BCE Barnum & Celillo Electric Reviews | Glassdoor

BCE Barnum & Celillo Electric Reviews

Updated Dec 12, 2018

4.3
BCE Barnum & Celillo Electric CEO Fred Barnum (no image)
Fred Barnum

"Trainee"

Current Employee - Training in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at BCE Barnum & Celillo Electric full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a fantastic place to learn new skills being fresh out of school and not knowing much in the electrical field…

Cons

Having to wake up and go to work at least four days a week… But hey we all get to retire one day

BCE Barnum & Celillo Electric2018-10-12
  2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Apprentice Electrician

Pros

There is always work if willing to travel

Cons

Wages are lower compared to other companies

Advice to Management

Increase pay a little

BCE Barnum & Celillo Electric2018-12-12
  3. "Keeps ya working for ok pay"

Current Employee - Electrician in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at BCE Barnum & Celillo Electric full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent people who keep you working throughout the year if your head is on straight. Pay is average.

Cons

Benefits package is lacking. No PTO. State minimum sick leave available and only 5 days Vaca annually.

BCE Barnum & Celillo Electric2018-12-05
  4. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at BCE Barnum & Celillo Electric full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good pay, lots of work, able to grow,

Cons

Trying to figure out what to do with all the money I make from working 40 hours a week year round

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You guys and girls are fantastic

BCE Barnum & Celillo Electric2018-10-11
  5. "New to the trade…"

Current Employee - Electrician in Sacramento, CA

Pros

I'm new to the trade, and this, so far, is the only company for which I have worked as an electrician.  Therefore, I have little basis on which to know how working for this company compare with working, in this profession, for a different company.   That said, I am finding my work very satisfying.  I am just completing a project which, when I started, was a not-quite complete empty shell of... a building—the foundation, walls, and most (but not yet all) of the roof). and have watched as my efforts and those of many other workers have turned this into a very impressive warehouse/distribution center.  It's been very exciting, watching the lights come on that I helped to install, watching other machines and equipment come to life which I helped install, and watching the entire building coming to life.   I'm currently working under a great foreman, who seems genuinely interested not just in getting the project built, but in helping me, personally, to grow and advance in this trade.   I've had two other completely different major professions in my past, as well as a wide hodge-podge of other sorts of transient work in between, and nothing else that I have done as a profession has given me the sort of satisfaction and sense of accomplishment that I am now getting, as an electrician, working for BCE.

Cons

The only significant complaint I can find to make against this company is that it seems to be very stingy about any kind of paid time off.  We do not get paid holidays.  On holidays, we do not work, and we lose a day's pay.  We also get the bare minimum of sick/personal time.   This stands out to me because my wife has a really, really sucky job, yet she gets paid holidays, and she... takes much more time off from her job than I do from mine, and very often has sufficient PTO/Sick time to cover it.

BCE Barnum & Celillo Electric2018-10-10
  6. "Beware skilled electricians"

Current Employee - Journeyman Electrician

Pros

There's a few good stand up guys in the field. Close to home.

Cons

They only hire cheap help. Felt more like babysitting than working.

Advice to Management

Give the good guys more money. Don't promise them something you will not follow thru on. There's more green guys than skilled.

BCE Barnum & Celillo Electric2017-04-12

"BCE has taking care of me and my family and kept me employed."

Current Employee - Journeyman Electrician in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at BCE Barnum & Celillo Electric full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Owner is a stand up guy. And puts his self out there some times to keep his team working.win or lose we are a team.

Cons

Always on your toes life of construction be on winning team or you'll ride the bench. People think if you get job you don't have to push hard everyday.if you want be part of this team you do.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

BCE Barnum & Celillo Electric2017-02-13
  8. "Great"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator

Pros

Everyone is friendly, also very good at what they do.

Cons

There is no cons for working here as long as you work hard.

BCE Barnum & Celillo Electric2017-02-11
  9. "Senior Estimator"

Current Employee - Senior Estimator in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Very much like a family

Cons

only a few paid holidays

BCE Barnum & Celillo Electric2017-02-08
  10. "BCE is for ME!"

I have been working at BCE Barnum & Celillo Electric full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Knowledgeable Management, Experienced Field Personnel, Fun, Fast-paced atmosphere. Office understands WORK HARD, PLAY HARD. Staff is friendly and helpful. Fred Barnum is a very involved boss, professional and passionate man who has the ability to connect with everyone. He sincerely cares about everyone who represents BCE.

Cons

No cons to report. Completely happy with BCE.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring team players like we have. Individuals who like Teamwork are the best to work with.

BCE Barnum & Celillo Electric2017-02-07