BECO Asset Management LLC Reviews

Updated Jun 25, 2018

3.5
BECO Asset Management LLC Principal Corey B Cutright (no image)
Corey B Cutright
  1. "Marketing and Public Relations Director"

Current Contractor - Marketing and PR Director in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at BECO Asset Management LLC for more than 3 years

Pros

I'm a BECO Boomerang, a BECO employee that left and came back. I first worked for BECO from 2003-2006 and I wouldn't be where I am today if it were not for the owners. I learned contract negotiation, budgeting, sales and I was able to implement my PR and Marketing skills. At that time, I was a military spouse (husband is now retired) and the company is very supportive of our military. I came back in February 2018, after working in both Federal and State Government. I am thrilled to be back. Construction is such an exciting field. To be able to see a community built from the ground up is amazing. I also love they take great care of their communities. Harbour Breeze and our BECO HQ are as beautiful as they were when they were first constructed. Thank you BECO for bringing me back!!!

Cons

No place is perfect or it wouldn't be called work. We are a busy company so it can be overwhelming but I would rather be busy than bored so you need to embrace the workload.

2. "Senior Leasing Agent"

Current Employee - Leasing Agent in Petersburg, VA

I have been working at BECO Asset Management LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love the fact that I can do sales, marketing, paperwork, and event planning.

Cons

I can only move up so far, as our corporate office is out of town.

3. "review"

I worked at BECO Asset Management LLC full-time

Pros

great team to work for, if you work hard.

Cons

compensation lacking, and changing team members always.

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at BECO Asset Management LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Anytime I face a problem that I am unsure about I always get great feedback and suggestions on how to solve it. If the problem still persist they send somebody out to help address the situation. I've never worked for a company that was so proactive and genuinely willing to help in anyway possible. If you have the opportunity I would highly recommend working for this company.

Cons

Like any company there are always ways to improve but I wouldn't consider this a con in anyway for the fact is they strive everyday to make positive improvements.

5. "Values-Driven Organization"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at BECO Asset Management LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Customer-focused and values-driven environment that offers dedicated professionals a chance to excel with clients.

Cons

Compensation is lower than market rate and bonus pay not comparable to what I've experienced in property management.

"Leasing Agent"

2.0
    Former Employee - Leasing Agent

I worked at BECO Asset Management LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly owners, pay is above industry averages, employees not at the corporate level are generally good people to work with.

Cons

No structured policies for hiring, training and firing employees. HR department is so disorganized, it barely functions, tasks rarely get completed on time, if they are completed at all. Incredibly high turn over rate (not unpopular amongst property management) People get fired just for "annoying" managers. Questionable policies when it comes to residents security deposits No marketing efforts what so ever. Mixed messages and unorganized delegation from corporate level employees. Managers will blatantly lie to you about reasons for completing unnecessary tasks.

7. "Solid career experience with a great employer"

I worked at BECO Asset Management LLC full-time

Pros

Had a great boss that cared very much about her employees

Cons

Sometimes we were asked to work outside of 40 hours a work week

"Not a good experience"

2.0
    Leasing Consultant

I worked at BECO Asset Management LLC

Pros

The Clubhouse was beautiful and nice to work in. There were multiple leasing specialists so we could rotate weekends which was nice.

Cons

Management company was horrible. Didn't find out which property I'd be working at until 3 days before my start date and I was relocating to the area. Went through 8 different leasing specialists there before I left and I helped to train them yet a raise was not easily given until I put in my notice. Rules change constantly.

Continue reading

"Worst Property Management Company"

1.0
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Petersburg, VA

I worked at BECO Asset Management LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Beco develop and manage extraordinary communities. That's about it!

Cons

Poor management style! A manager whom I thought was bipolar was hired to get rid of the whole staff. The owners encouraged her to write people up for no reason at all! They work employees for very little money and treat them horribly by threatening jobs all the time! Employees change constantly from corporate to the individual sites! I would never recommend this company and unfortunately several people have applied for the company and I told them not to work for BECO!

Continue reading

"Unorganized, unappreciative, and hostile work environment!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Hampton, VA

I worked at BECO Asset Management LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is decent, but it has to be to keep their employees!

Cons

Where do I start? I started employment with BECO with no leasing experience, although I possessed a great deal of guest service experience. I was thrown in with absolutely no training, and trained myself through asking questions, and sometimes received the wrong answers. I knew that the company was disorganized from the beginning, and was excited to assist in making it a superior place to live for the residents. For a while our jobs were constantly being threatened with either write ups or termination. Every other day I would hear residents commenting on how they have seen 20 new people come and go in the couple years they had lived there. The staff dwindled, and I had seniority after being employed for less than 3 months. I was working as hard as I possibly could to keep up with the demands of being short staffed, working overtime and trying to complete all assignments. After they fully staffed the office, I was let go, and they didn't fail to insult my intelligence in the termination papers. The problem is, if they do not like you they will find a reason to fire you. Most of the reasons they stated were small in comparison to what the assistant manager has done in the past 3 months. Be careful if you want employment through this company in Hampton! I sincerely hope that their new staff works out for the best, but their focus is not on the real problem. I should be more upset about being fired and not having an income, but it is actually a huge stress relief to not have to work in that office!

Found 14 reviews