excellence

Cons

Not all regions offer growth