BCBG Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 12, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • New Structure of the company after bankruptcy has become extremely demanding on work-life balance (in 31 reviews)

• High turnover among upper management creates an environment of instability (in 73 reviews)

1. "Sales Audit"

I worked at BCBG full-time

Pros

Working between the Tax and Sales Audit Department has been a learning experience. Beginning with the Tax Manager, she was able to provide the employee information regarding each and every document(s): invoices, purchasing agreements, company checks, vendor checks, etc...that the company inputs, audits, reconciles, and updates via the Tax Department Enterprise Database. Despite her hectic schedule, bulk of work, as well as being understaffed; she was patient to invest the time out of her scope of duties to render important, yet crucial information to support the Department and broaden one's learning knowledge.
    In addition, in the Sales Audit Department, the Sales Audit Supervisor and the team continued to be supportive by explanation of minor errors in each individual retail locations by territory. The Audit Supervisor and their supportive team exemplifying diligence in explaining key fundamental auditing attributes to recognizing daily and monthly sales discrepancies for a given regional area.

Excellent team to work with and highly recommended!

Cons

Busy Tax season may disrupt your designated breaks. Shuttle service to get from parking lot to the Main Office/Headquarters may be a hassle to those not accustomed to sharing shuttle services.

Advice to Management

Update ERP System.

"Sales associate, key holder, shop manager. Was a loyal employee, now a loyal customer"

Former Employee - Shop Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Shop Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at BCBG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Discount. The clothes are amazing....

Cons

Weren't loyal to employees that have been there for a while. New management was cleaning house. Not to play the race card but it seemed like all the other veteran employees that were POC were getting the chopping block, but the other employees that were veterans that were POC were staying there.

Advice to Management

Build a relationship with all employees. Understand them, and their needs. Also I've tried getting in touch with corporate over the years about a particular situation through emails and phone calls. Still no answer back. Not only was I a loyal employee, I'm still a loyal customer.

Mar 9, 2017 – Human Resources

Please utilize your Human Resources partners so they may address your concerns. You're welcome to email Human.Resources@bcbg.com so they may get back to you in a timely manner. Thank you!

3. "assistant manager"

I have been working at BCBG full-time

Pros

great discount. coworkers were nice

Cons

no support from corporate. does not support managers

4. "Store manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at BCBG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great discount , great for a person who likes to keep busy always something to do. With the right team definitely a great group of people.

Cons

The way they are treating employees through the liquidation is horrible and completely unfair. Especially to the employees who have been loyal for years.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat loyal employees.

5. "Flagship store"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at BCBG part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great clothes. Decent Discounts. Friendly staff.

Cons

A bit unorganized. Store was without a manager for a while.

Feb 28, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please utilize your Human Resources partners so they may address your concerns. You're welcome to email Human.Resources@bcbg.com so they may... More

"50/50"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I have been working at BCBG part-time (More than a year)

Pros

great team, awesome managers, love my clients, and love the clothes

Cons

expected to meet unrealistic sales quotas. Management deserves better hours/pay.

Advice to Management

Management deserves better hours/pay. OFFER BETTER INCENTIVES AND REWARDS TO YOUR EMPLOYEES. Corporate won't even pay for cleaning supplies. Corporate very out of touch with current sales trends and patterns.

7. "Learned a lot"

Pros

I learned a lot from this company and everyone was so helpful.

Cons

I noticed the turnover rate was quite high.

Feb 28, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience with us!

8. "Assistant Management.Don't waste your time.This Brand has no longevity, due to lack of management accountability ."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Beverly Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Beverly Hills, CA

I worked at BCBG full-time

Pros

Discount is great! Benefits are ok. If you're new to management ,you can learn the bare minimum with this brand.

Cons

Where do I start. Incompetent management. Favoritism shown to employees, who are clearly friends with management outside of work. Breaks are frowned upon, no matter if you've worked more than 5 hours on the floor. District manger is friends with management also, so anything goes. The management program is remedial so if your looking for growth this is not the company. This is my experience at the flagship location in the west coast market.

Advice to Management

Professionalism needs to be reassess on all levels at whatever BCBG store that are staying open for the west coast district.

"Screwed Over"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at BCBG part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only thing is Discounts

Cons

As the stores are closing, we (the current employees) were offered 3% of commissions on our sales. Our paycheck was supposed to include weeks of commission ($1000 of dollars worth of sales) however WE WERE SCREWED OVER) only $200 worth of commission was added to my barely existent paycheck. This company treats employees terribly. No severance no nothing

"Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager MGT in Vernon, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager MGT in Vernon, CA

I worked at BCBG full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good team communications. Questions can always be answered from someone.

Cons

Lack of corporate funds limits ability and interferes with doing job

Advice to Management

Be truthful,not pc