BD Reviews | Glassdoor

Vincent A. Forlenza

1. "Mechanic"

Current Employee - Mechanic in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Mechanic in Sandy, UT

I have been working at BD full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Simple Work once you understand how the machine operates.. people on days are awesome

Cons

Pay is not good and difficult to move up in company,difficult to get good training

2. "Packaging Technician"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Diego, CA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Diego, CA

I worked at BD as a contractor

Pros

Lot of overtime equals lots of extra money per year

Cons

Don't work there! This place is joke. They treat employees very bad complete with verbal abuse. Also they have a lot of lowlife temporaries working there with questionable backgrounds. The turnover is so high they let anybody work there.
    The Permanent Techs who works there will cover up your mistakes ,if they like you . But if they don't like you ,they will treat you so bad. The majority people who work there are Philippines. It is a lot of discrimination in lab . Not friendly environment . You will see many two faced people in lab .

Advice to Management

1-Check more often in lab .
     2-People in lab cover up many mistakes for each others .
    3-Many discrimination and verbal abuse is going on in lab .

3. "Distrust subordinates and Play Politics"

Former Employee - Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at BD full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Got all kinds of training. A lot of chances to learn.

Cons

My manager did not trust employees. My in-laws passed away and I told him I probably need a bereavement leave to accompany my wife and attend the funeral. He said you might need to prove the death. My manager liked to play politics rather than focusing on get projects done on time. He did not allow employees do things proactively, such as reaching out other team members for info and document directly. Employees can only do these through him.

"Molding"

Current Employee - DMT in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - DMT in Midvale, UT

I have been working at BD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I don't have anything good to say in my experience. And now I'm trying to fill the 20 word requirement.

Cons

Very big on double standards. A male worker wants to go home early because he wants to start his vacation. A female worker needs to leave to be seen for her foot. They let the male leave to start vacation, but not the female employee that needed medical attention. They have also taken away employee incentives, horrible attendance policies.

"Not the face it presents to the world. Caution"

Former Contractor - Senior Marketing Manager in Franklin Lakes, NJ
    Former Contractor - Senior Marketing Manager in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I worked at BD as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Perks, great cafeteria, Starbucks and Wi-Fi and trucked in patio furniture for the scientific and corporate facing teams to enjoy all day. A very entitled environment if you join the right team. If..

Cons

Don't do it. I left on good terms so this is not a vindictive review but scary and true. I debated on telling this story. You will never get hired but worked to the bone and made to feel terrible. Honeymoon facade over after week one. As a contractor, they treat you very warmly and then after the introductions on day one, they drive you into the dirt. I've been a contractor at other competitors and never been so degraded. I have been given notice of five minutes to 15 minutes high end, to leave for the day just after they give you something you have to deliver to a client and they sat on it all day, I have researched the handle time...so it is valid. My first week, I was yelled at in front of 10 people and told that they were 'sick of me and my team'. The management team has made it clear that they have retention issues and they don't know why. They also go on to mention that they know they do not compete in technology and education. Their processes are very antiquated and they rely on their years of history to carry their reputation. They spend great amounts of money on thought leadership and engaging political leaders but have the worst ethics internally. They are packed with staff that are lifers from a long time ago but mostly otherwise staffed by contract workers it seems almost 80% without onboarding them properly . The regular associates are very difficult to the contractors and make jokes at their expense and even have held work up from me so I delivered late. Clients ask how long you are planning on being in the company because they know their projects will get lost in the shuffle when you depart. Now mind you, many clients were nice in other locations, but that is not typical in Franklin Lakes. Even other teams in other locations can't fathom the disrespect they have experienced working with my teams.

Advice to Management

Stop running the team with fear and you will get innovative ideas and contributions. Look deeper and treat people like people instead of just paper pushers and numbers. Your lack of associate education, empowerment and support is seriously a huge problem.

"BD DESTROYED CareFusion...sad times"

Current Employee - Peeon in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Peeon in San Diego, CA

I have been working at BD full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

At this point, NOT ONE!

Cons

1. Health Insurance REALLY SUCKS! Worse coverage I've seen since 1980's.
    2. Outsource, Outsource, Outsource, Outsource...
    3. Every transition they have done is a mess! Not one single thing that they've changed or added was successful. They even screw up payroll.
    4. Dumb! They are actually going to try and make the CareFusion updated SAP work with their outdated SAP. What a joke this company is.
    5. Upper management has no idea how much we are suffering with all this crap they are dishing out: providing worse health insurance, people getting laid off like mad, terrible IT service (Outsourced of course) and they ca hardly speak English. It takes a mass amount of emails sometimes, to get upper management to "get it." They really don't have a clue.
    6. Old, Old, Old Company's mind-set is Old, Old, Old.

Advice to Management

PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF THE SAND, look way down to the bottom of the pool, and you will see a multitude of afraid, angry, unhappy, discouraged and stressed out people.

"I'm trapped in my job."

Current Employee - Support Group in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Support Group in Columbus, OH

I have been working at BD full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Insurance starts on first day compared to waiting 90 days like some other places. Starting wages are competitive. Good Friday may be a holiday if you aren't on a 12 hour shift.

Cons

Management is corrupt. Core values are a joke, communication from top down is poor at best. At BD, you aren't a name, you are just a number.

Advice to Management

Management needs to communicate more effectively and at least pretend to care.

"Culture of Medocrity"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Jose, CA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Jose, CA

I worked at BD as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The only benefit to working there is you get a paycheck.

Cons

They operate like a company from 80's; Completely disorganized; They try to create the perception there I teamwork when there is very little; Communication from the top down is horrible; Morale is very low; Employees are afraid to speak the truth for fear of reprisals

Advice to Management

Very few salary employees put in the time. Majority of employees arrive around 8-8:30AM and you can shoot off a cannon after 3:30 PM; Politics reigns

9. "Point Of Care Sales Specialist."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at BD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance is good

Cons

Low pay and weak commission structure

Advice to Management

Pay more

"Sad current affairs"

Former Employee - Quality in Broken Bow, OK
    Former Employee - Quality in Broken Bow, OK

I worked at BD full-time

Pros

Small town charm with humble operators. Big manufacturing floor to learn mechanics of equipment. Good sick day policy for salaried employees.

Cons

Dumb and arrogant management especially quality department. Bad management with no scope of growth. Office politics, closed door gossips (esp. quality manager behavior), temperamentally unfit and poor knowledge driven decision. Favoritism inclined, rude and unbound scrutiny. Do not trust anything!

Advice to Management

Wake up, Learn and grow. Don't cheat people. Help them develop. Playing mean girls will be destructive for the company culture.

Showing 111 of 1,064 reviews