BAYADA Home Health Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9

1,003 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • the office staff is pretty accommodating (in 60 reviews)

• It a great place to work if your in school since they offer a flexible schedule (in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • there is not a very good home work life balance (in 26 reviews)

• There isn't always the best communication between the office staff and field employees (in 59 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"RN Field Nurse"

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Feel like I make a difference everyday. Autonomy which helps in developing individualized care plans. Ethical company. Focuses on quality of care

Cons

Home work life balance can be a challenge

Advice to Management

Offer for flexibility with scheduling

"Bayada Nurses Lives Their Mission of Compassion, Excellence, and Reliability Everyday"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NJ

Pros

Bayada Nurses is a home health care organization that looks to hire those with shared values. That is what makes Bayada Nurses unique. Whether you are a nurse or an office employee, they are looking for the best and brightest with compassion, excellence, and reliability. The CEO, Mark Baiada, is a very smart,down to Earth guy who makes a point of meeting every new hire during the new hire training. He is a very visible CEO within the organization and it's not unusual to see him chatting with all levels of workers. Working for a company that truly believes in living out their mission means that decision making is based on "doing the right thing," Expectations are high so don't expect to rest on your laurels and get by in this organization. They take their work and the reputation of the company very seriously.The work environment can be intense at times because it is a customer service centered industry, but it is a company where you can feel good about what you are doing for others, no matter what capacity you work in at Bayada. It is also a company that rewards you for good work and shows its appreciation to its employees. Understanding that there is no perfect job or career, as we are all human and issues will come up, I would rate Bayada Nurses as a great place to work. It is a great team environment with a lot of giving people who care about one another. If you enjoy a family friendly work place, Bayada is the place for you.

Cons

As previously mentioned, working in healthcare takes a special commitment. Health care doesn't take a day off. As such the offices have coverage 365 days a year. Vacations need to be staggered. You need to be flexible in home health care, especially if you are working in a service office.

Advice to Management

While nurses are offered opportunities to attain CEUs, it would be great if there were self-directed learning opportunities for office employees. Allowing office workers to attend outside seminars and professional development outside of what it takes to just do the job would be enriching for these workers, as well.

"Very good"

Current Employee - Associate in Burlington, NJ
    Current Employee - Associate in Burlington, NJ

Pros

The people are friendly and it's a nice place to work

Cons

Improve the pay and benefits

"Bayada is an excellent company with amazing opportunities for growth."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Being able to provide care to another human being in need.
    The Bayada Way - the company (its people) has a strong set of core values. These core values are not only stated, but experienced in the field and in the office.
    Amazing people - could not work with nicer people.
    Awesome field staff - RNs, LPNs, Hab techs, and HHAs.
    Entry level start provided me with a solid foundation to grow 4 more levels in 18 years.
    Excellent training- leadership and job-specific- developed and led by a dedicated support office
    First-class, accelerated leadership development program - ALDP.
    Leaders in the home care industry.
    Debt-free, privately held company since 1975.
    Practice specialties such as pediatric, adult skilled and personal care, home health and hospice, and habilitation, each provide opportunities to provide care in your area of expertise and passion.
    Entrepreneurial spirit encourages those with the abilities to expand business and create more and more opportunities for others, and help more and more clients.
    Feedback is encouraged, therefore, I have grown more because of it and I've witnessed a ton of promotions (very few in leadership roles are hired from the outside)
    The high expectations have pushed me to be a better person, personally and professionally.
    Outstanding support offices who help with a lot of the administrative type work, allowing the service offices to focus on connecting with the clients and employees to deliver the care the client needs and wants.
    The offices in each region work closely together to support and help one another daily.
    We work hard, but we play hard too! Just returned from an inspirational and amazing award's weekend where heroes are recognized. It's emotional to watch the work we do daily and its impact.
    Having fun in the office is encouraged. An open "pit" leads to excellent communication among team members, leading to excellent coordination of care.
    Excellent benefits package for a single individual.

