Cover image for BAYADA Home Health Care

BAYADA Home Health Care

Engaged Employer

BAYADA Home Health Care

Add a Review

BAYADA Home Health Care Employee Reviews about "culture"

Updated Feb 4, 2023

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

133.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=BAYADA Home Health Care~153924
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about BAYADA Home Health Care? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with BAYADA Home Health Care employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and work enviornment(in 118 reviews)
  • "Flexible scheduling and can pick clients.(in 107 reviews)
  • "Staff is great and helpful with issues.(in 89 reviews)
  • "Great culture and compassion at this company(in 87 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours and assessments mostly(in 84 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of BAYADA Home Health Care and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "culture"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Marketing Manager

Jun 23, 2017 - Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent Culture and values that are not only expressed at the corporate level - but carry down and implemented at the office level.

Cons

I have not experienced anything negative.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing Culture

Sep 24, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bayada has a very unique culture that fosters the growth of their employees through feedback and education. My office has amazing individuals that pull their strengths together to serve our clients and nurses very well.

Cons

Sometimes the hours can be long when shifts are open.

Be the first to find this review helpful

BAYADA Home Health Care Response

Associate

We are so happy to hear you are taking advantage of our education programs here at BAYADA. Thanks for leaving us a review!

3. Join the BAYADA Home Health Care team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great mission, but a slowly eroding culture

Aug 22, 2022 - Senior Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Mission-driven company that benefits from a 45+ year legacy and commitment to culture that's codified in The BAYADA Way - Great training for field and office employees - Clinical excellence - Wonderful people - Family environment - Attractive benefits - Transition to non-profit

Cons

On the support side, it was very hard to work cross-collaboratively. Many are stubborn and want to continue doing things the way things have always been done (regardless of the outcome). Also, support teams are too divorced from the mission, even with Awards Weekend. That event, while wonderful, doesn't uplift enough of the people doing the actual work. The money spent on that event could go toward paying home health aides the money they deserve. Recruiting needs to be informed by—even done with—actual nurses. Some in management have Machiavellian attitudes, which creates a toxic work environment in their teams. They purposefully pit teammates against each other and manipulate those around them. There are also many examples of inappropriate work relationships; managers can date subordinates without issue. While this isn't always a problem and is often consensual, it is a power imbalance. HR should watch out for managers that are repeat offenders when it comes to this kind of behavior and could consider enacting a policy that establishes some sort of consequences. It's not conducive to a healthy work environment.

4 people found this review helpful

BAYADA Home Health Care Response

Reputation Management Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your honest feedback, and please know that we take our employees’ concerns seriously. We would like to discuss your comments with you further. If you are comfortable, please contact feedback@bayada.com.

5. 2.0