Cover image for BAYADA Home Health Care

BAYADA Home Health Care

Engaged Employer

BAYADA Home Health Care

Add a Review

BAYADA Home Health Care Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 31, 2021

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

133.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=BAYADA Home Health Care~153924
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about BAYADA Home Health Care? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with BAYADA Home Health Care employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and work enviornment(in 118 reviews)
  • "Flexible scheduling and can pick clients.(in 107 reviews)
  • "Staff is great and helpful with issues.(in 89 reviews)
  • "Great culture and compassion at this company(in 87 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours and assessments mostly(in 84 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of BAYADA Home Health Care and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company

Mar 6, 2018 - Home Health Aide in Dover, DE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work/life balance since you can choose your schedule and change it at any time. You can take patients as permanents or fill-ins. This agency cares about their clients and employees. Wish I could work full-time because there are plenty of great clients to choose from.

Cons

Benefits are expensive but you can get a basic plan even if you are part-time. Basic plan affordable but only covers preventative care.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to learn the healthcare business

Jun 16, 2020 - Client Services Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great training on home health practices. Good performance is rewarded very well. Pay is above industry standards.

Cons

Long hours. No training provided on how to hire or manage field staff effectively. Lots of 'learning as you go'. Potential for huge errors to be made if someone doesn't understand the law when hiring and managing their staff. Also, very long work hours. Not easy to have a good work/life balance.

Be the first to find this review helpful

BAYADA Home Health Care Response

Social Media Associate

We appreciate your honest comments and for taking the time to share them with us. We appreciate all feedback, good and bad, as we are always striving to provide the best experience for both our clients and employees. We'd like to discuss your comments further at your convenience; please email us at feedback@bayada.com when you can.

3. Join the BAYADA Home Health Care team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Overworked & Underpaid

Mar 15, 2022 - Clinical Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Teamwork encouraged. Compassionate leadership. Patient centered culture. Encourages and practices community service.

Cons

The sad reality of working for this company is that you will never feel accomplished because they will always ask more of you no matter how much you do, or how many goals you meet or exceed. The bar is constantly raised every time you meet your goals and yet the compensation and benefits never match the expectations by a mile. You’re expected to work long hours… early mornings, late nights… weekends and holidays… no matter how many hours you’ve already put in, they expect you to get the job done for the client. There’s no such thing as work life balance at this company… they talk the talk but they don’t walk the walk. Every clinical manager that starts here burns out within 2-3 years, if that. The ones that make it past 5 years are the ones who were so indoctrinated into the culture that they forgot what it was like to work like a normal healthcare professional for a normal healthcare company with reasonable employee expectations in exchange for fair and equatable compensation. They say the grass isn’t necessarily greener on the other side, however, when I left this company, I was stunned at how drastically my life changed for the better. My mental health, and even my physical health improved. I finally have a job where I’m being paid what I’m worth and where my expertise and years of nursing experience is acknowledged, appreciated, and respected. I wanted to stay at BAYADA because I do love home health care and I do love the patients but at the end of the day, you have to take care of yourself before you can take care of others.

4 people found this review helpful

BAYADA Home Health Care Response

Reputation Management Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback with us. Your comments are heard and not ones we take lightly. We are always looking for ways to improve our employee experience and show our appreciation for all the hard work they do. We would value the opportunity to discuss your comments with you further. If you are comfortable, we encourage you to email us at feedback@bayada.com. We hope to hear from you!