KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

BECO Asset Management LLC Reviews

Updated Jan 20, 2021

Found 15 of over 15 reviews

3.7
BECO Asset Management LLC Principal Corey B Cutright (no image)
Corey B Cutright
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Supportive Environment

Jan 20, 2021 - Assistant Manager in Petersburg, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

small company; loved knowing owners well

Cons

You are micromanaged sometimes because owners mange the properties

2. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 3 years

Marketing and Public Relations Director

Jun 25, 2018 - Marketing and PR Director in Chesapeake, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm a BECO Boomerang, a BECO employee that left and came back. I first worked for BECO from 2003-2006 and I wouldn't be where I am today if it were not for the owners. I learned contract negotiation, budgeting, sales and I was able to implement my PR and Marketing skills. At that time, I was a military spouse (husband is now retired) and the company is very supportive of our military. I came back in February 2018, after working in both Federal and State Government. I am thrilled to be back. Construction is such an exciting field. To be able to see a community built from the ground up is amazing. I also love they take great care of their communities. Harbour Breeze and our BECO HQ are as beautiful as they were when they were first constructed. Thank you BECO for bringing me back!!!

Cons

No place is perfect or it wouldn't be called work. We are a busy company so it can be overwhelming but I would rather be busy than bored so you need to embrace the workload.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for

May 24, 2017 - Maintenance Supervisor in Virginia Beach, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Anytime I face a problem that I am unsure about I always get great feedback and suggestions on how to solve it. If the problem still persist they send somebody out to help address the situation. I've never worked for a company that was so proactive and genuinely willing to help in anyway possible. If you have the opportunity I would highly recommend working for this company.

Cons

Like any company there are always ways to improve but I wouldn't consider this a con in anyway for the fact is they strive everyday to make positive improvements.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee

Cross your "T's" and Dot your "I's"

Feb 11, 2009 - Property Manager in Suffolk, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Under the prior Director of Property Management who had been w/the company for several years, it was a wonderful place to work in the sense that we would receive feedback on our job performance, that person was a positive role model for myself and my associates by pushing us to be the best that we could be so that we could advance our careers to the fullest potential. They have beautiful communities and great products to offer prospective renters/buyers.

Cons

The benefit package was incredibly expensive and for the few years that I worked w/the company it progressively got more expensive each year. Very little communication or feedback from the owners of the company. (positive feedback)

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Leasing Agent

Feb 2, 2017 - Leasing Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly owners, pay is above industry averages, employees not at the corporate level are generally good people to work with.

Cons

No structured policies for hiring, training and firing employees. HR department is so disorganized, it barely functions, tasks rarely get completed on time, if they are completed at all. Incredibly high turn over rate (not unpopular amongst property management) People get fired just for "annoying" managers. Questionable policies when it comes to residents security deposits No marketing efforts what so ever. Mixed messages and unorganized delegation from corporate level employees. Managers will blatantly lie to you about reasons for completing unnecessary tasks.

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0

Not a good experience

Jan 13, 2015 - Leasing Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Clubhouse was beautiful and nice to work in. There were multiple leasing specialists so we could rotate weekends which was nice.

Cons

Management company was horrible. Didn't find out which property I'd be working at until 3 days before my start date and I was relocating to the area. Went through 8 different leasing specialists there before I left and I helped to train them yet a raise was not easily given until I put in my notice. Rules change constantly.

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Senior Leasing Agent

Dec 12, 2017 - Leasing Agent in Petersburg, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the fact that I can do sales, marketing, paperwork, and event planning.

Cons

I can only move up so far, as our corporate office is out of town.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Solid career experience with a great employer

Jun 28, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Had a great boss that cared very much about her employees

Cons

Sometimes we were asked to work outside of 40 hours a work week

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ok, but wouldn't stay long

May 20, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They paid me above minimum wage. I was able to work outside most of the time. This was only good in the summer, it was bitter cold in the winter and mostly spent time with numb hands and feet.

Cons

Demanding hours, no health insurance, they were unrealistic about the time needed to complete work in some areas, and gave too much time in others.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Mar 4, 2013 - Leasing Associate in Rockville, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very people centered for both employees and tenants.

Cons

There are no cons at BECO.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews