Cover image for BAYADA Home Health Care

BAYADA Home Health Care

Engaged Employer

BAYADA Home Health Care

Add a Review

BAYADA Home Health Care Employee Reviews about "office staff"

Updated Dec 3, 2021

Healthcare

14h

a

Registered Nurse

So, I started watching “Limitless” with Chris Hemsworth. Apparently, he found out he carries both genes for dementia which puts him at a higher risk. So the series is about him changing things in his life for longevity. The third episode is about fasting and he fasts for 4 days until the day he has to hunt for his food. Does anyone in healthcare have thoughts on this type of fasting? I know it is done in some cultures and religions, but to what extent?

7 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and work enviornment(in 112 reviews)
  • "Flexible scheduling and can pick clients.(in 97 reviews)
  • "Great culture and compassion at this company(in 90 reviews)
  • "Staff is great and helpful with issues.(in 87 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours and assessments mostly(in 81 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of BAYADA Home Health Care and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "office staff"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great for New Grads

Nov 10, 2021 - Pediatric Home Health Nurse in Saddle Brook, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Since day 1, I have felt an authentic sense of love, leadership, and teamwork. Coming out of nursing school during COVID, I had a fear that the minimum clinical practice we did would not be enough for nursing practice. Bayada offered me a nursing residency program. I accepted. In the 5 weeks of intense training, and the continuing mentorship, I was able to go on my first clinical case with a sense of confidence in my step. The in-office clinical educator, the office staff, the mentorship all coalesced to make me a better nurse in the field. Pay is weekly. CEU credits are available for free. I've already recommended a schoolmate to come over.

Cons

The benefits are not anything to brag about. PTO accumulation and medical benefits make it a little harder to stay for too long as an only. I just started, so idk.

1 person found this review helpful

Reputation Management Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to share your review! We appreciate your honesty; thanks for being part of our team!

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Stayed for the clients, ran from the abuse

Nov 2, 2021 - Clinical Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The clients and their families were my biggest motivator for staying in an abusive work environment. The PTO for office staff was generous but horrible for field staff.

Cons

I was physically and verbally assaulted at work by a coworker. I went through the entire chain of command and not one thing was done. I heard this coworker make homophobic and racial slurs and reported it and they gave said coworker a promotion. I saw this coworker ignore MAJOR client safety concerns and threaten that if we reported that our lives would get much more “difficult,” than they already were. I watched upper management cater to this monster and allow them to chase out other employees. Upper management pretended to care (I think they pretended to care to avoid the lawsuit that should be brought against them). I do not dislike Bayada, as I saw some great nurses and things done by this company. However, for them to allow this to continue has really changed my view and I would not recommend them at all until they value their employees enough to put an end to them being physically and verbally abused.

2 people found this review helpful

BAYADA Home Health Care Response

Thank you for your feedback. My name is Joe, and I am the new Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). As the new Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), I would like to respond to your comments. Over the past year and a half, as a company BAYADA has made huge forward movements in the DEI space. From monthly DEI chats with the CEO, to conducting over 25 hours of listening sessions, hiring external diversity/equity/inclusion consultants to meet with employees at all levels, and the creation of a new diversity equity and inclusion office. The commitment to diversity equity and inclusion from this company is like no other that I have seen, and it is partly why I joined BAYADA. Three Employee Resource Councils (ERCs) have been created, to not only drive the diversity mission further, but to assure that diversity, equity, and inclusion continue to be woven in the fabric of BAYADA’s culture. I can assure you that this commitment to DEI is widespread across the organization and it will be a driving force in the work that we all do at BAYADA. If you would like to discuss your experience in your office further, PLEASE reach out to me @ diversity@bayada.com and I would be happy to address your feedback.

3. Join the BAYADA Home Health Care team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work not enough pay

Dec 3, 2021 - License Practical Nurse in Berlin, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The office staff is very friendly and caring. They are more then willing to help or train you if you don't know how to perform a task

Cons

The pay is not great! You have to fight for a raise and if even if you ask for one they will make an excuse not to give you one.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Reputation Management Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to share your review! We appreciate your honesty. We hear your frustrations about pay but we can assure you that that is something we're always continuously working towards improving through advocating for higher reimbursement rates across all BAYADA states. If you're interested in learning about our actions towards that matter, visit www.heartsforhomecare.com.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome Place to Work!

Oct 16, 2021 - Administrative Assistant in Tucson, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. You are happy and proud to go to work each day. 2. Management and office staff really care about our employees and clients. 3. Well thought out policy and procedures. 4. Your work is recognized and appreciated. 5. Everyone works together for the common goal.

Cons

I have not found any cons.

Be the first to find this review helpful