BCBG Reviews in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
BCBG Chairman and CEO Max Azria
Max Azria

Pros
  • Great discount, amazing shop manager (in 109 reviews)

• Access to the latest fashion you will learn a lot about garments construction and styling the right pieces for the right body types (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover among upper management creates an environment of instability (in 71 reviews)

• Management-pay - 60 hrs work weeks-work life balance (in 27 reviews)

"Awesome Discount, but no Career Growth"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at BCBG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great clothes! Awesome discount

Cons

Overworked for low pay. No guaranteed growth opportunity.

Advice to Management

Don't mislead your staff with the idea that there are opportunities to grow. Get to know your staff to understand what they want for their career path and motivate them to get there.

Mar 9, 2017 – Human Resources

Please utilize your Human Resources partners so they may address your concerns. You're welcome to email Human.Resources@bcbg.com so they may get back to you in a timely manner. Thank you!

2. "Senior Design Manager"

Former Employee - MAX MASSIE in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - MAX MASSIE in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at BCBG (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team in my department. Was vibrant environment when I began. The expansion was aggressive and challenging.

Cons

Lots of turn over of good talent that made continuity sometimes challenging. they never made the appropriate investment to the corporate campus.

Advice to Management

Create environment that fosters better cooperation between differrent departments. Spend some money to create a corporate campus comenserate to the brand.

Dec 21, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. At BCBG, we want our associates to feel that they work in a supportive, rewarding environment and we constantly strive to make BCBG a choice ... More

3. "Assistant Manager"

Former Employee - First Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - First Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at BCBG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The clothes and discounts. I love the fashion so it worth working there for a bit. Easy to spend money as you get first dibs on new arrivals so be careful with over spending

Cons

Upper management. One bad manager after another calling the shots, and unfortunately it makes everyone on the floor suffer. The DMs are a joke!

Dec 9, 2016 – Human Resources

5. "Intern Experience"

Former Intern - Design Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Intern - Design Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at BCBG as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

It was great getting to see the inner workings of one of the biggest fashion companies out there. The team I worked with was incredibly supportive and taught me everything they could. The intern program really made sure the interns got to network with each other through shopping trips, guest speakers, intern lunches, etc and I've kept in touch with some of them and made real connections. Oh and not to mention the huge employee discounts and sample sales+Great name to have on your resume.

Cons

There is a shuttle bus that takes you to and from an offsite parking lot (only higher ups park on the headquarters premises) which takes time if you want to leave for lunch or if you get there late in the morning it could be up to a 15min wait for the shuttle- Extremely high turnover rate

Jul 18, 2016 – College Relations Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your internship feedback. We are pleased to hear your internship experience provided a supportive learning experience and that you were provided an opportunity ... More

6. "Great company to grow and develop. Great customer service program"

Former Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at BCBG full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great discount, fun events for customers, and great clothing. Hands on visual merchandising and client appt make you feel empowered.

Cons

If you don't like to roll up your sleeves and be a problem solver, this company is not for you.

7. "Store Planner"

Current Employee - Store Planner in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Store Planner in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at BCBG full-time

Pros

You can move up the ladder quickly if you want it and are willing to work for it.

Cons

Compensation, Structure, Perks are lacking. Employee parking is off site and a shuttle is required. The City of Vernon, where offices are located, is undesirable.

Mar 9, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to review BCBG! Please utilize your Human Resources partners so they may address your concerns. You're welcome to email Human.Resources@bcbg.com so they may get back to ... More

"Some pro's, some con's"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Surrounded by good people, nice workspace, company events during Halloween and Christmas, decent benefits, amazing company discounts and sample sales

Cons

High turnover, little room for growth, communication issues, offices are located in a very unsettling part of downtown Los Angeles

Advice to Management

Need to spend more time fostering employees and targeting their individual strengths to cut down on the high turnover rates.

9. "No room for growth"

Former Employee - Assistant Buyer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at BCBG (More than a year)

Pros

The discount is great but isn't worth the low pay and long hours

Cons

You will be over worked and VERY underpaid

"Corporate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at BCBG (More than a year)

Pros

Current high end fashion. Other than that there is little to speak of.

Cons

- Expenses are not paid in a timely manner. Sometime taking up to 3 months.
    - Favoritism plays a huge role within the company.

Advice to Management

Value people based on their value and skill. Not based on who is favored. Not to promote people who are unable to manage subordinates unless you provide the appropriate training. Not everyone is able to manage people. Even those in Executive positions.

"Worst Place to be a Buyer - Company Headed for Bankruptcy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at BCBG (More than a year)

Pros

Great discount and that's about it.

Cons

NO opportunity for advancement. You will never have a review and it is rare to be promoted in less than 3 years. Raises DO NOT happen unless you get a new title and the pay is the worst I've ever seen in the industry. Most people have to leave and come back to the company to get a higher title.

The business is completely mismanaged as though they are trying to go bankrupt as quickly as possible. Also, it is impossible to do your job here if you are a buyer, because you are forced to buy not what will actually sell but what Lubov wants to make (the owner's wife and creative director) at whatever ridiculous prices her current mood swings dictate. This woman is not a business person yet she has approval on every facet of the business and the company's ridiculous lack of sales show it.

If you are smart do not take a job here. The recent investment into the company has done nothing to fix the problems and most good people are leaving.

Advice to Management

If you want to make money fire your wife and get a real creative director. Start running an actual BUSINESS and take care of your employees! Hire executives who are willing to work hard and actually listen to the people below them running the day to day business.