BCForward Project Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

BCForward Project Manager Reviews

Updated 6 Oct 2019

3.2
BCForward CEO Justin P Christin (no image)
Justin P Christin

"Excellent Responsiveness & Followup"

Current Contractor - Project Manager

I have been working at BCForward for less than a year

Pros

In reviewing project management opportunities, Jason Kegerreis has been great and responsive in reviewing PM opportunities where BCForward has multiple options around the country. Would highly recommend.

Cons

I do not have an 'cons' to reference.

BCForward2019-10-06
  2. "Flexible"

I have been working at BCForward full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible and understanding of personal life, great people to work with, good pay, opportunities to work on unique projects

Cons

Benefits are not great if you have a family

BCForward2019-06-27

"Dishonest, Disaster"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at BCForward full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay, and location of company

Cons

Everything. Lack of leadership, Company cant even provide pin/paper/ Tissue. Each employee has to bring basic work tools from home. No job training or mentorship. No a social, company... Everyone keeps to themselves.

BCForward2019-05-07

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at BCForward full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working on the Lilly account was a great experience! That experience really depends on the team you are assigned and I lucked out. It was a good work life balance and learned a lot in a short time.

Cons

The benefits are a joke. The health insurance premiums are by far the highest I’ve ever heard of with bare minimum coverage. No matching 401k and a lot of the PTO has to cover Lilly’s shut downs.

Advice to Management

This company has a lot of potential. If you want to attract and retain good resources, provide better benefits. Be strategic to stay ahead in the market

BCForward2019-03-22
  5. "Great job"

I have been working at BCForward full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent onboarding process Realistic expectations from client

Cons

Benefits are very expensive

Advice to Management

Look at ways to save employees from high benefits cost. Multiple plans helps, but a quality plan may take some research.

BCForward2019-03-06
  6. "Pushy bullies who don't comply with regulations"

Former Contractor - Project Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at BCForward for more than a year

Pros

Upped my hourly rate immediately when I hesitated taking the job from them. (Hourly rate is still low, however.)

Cons

- Dangled a contractor job at a big-name company but then sent me an email THE DAY I STARTED the job telling me I couldn't ever mention the name of this end company - on LinkedIn, my resume or even in interviews! That was dishonest, not to mention ridiculous. The end company has explicitly stated it's fine to state that we work for them. - Tried to prevent me from collecting my state-mandated sick pay. I'm in... California, which means I accrue sick pay with every paycheck. This Indiana-based company didn't include California-regulated information about how to collect sick pay with any of their onboarding materials. They then refused to answer an email I sent requesting this info. When I finally found out how to request it, it took 3 emails from me for them to actually pay me. - Disorganized: their time-keeping system is a mess. Months into my employment with them, they started to call me weekly to question me about the way I filled out the timesheet (they never said I should do it differently; they just called every week "to ask") . Shortly after that, a different person started calling me repeatedly to tell me to stop requesting overtime - even though I never did. - Pushy: the morning after they verbally told me I was hired for a contracting role, I got an email (in the very early morning) requesting I start onboarding paperwork. The email said I only had 2 hours from when I received the email in which to complete ALL paperwork. There was A LOT of paperwork, including extensive records requests for their invasive background check. There was no way to do it in 2 hours - and there was absolutely no reason to demand it. - The background check they requested was way more invasive than it needed to be. It's honestly not any of BCForward's business what my previous salaries were. - Benefits: they offer a minimum coverage health plan (which magically never covers anything), and they offer a basic-tier plan (may have been an HDHP plan - I forget) with a real health insurance company - but it was significantly more expensive than what you would find on the open market for the same plan.

Advice to Management

- Start complying with state and federal law re: sick pay. - Don't insult your employees with invasive background checks when they aren't needed. - Your benefits are a joke, and you seem to see them as a profit center. Stop it. - You have no right to tell employees they can't mention the end clients. Stop it. - Your recruiting and accounting staff are pushy, unpleasant and disorganized.

BCForward2019-02-20

"Avoid this company unless you have nothing else!"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at BCForward full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the PMs working at the major pharma account are good people. The major pharma PMO sets all direction. BCf leadership simply reacts. You only need to work 4 or 5 hours a day and show up on-site a couple times a week.

Cons

Nearly all the BCf leaders working at the major pharma account are NOT very good at thier jobs and are in thier role simply because they are someone's friend. The major pharma leadership appears not to care which allows BCf leaders to neglect employees outside the inner circle.

Advice to Management

Leave

BCForward2019-01-05

"PM"

I have been working at BCForward full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company has a work life balance

Cons

They don't care about the people

Advice to Management

Listen to your people

BCForward2018-03-19

"IT Project Manager"

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at BCForward full-time for more than a year

Pros

I liked many of my co-workers.

Cons

Benefits are horrible it's best to go out to the marketplace. We found out at the last minute that our health care cost were skyrocketing. I worked for a large, well known downtown organization as a contract employee and was treated very unprofessionally. BCforward either couldn't or wouldn't effectively handle the client. The walk from the parking lot to the building was 20 minutes one way. You had to carry a... back pack everywhere because you don't have a desk. It's first come, first serve. My BCforward manager was nice, the client however was in control and treated the contract staff poorly.

Advice to Management

Don't contract at that employer.

BCForward2017-07-28

"BCbackwards"

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at BCForward for less than a year

Pros

None, none at all, or they are hidden, very well hidden. There are no pros unless you are a part of the inner circle

Cons

Make yourself a favor and stay away from it. This place is a joke. Very unethical and unprofessional. No matter how much they offer, do not fall for it. They never follow the contract. It is simply worthless.

BCForward2016-12-22