BCForward Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Justin P Christin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Diverse & Inclusive work environment (in 19 reviews)

• One of my favorite parts about BCforward is our employer's emphasis on employee wellness and work life balance (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits/PTO until almost a year with the company (in 8 reviews)

• As one can expect, as a contractor benefits are terrible (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Company!"

I have been working at BCForward full-time

Pros

BCforward is a tremendous company to work for! I was hesitant in the beginning, but they've turned out to be an amazing company and I truly enjoy going to work every day. Everyone I talk with truly cares about me and works quickly to get any questions answered and problems solved.

Cons

There are no cons at BCforward

Advice to Management

Great managers, plentiful training opportunities, and positive and constructive feedback is always provided. Keep up the great work!

2. "Account Manager"

I worked at BCForward full-time

Pros

People, Culture @ Corporate

Cons

Spotty Communication, Minimal Training, Not very collaborative

Advice to Management

Increase Employee Engagement and Brand Awareness.

3. "IP Operations Analyst"

I worked at BCForward full-time

Pros

I worked for BCForward on contract with Accenture and Facebook in Austin. It was amazing working in the Facebook Office. I also met a lot of interesting, unique fellow contractors. Those are my only pros.

Cons

BCForward is an outside people management company.

They don't know you or care about you.

The relationship between contract workers and full time workers at Facebook is awful. Facebook employees are rude, egotistical, and overall unpleasant to work with.

Advice to Management

Better benefits!
    Pay more!
    Interviewing was horribly complicated. So much information was needed and had to be verified. It took a month.

4. "BCForward - "Good place to learn with great culture""

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at BCForward full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Upward mobility, competitive pay, fast paced & friendly work environment, always on the cutting edge of technology, working to put human empathy back in the role of recruiter. Great work life balance and great growth opportunities, Gives space to explore & learn within the organization, Always you can dream big while working here.
    Senior Management follows open door policy wherein Employee ideas are well received and appreciated and is implemented if it is within their range.

Cons

No Cons as the company is good as it is.

"Content Curator"

I worked at BCForward full-time

Pros

None. Was a disastrous experience from start to finish.

Cons

Absolutely terrible management, incompetent, aloof penny-pinching robots who destroy everything they touch.

Advice to Management

Engage with your job and staff.

6. "IT Project Manager"

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at BCForward full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I liked many of my co-workers.

Cons

Benefits are horrible it's best to go out to the marketplace. We found out at the last minute that our health care cost were skyrocketing. I worked for a large, well known downtown organization as a contract employee and was treated very unprofessionally. BCforward either couldn't or wouldn't effectively handle the client. The walk from the parking lot to the building was 20 minutes one way. You had to carry a back pack everywhere because you don't have a desk. It's first come, first serve. My BCforward manager was nice, the client however was in control and treated the contract staff poorly.

Advice to Management

Don't contract at that employer.

7. "Great people! Fast-growing , diverse and inclusive workspace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at BCForward full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Growing at a healthy pace, lots of opportunities
    - Connections with some big companies
    - Diverse & Inclusive work environment

Cons

- Some departments are seeing greater turnover than others

Advice to Management

- Can try to improve a little more on team-building and camaraderie. But, overall they are doing a great job! Keep it up

"Negative Experience"

Former Employee - Account Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Account Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at BCForward full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CEO and Director of HR believe in giving back to the employees. Lunch was often catered, almost on a weekly basis. They honored employee anniversaries and even provide all employees with a Christmas gift (or gifts, depending on your tenure with the company). My co-workers were amazing and were the source of resolutions due to the lack of care and knowledge the managers had. The business is in a good location and the office is completely modern. You can tell the company took the time to design the new location.

Cons

Managers were incompetent. I often had to go to my co-workers or other managers on different teams to find the answers to my solution. The managers do not pay attention to detail and caused many mistakes, in which they made the team fix on their own. They would ignore requests for help from our team. Management would also work on personal items while at work, ignoring us and what actually needs to be done. Some members of management were known to hide or say they were in meetings in order to avoid actually working. There was also favoritism among the office, between clients and teams. They say it's a flexible, roughly 8 to 5 salaried position, with the ability to work from home at times. It was said that the company promotes higher education and that they work with you to go to school in the evenings. However, that was not actually the truth. You're expected to work through your lunches and stay late multiple times a week with no option to come in late the next day and no regard to personal commitments outside of work hours. I will say that this didn't happen with every team, but it was a majority of teams that were treated this way. Despite the office being updated with the new location, the cubbies were quite small with no barriers between desks, so it made it hard to hear and speak on the phone when there are 20+ other employees doing the same thing.

Advice to Management

Please know the job that you're managing. If you do not know the answer, find the answer and educate the team, instead of telling the employees that you do not know and to figure it out on their own. Please honor the open door policy and be receptive to employees's ideas, concerns, etc. Also, lead by example. Do not punish employees for following your lead.

"One of the most disorganized an unprofessional companies I have some across in my 10 year career."

Pros

They have contracts with great companies (but it's only a matter of time they lose them). It says I have to have a 20 word minimum.

Cons

Everything from their handling of logistics/Hr to the intelligence and demeanor of their employees. The pay is so low their contractors are mediocre at best.

Advice to Management

Start over

"Do Not Recommend"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at BCForward full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My colleagues were great to work with. They were definitely the best part of coming to work everyday. The office is nice and up to date and in a good location. They regularly provide lunch for employees and recognize staff on their work anniversaries.

Cons

The pay is VERY low. They changed the commission structure so you have a significant decrease in earnings, yet they didn't bother to increase base salaries. HR is useless. Just terrible. Accounting and payroll problems basically every week. The people who work in payroll and accounting are great--it's just whatever system they use has consistent errors. Unethical management that didn't listen to employee feedback. LONG hours. You have to work significantly more than 40 hours each week if you want to make any money.