BCForward Content Review Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

BCForward Content Review Specialist Reviews

Updated Jun 8, 2017

1.4
BCForward CEO Justin P Christin (no image)
Justin P Christin

"Poor experience"

Current Employee - Content Review Specialist in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at BCForward full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have contracts for top companies in the bay.

Cons

Management doesn't care about your career nor life, you are just a number generating numbers.

BCForward2017-05-20

"Stay far, far away from this company."

Former Contractor - Content Review Operations Specialist in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at BCForward for more than a year

Pros

There are no good reasons.

Cons

BCForward is a vendor of Accenture. They handle contractors that are on the project at Google. There is very little meaningful communication to the employee. The company rep that is on site is simply a mouthpiece for a bad company and has nothing of value to say to the employees. I was based in a building in Palo Alto that is on the very outskirts of the main Google campus. This is likely an effort to isolate... the contractors there from the rest of Google, denying exposure and contact with FTEs, resulting in less opportunity for advancement or conversion. As a matter of fact, many FTEs do not even know the building (sometimes called "Vendorville") I worked in exists. BCForward is also known for playing games with employee wages such as not paying, not paying on time, or stealing wages to pay benefits that the employee did not agree to. The pay is laughably low, even compared to other staffing agencies and similar positions. The benefits are very poor. There is no opportunity for advancement and this might be the biggest indicator to stay away. Even the hardest working, most successful and committed employees will not be rewarded. I witnessed many of these people actually fired and badly treated, by BCForward, as well as the Accenture supervisors on site. The work itself is meaningless. Content review here means reviewing websites and ads for Google, doing the same thing over and over in a big spreadsheet. Be very, very careful when coming into contact with Accenture so that you do not come into contact with BCForward. If the job posting says "preferred vendor," you should run the other way. This includes the Palo Alto location as well as the San Jose location, both of which I believe are just contractor farms.

BCForward2017-06-08
  3. "Content Review Analyst"

Former Contractor - Content Review Specialist in San Jose, CA

I worked at BCForward for less than a year

Pros

Sub contract of Accenture whose client is Google. Free food. Can work on site of a top tech company. There's no Pros beside the perks.

Cons

Awful company. Laughable pay, micro management, no communication, annoying taking long time background checks, AND they prevent you from getting UI checks no matter what. Unless you're about to be evicted from your apartment or no money to buy food, run away from this company.

Advice to Management

Not worth to provide advice to such a horrible company.

BCForward2017-06-01

"Just. Stay. Away"

Former Contractor - Content Review Specialist

I worked at BCForward for more than a year

Pros

A paycheck every two weeks from your contract work.

Cons

Where do I begin? First things first, don't say that the project has the possibility of being put on as a full-time staff member in the company. This is straight up FALSE! I was brought on a project with a MAJOR tech company - due to the confidentiality agreement I signed, I cannot state the name of the company. However, it's in Mountain View, so, one can figure it out. The project I was brought onto was a... STRAIGHT MESS! A lot of times, we were understaffed on weekends, were put on a rotating schedule, and the work-life balance were NON-EXISTENT! Had to deal with micro-managers, who would scold us for taking too long in the bathroom, while we were dealing with a high workflow! Uh, this isn't my issue, this is a management issue. Don't get me started on the health benefits! They are a JOKE! After talking to one the project managers - we were all informed that they had ZERO interest in making anyone official. This was 4 months after being on the project, as they would just extend our contract, because it was "the best focus for the client and to keep cost down." So, you lied to us? A few months later, I left the project and begin to start my career anew.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to promising employees to bring people onto a brand new project! Also, get involved with contract work. Call or e-mail them and see if they're happy or not. Communication is key!

BCForward2015-11-12