BCForward "bcforward" Reviews | Glassdoor

BCForward Employee Reviews about "bcforward"

Updated 24 Nov 2019

2.7
BCForward CEO Justin P Christin (no image)
Justin P Christin
Pros
  • "work environment is awesome and this is best place to earn money(in 30 reviews)

• "It was a good work life balance and learned a lot in a short time(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Never thought or never had any downsides here with BCforward(in 30 reviews)

• "Health insurance is very expensive(in 14 reviews)

Reviews about "bcforward"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Competitive Organisation.."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at BCForward full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am working with BCforward since past few years and have seen its growth completely in a competitive way. It has a fast paced work environment in which the people are positive minded. The relationship that BCforward maintains with their clients is really good. The same importance is given to the contractors.

Cons

Never thought or never had any downsides here with BCforward.

Advice to Management

It is good now. Please continue to have the same or innovative things while managing people.

BCForward2018-03-26

"If you see this company in your offer letter, RUN!"

Current Employee - Contractor in Austin, TX

I have been working at BCForward full-time

Pros

I have absolutely none to give.

Cons

This is by far the worst, most parasitic company I have ever worked for. This is a company that preys on employees by offering "staffing solutions" to large companies, undercutting wages and allowing companies to not provide benefits by labeling everyone as "contractors". They are enabling companies to misclassify workers, and are in complete violation of Common Law Employment guidance. Allow me to enlighten... you on some of BCforward's "benefits" that they'll provide you instead of the company you will actually be working for: - Outrageously expensive healthcare you'll never be able to afford because you'll only be paid about 40% of what is considered median wage. - Fractured systems that make employment information about as transparent at a brick. Do you like having to email someone and waiting 48 hours to find out how much PTO you have and then just take their word for it? Then boy, you sure are in a treat with this company. Profile information, benefits and paystubs on the same account? Don't be sill! BCforward gives you FOUR different sites to use all with separate login information for you to keep track of! - Have a parent die and you want to attend the funeral? Well you better get moving then because BCforward only offers two days of unpaid bereavement leave. Don't be late or you may find your contract terminated! - Did I mention the wage yet? Well you certainly don't have to worry about EVER having to negotiate your pay, because the great people at BCforward will do so on your behalf! You see, BCforward is in the business of providing companies with GREAT staffing opportunities! And what makes staffing solutions greater than cheap labor?! Rest assured, with BCforward you will receive the absolute minimum possible for your role, with zero chances for raises, and that will assuredly devalue your resume and career prospects for years to come. :D - You can also expect to work every single Holiday with no pay or any extra incentives because you're "'contractors' remember? Teehee!" Again, if you EVER see this company in any part of the application, interview or job offer process, avoid, avoid, AVOID! They and the companies that use them know full well how bad their reputation is and will hide themselves until the very end of your job application. If you are currently working for them here is my advice: RAISE YOUR VOICE! File your S-88's and contact your state workforce commission. What BCforward is doing is not okay!

Advice to Management

I have none, because I've never met any of you the entire time I've worked here. You are a glorified payroll operation masquerading as an employer.

BCForward2019-11-25

"An ok temp job, but don't plan to build a career."

Current Contractor - Review Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at BCForward for more than a year

Pros

- Provided meals and snacks. - A chill work environment, depending on your team. - Opportunities to work on different teams and learn different products. - $15 - $18/ hour.

Cons

At BCForward, contractors/contingent workers are treated as second-class citizens, especially by Full-Time Employees and their clients, despite their work being just as integral or even more important. - Workers are put on "at will" contracts (can be terminated without warning, justification, or reason). - Workers can only receive a static, low income that is not adjusted to the average Cost of Living for the... area. Any request to receive an increase in pay will be denied for tax purposes. - Workers are not allowed to receive commission/raises/pay increases outside of a promotion within the vendor/agency. - There is little to no career advancement within the company. Promotions only provide a pay increase of $1-$2/ per hour. - Workers have to deal with incentives and disincentives that can create biases against hiring contractors for Full-Time Employment positions, thus making it nearly impossible to convert to a full-time employee. - Workers are unable to apply/change to another vendor or agency that works with the client without at least a 6 month hiatus to prevent poaching. - Workers are required to work on holidays and do not receive Overtime (OT) for working those holidays without requesting it, which is usually denied. - Workers do not receive paid benefits (health care, dental, etc.) Instead they are offered plans that would eat up at least 25-40% of their income. - Workers must request Paid Time Off (PTO) and can be denied without justification. - Workers are required to spend PTO on sick days. - Workers have no control over their work schedules. - Workers have inadequate care for trauma or counseling when dealing with traumatic content. - Workers are required to sign NDAs agreeing to never publicly disclose that they have worked with (Insert name of large social media client) or are/were associated with the client in any way, shape, or form. - Workers are not permitted to participate in most company sponsored events and/or programs. - Workers are not allowed to receive/use references or letters of recommendation from full time employees when applying for a job outside of the company or the client. - Corporate management is very disconnected and actively works against it's own employees. - Inner network is a mess and it has taken them years to create something even slightly coherent. - Constant socio-economic discrimination and racial discrimination are becoming bigger problems than ever within the company. - Workplace retaliation is becoming more of an issue that is being ignored for the sake of appearances and productivity. - Workers' demands for better conditions are entirely ignored and even punished. - Currently, workers are facing crackdowns from corporate management as the company is being audited.

