57% would recommend to a friend
(2346 total reviews)
Kelly S. King
78% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and PTO." (in 368 reviews)
- "Pay is good however you have to furnish all of your own office supplies and branch supplies." (in 148 reviews)
- "Great people but they are leaving as fast as they can" (in 89 reviews)
- "Training at BB&T University was great and detailed" (in 75 reviews)
- "Fantastic 401k and pension!" (in 65 reviews)
- "Did away with individual goals and incentive in my region that resulted in no staffing and poor management." (in 118 reviews)
- "Some the managers are great and some are micromanagers." (in 69 reviews)
- "Upper management is terrible when it comes down to getting support to the front line workers." (in 39 reviews)
- "low salary compared to other banks, tend to prefer people from North Carolina over local hires." (in 32 reviews)
- "Long hours and not enough pto" (in 22 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of BB&T and is not affected by filters.
Found 2,346 of over 2K reviews
Updated Nov 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 3.0Oct 4, 2023Product RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsRichmond, VA
Exposure to many different financial products, sponsored licensing
The company work environment, processes and compensation structure was extremely antiquated in its approach. High performers were given more workload without additional compensation and underperformers were not disciplined or replaced. Rigid workplace where number of hours at the desk were more important than productive hours.
- 5.0Sep 27, 2023Market LeaderFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsHuntsville, AL
Excellent company. Great culture and support from management.
Large company compared to other banks in the market.
- 5.0Sep 18, 2023Bank TellerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsFalls Church, VA
- reasonable hours - great system for sales - good staff
- sales expectation - some weekend hours
- 4.0Aug 10, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Great hours, great environment, and very fulfilling getting to help others.
I was held up at the branch I was stationed in. This was also in Knoxville, Tennessee.
- 4.0Aug 3, 2023Quantitative Risk AnalystFormer EmployeeWinston-Salem, NC
Great benefits make up for below average salary.
Below average salary and vacation time. Minimalist on-site perks e.g. we had to buy our own coffee.
BB&T Reviews FAQs
BB&T has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 2,414 reviews left anonymously by employees. 57% of employees would recommend working at BB&T to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
57% of BB&T employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated BB&T 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.