BEGA North America Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 6, 2017

3.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good/Strong Company - Nice Environment, Location and Facilities"

I have been working at BEGA North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

BEGA North America is a great place to work. I was surprised and impressed with the Campus, it is a beautiful structure designed with architecture in mind. As well there is natural beauty on the campus with a nature trail that is well maintained and full of fruit trees.

The President is very approachable and friendly, you can tell he cares about his employees and they are not just numbers to him.

Management is strong and the business outlook seems very promising, company is transitioning well into modern approaches.

Cons

Parking may become in issue if growth continues. Not too many food places to eat for lunch in Carpentaria.

Advice to Management

Continue to harness young talent and be willing to compensate to keep them.

2. "Living the dream!"

Current Employee - Sales & Marketing Team in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Sales & Marketing Team in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at BEGA North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A world renowned brand, timeless design, unequaled quality, and a family atmosphere. Living and working in Santa Barbara county isn't that bad either!!

Cons

Perfection is unattainable... but if you don't seek it BEGA North America may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Stay true to your core values and the future is bright.

3. "17 Years and Counting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at BEGA North America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I started working at BEGA North America back in 2001. I had owned my own business for over 12 years, so I was initially concerned about whether or not this would be a good fit, since I'd grown used to being able to make my own decisions without input from someone "higher up". What I found was not only a good fit, but a company that actually allows me quite a bit of autonomy, which can be rare in a corporate setting. The benefits are great. My co-workers are both hardworking and fun loving. Even after all this time, one of the things I love about my job is that no two days are exactly the same. I am always challenged to learn more and take ownership of projects.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

The only thing I can think of is, as the company continues to grow, please hold onto the values and guiding principles that have made it such a great place to work.

Jul 17, 2017 – President

We appreciate your feedback. First, let me thank you for your seventeen-plus years of service. Your hard work and loyalty are instrumental in the success of BEGA North America. Without the efforts of... More

4. "'Great Benefits, Opportunity for Professional Growth, Focused on Work/Life Balance'"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at BEGA North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

BEGA is an incredible company to work for...located walking distance from the beach with an in-house gym and personal trainer.

Monthly bonus plan is a great perk! Great benefits and paid time off plan.

BEGA management truly care about all employees! The kind of company which is small enough to feel like a family but large enough to foster positive mentor ship relationships and support internal employee professional development.

Cons

None to report...very happy with my experience at BEGA.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Jul 17, 2017 – President

We appreciate your thoughtful insights. Your feedback provides us with a very important tool when we are looking at what works – and what may need a bit of tweaking. We are always interested in what... More

"Good product, not so good environment"

I worked at BEGA North America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The product itself is outstanding. The factory location is great, the campus beautiful, nice on-campus gym for employee use. Benefits were great (insurance, 401K, profit sharing bonuses, generous vacations)

Cons

Management. They can't make up their mind whether leadership should have more product or process knowledge. It does the rank and file no good that you are an expert in group dynamics if you can't answer a phone call with an intelligent answer. KNOW THE PRODUCT.

Also, back your employees and be consistent. Many was the time I went to upper management in Sales with a problem and I never knew whether they would, under equal circumstances, back me up or rip me a new one. It really seemed contingent on the mood of the supervisor...and they all seemed pretty moody and inconsistent. Trust that your employees know what they are doing and are

Also, this place is a total "boys club." It is not a welcoming or equitable environment to female employees AT ALL. During outside presentations, female engineers are expected to hostess, male engineers are expected to present. Male employees were given a day off to attend a Rep's golf tournament. Female employees in that department were not invited and had to cover the workload of the absent men. Female employees are told flat out that they will not advance until their children are older. It has been this way for many years, and only gotten worse.

There is almost zero promotion from within. Do not expect to "move up" in this company.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect, especially the women! The company one had a really solid, loyal employee corps. It seems in the past decade, though, there has been a revolving door of half trained people, a decrease in satisfaction and loyalty. It is fixable, but it will require the top management to really change organizational style and I saw no evidence of that happening in the years I was employed there. The attitude was more, "You are a piece of equipment, interchangeable. You should be grateful to have this job and if you're unhappy, then there are 10 people waiting to take your place."

Jul 13, 2017 – President

First, and perhaps most importantly, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your employment here at BEGA North America. I was happy to see that you did recognize... More

"Hell with lights!!"

I worked at BEGA North America (More than a year)

Pros

The employees in assembly, warehouse, paint. So nice, kind and humble

Cons

The male senior executives, big heads, do not know what is going on, get over yourselfs, don't really know how to deal with people or treat women respecfully, they are just puppets. They do not know who works for them and they sure don't care. I worked their and it was very obvious the role women played (puppets) and it was very obvious who really cares.

Advice to Management

Get over yourselfs! look beyond yourself, think of others first, understand others first, say thank you when someone does their work, treat women with respect, greet employees at least!

"Not good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

I worked at BEGA North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good health insurance. good bonus money if the company meets the sales goal of the month.

Cons

Not good work environment. When I came aboard, I did not get any training. Learnt my work on my own. Worked for a year, was praised for my work, contributions, excellent relation with the customers and also given a pay hike. loved my job. Worked for 2.5 yeas and then came a new manager and decided that I did not know my job well and fired me. Found out in a few days this gentleman was fired by the president of the company on the grounds their ideologies did not match! In a couple of months, my manager(amazing manager) was fired. In about 6 months, my co-worker was fired. Firing people for petty reasons is not something new. Within 8 months another person from a different department was fired. This person was a great guy and had always been resourceful and committed. I have seen lot of hard working people being fired for very petty reasons. Not a place if you are looking for stability.

Advice to Management

1. Please identify the contributions made by your employees. Your 6 month review only has what the management has to say about the employee performance. You give no opportunity to the employee to tell how he has contributed to the company's success.
    2. Agreed that some people have worked for a long time at Bega and have special reputation but please don't fire people because these seniors did not like some hardworking employee.

"Working at BEGA"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

Pros

Excellent middle managers
    Good benefits, better than others in the area
    A reputation for building a quality product.
    Good teamwork between departments.

Cons

Information does not flow down hill and Senior Management doesn't take anyone's suggestions unless it comes from them.
    Not a company that supports and respects women and their contributions.

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves. Most employees know more about what is actually going on than you do.
    Just because someone works in the warehouse doesn't mean they can't have a terrific and workable suggestion.