Cons

Extremely tough work, not for everyone. Not everyone chooses to stay at Bayada, and it's sad when we lose one of our team members because we get so close to each other.
    Can feel under-appreciated at times.
    Turn-over rates due to the demanding nature of our work.
    Family benefits package is expensive.
    Clients need care 24/7, so we are often needed after hours and on weekends to make sure they are taken care of. That can sometimes lead to an imbalance in work and family time and can lead to burn-out. Not everyone, including myself, has the ability to keep that in check.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the opportunity to grow with such a wonderful company. Keep supporting your people and listening to their needs. There is no "easy" job at Bayada. Make sure everyone feels valued, so we can continue to help others.

"Sorry to hear you think Bayada is a laughable pyramid scheme- I don't agree"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Company!
    Incredible Opportunity for Career Advancement- Have advanced 5 levels in 5 years
    Tremendous Investments made in leadership training and personal development
    Strong leadership and senior management team
    Entrepreneurial Spirit- lots of autonomy and leeway to make business decisions
    Good people who care about others

Cons

Family benefit package expensive
    Not all people are cut out to do this work- hard ward is recognized and rewarded, but you gotta be willing to make the effort

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Thank you for providing me the opportunity to advance and enjoy a wonderful career. My experience with Bayada has been very rewarding.

"unusually compassionate home health company"

Current Employee - Director in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Director in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

live values in order to succeed

Cons

Not a job for everyone, needs to be a passion, not just a job.

"Great Company with outstanding opportunities!!"

Current Employee - Director in Morganton, NC
    Current Employee - Director in Morganton, NC

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with!!
    Special Mission: "To help people!"
    Financially stable company
    Extremely Ethical

Cons

Not many! Sometimes you get caught up in caring too much for the clients.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"ALDP Program"

Current Employee - Associate in Salisbury, NC
    Current Employee - Associate in Salisbury, NC

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am just completing the 6-month ALDP program with BAYADA. My experience here has been nothing short of excellent. The opportunities that I have received in the past 5 months have exceeded all of my expectations. While learning the job of a Client Services Manager, we have traveled numerous times to the learning centers in both NJ and NC for various trainings. We have also been able to interact with the top management on multiple occassions at various events. There aren't many companies around in which the President and CEO has conference calls, meetings and dinners with a small group of new employees many times and allows them to ask him anything they want. Additionally, he is as kind and warm as one can be. He inspires you to want to work and work hard for the company and our clients.

The support I have received from my peers and the management team throughout this program is unmatched. I truly feel like everyone wants me to succeed and go as far as I can in BAYADA. I feel like I have grown so much personally and professionally in the past 5 months. I'm grateful for this program and cannot wait to see what the future holds at BAYADA.

Cons

The job is not easy. It is high stress and there can be some long days. But with that, you are making a difference in so many people's lives makes it worth it for me.

There are high expectations in the ALDP program. There are projects and presentations that you have to do and not everyone is up for the challange.

9. "BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lengthy and comprehensive training period with dedicated, knowledgeable and caring mentors. Amazing company that is leaving a fantastic legacy.

Team concept where all work towards common goal of quality care for all clients.

Most amazing group of professionals that I have ever had the chance to work with.

A rare gem of a company that truly lives its value of 'our employees are our greatest asset.' Work is hard at times, however, Mark and the company want to reward those that work hard and excel!!

Cons

I didn't come to work for this organization right after my under grad program.

Advice to Management

Let's continue together working on our goals of serving millions with the most qaulity care available. So glad to be part of the BAYADA family!

"Great Place to Work for CNA's!"

Former Employee - CNA/HHA in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - CNA/HHA in Greensboro, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a lot more benefits for CNA's than other home health agencies. You can really tell they know how valuable their work is. They will accommodate your work schedule without making you feel guilty and give you more hours when you need them. This is a great introduction to the world of home care for a new CNA.

Cons

There were no cons here.

Showing 1,003 of 1,028 reviews