Advice to Management

- Pay your employees an actual living wage. The best way to build morale is to have people go home and think, "Yes this is a good, sustainable job." Not, "Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to take a side gig while I'm working my 2nd job. Might even be able to break even and pay my rent." - Stand up for your workforce instead of rolling over all of the time. - Give your employees Overtime for being forced to work on... the holidays. - Provide better paid benefits. - Recognize the limits of your team and stop setting ridiculous and unachievable goals at the expense of your workers health. - Create a method of conveying important updates and changes to the team without getting it muddled with other messages. - Quit patting yourselves on the back while your workforce is suffering.

BCForward2019-07-23
  4. "Content Reviewer"

I have been working at BCForward full-time

Pros

Work onsite at Top 50 Company

Cons

BCforward payroll team delay the paycheck and not response question. One of my paycheck been miss for one month. Is time to looking for legal way to gain them attention now.

Advice to Management

Be more care about your employer please

BCForward2018-12-17
  5. "Facebook Project Dreadful"

Former Contractor - Sales & Marketing Expert in Austin, TX

I worked at BCForward for less than a year

Pros

The only good thing was snacks and drinks were available.

Cons

For the Facebook project, the managers were Accenture employees, you could NOT indicate on LinkedIn that you worked for Facebook. BCForward checked to make sure your profile only said BCF as your employer. There was zero chance of you ever getting hired full time. The benefits were offered and it was just about as much weekly as my paycheck. The rotation of employees was rampant.

Advice to Management

Don't micro manage ADULT employees. Make it viable for employees to be hired on full time.

BCForward2018-06-04
  6. "Content Review Specialist"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at BCForward for less than a year

Pros

Free food and cool co-workers

Cons

Terrible Benefits. I currently pay $400+ a month for my health insurance under BCForward, and still had to pay $300+ on top for a simple evaluation and blood test. Bcforward does not provide any descent benefits for its contractor. In fact, most benefits are provided by the client. This is on top of its disorganized and mundane management.

Advice to Management

Contractors are people. We should be offered with at least a higher pay OR better benefits. Common sense tells you why you have such a high turn over rate.

BCForward2018-05-15
  7. "Cool place to work for"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at BCForward full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a very good place if you abide by the rules. Management evaluates on the result and if the result is not satisfactory the management will take necessary action to make the results better. Very friendly co-workers, leads and management.

Cons

Consider people working long term with BCforward rather than hiring new people from outside for the business expected in near future. If any recruiter makes a mistake let them know first. At least that particular recruiter or the team will not repeat and will tell others not to repeat rather than discussing among the management.

BCForward2018-01-23
  8. ""First step to Success" @ BCforward"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at BCForward full-time

Pros

I am glad to be in this BCforward family as i do get every support from my co-workers and Management.

Cons

As of now, I don't have any Cons on BCforward. I'm happy to be a part of BCforward.

Advice to Management

i don't think i need to advice to management, as they know what they to provide.

BCForward2017-09-25

"BCforward Lies in the Interview"

Former Employee - Social Media Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at BCForward full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are no pros to working at BCforward.

Cons

BCforward will contact you saying they are a recruiter for Facebook. They are not a recruiter, they are a contracting company. They will tell you in the interview process that you will strictly work 9AM-5PM Monday-Friday with some overtime occasionally. You will come in for your first day, and they will tell you that you are working 4PM-Midnight Wednesday-Sunday, and if you are unable to work these hours immediately... your contract will be terminated. They will threaten to terminate your contract constantly. Let them. Don't sign the contract. If you have any respect for yourself, you will not accept an offer from this company.

Advice to Management

Your company is going to collapse. Stop breaking the law.

BCForward2017-10-19

"IP Operations Analyst"

I worked at BCForward full-time

Pros

I worked for BCForward on contract with Accenture and Facebook in Austin. It was amazing working in the Facebook Office. I also met a lot of interesting, unique fellow contractors. Those are my only pros.

Cons

BCForward is an outside people management company. They don't know you or care about you. The relationship between contract workers and full time workers at Facebook is awful. Facebook employees are rude, egotistical, and overall unpleasant to work with.

Advice to Management

Better benefits! Pay more! Interviewing was horribly complicated. So much information was needed and had to be verified. It took a month.

BCForward2017-08-15