KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

BELAY

Engaged Employer

BELAY

Add a Review

BELAY Employee Reviews about "clients and contractors"

Updated Dec 10, 2020

Found 12 of over 234 reviews

4.3
BELAY CEO Tricia Sciortino
Tricia Sciortino
Pros
  • "Work from home, flexible schedule(in 29 reviews)

• "Leadership truly cares for us an individuals and for our clients and contractors(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The long interview process should be viewed as a pro, not a con(in 9 reviews)

• "No cons except for no benefits, but this is part of the business model and absolutely expected with a contractor position(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of BELAY and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "clients and contractors"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Care For The Employee

Dec 10, 2020 - Independent Contractor in Springfield, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

BELAY really cares about their contractors and clients alike and wants them all to have the best experience possible! You always feel like you have someone to reach out to with questions and for support.

Cons

Better for those seeking part-time work, less higher-hour engagements available.

Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We greatly appreciate it and we are so glad you feel like you always have someone you can reach out to for support. We truly care about everyone on our team. While most of our clients do opt for part-time assistance, we love that contractors have the freedom to choose if they would prefer to serve one client or multiple clients if they are interested in working a higher number of hours per week. Thank you for serving our clients so well!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wonderful God-Driven Company

Jan 8, 2020 - Client Success Consultant in Marietta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- God is Number One is everything we do - The virtual aspect allows for true flexibility and balance of work/life - Great culture and people - The company is truly invested in your success - Personal gatherings/interactions allow for you to really feel connected in a remote world - Leadership really does care, it's refreshing! - Great camaraderie and team spirit. There is always more than one person who is willing to jump in and help, answer questions or be a sounding board for you - Bonuses and opportunities to put a little extra in your pocket/bank - The ability to serve and support our clients and contractors with the knowledge that you have an amazing level of support behind you - Leadership training - PTO level is pretty great compared to other companies I have worked for - Team and corporate family volunteer days - Volunteer time off to serve and support in the community. It is important to be able to give back and this starts from the very top. - The core values

Cons

- No clear career path, however, the company is growing exponentially and so there are opportunities for growth and/or to switch departments - Company is all Mac-based. I am not a Mac fan and would prefer to have the option to select laptop operating system. Nothing that is done cannot be performed on either system

Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share all of these thoughts! We're grateful for how you serve both our clients and the team. Keep up the good work!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

What a Gift it is to Work at BELAY

May 20, 2020 - Client Success Consultant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having worked in companies with toxic cultures and environments, BELAY is a breath of fresh air. We live our CORE VALUES every single day. We are supported not only by our teams and direct leaders, but by the entire company, regardless of department. Leadership truly cares for us an individuals and for our clients and contractors. It is not just words, it is truth lived out each and every day.

Cons

I am sure there is something, but truly, I can't think of anything as I write this review.

Recruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We're so glad you feel well-supported and encouraged when it comes to personal and professional development. Thank you for all you do to support our clients and contractors!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Long Interview Process but Worth the Effort

May 8, 2019 - Independent Contractor in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

They work very hard to vet potential contractors to work virtually as admins, assistants, bookkeepers, etc. When they've chosen you as a contractor for their repertoire, congratulations, because you're someone they see as valuable and bringing something to the table. They offer great flexibility to those who need a stay at home work environment. They put a lot of effort into placing clients and contractors based on a multitude of factors, and it really helps make work enjoyable for everyone involved.

Cons

Multi-stage interview process. It was about 6 weeks from application to hire. It can take weeks to get placed with a client. The pay is decent, but not necessarily comparative with all markets.

3 people found this review helpful

Recruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this feedback! We're so glad BELAY has been a great fit for you! All clients are able to buy-out the contract of any contractor. We love that this is an option and opportunity for growth for the contractor when it's a great fit! Also, our team discusses pay rates for contractors often and location (cost of living) is one of the many factors that already helps us determine each contractor's pay rate. Thank you for trusting that we want the very best for all of our contractors. Thankful that you're here!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

BELAY is a gift to me that keeps on giving!

Jan 9, 2020 - Client Relations
      Business Outlook

Pros

-An amazing culture. -A team that is committed to, and loves, serving clients and contractors well. -A transparent feedback culture to better ourselves and those we work with. -Team camaraderie and support. -I fully trust our leadership and where they are taking the organization. -We are empowered in our jobs to lead and make decisions. -We know how to have fun!

Cons

-An area of opportunity is continuing to provide upward movement for those that are ready to serve in a leadership role, however, BELAY offers amazing growth opportunities to grow as a leader, along the way.

Recruiter

Thank you so much for this feedback. It's exciting to know as BELAY continues to grow, there will be more opportunities for our team members. Thank you for serving well and being an important part of what we do to serve others!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Exactly What I Was Looking For

Jan 14, 2020 - Talent Acquisition
      Business Outlook

Pros

BELAY is truly a team. You're trusted to get your work done and there is always someone to lend a helping hand if you need it. I love walking across the hall to get to work, and we support clients and contractors who are doing incredible work. The benefits are great and competitive with other similar companies/positions.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We're glad you've found a great place to work and support others in what they're doing as well.

7. 5.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Best Decision EVER!!!

Sep 19, 2019 - Virtual Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Belay takes all approved contractors and clients through an intensive matching process to ensure a positive working relationship. Belay WANTS contractors to be successful! -Flexible hours -Great pay for “work from home” roles -Lots of training and support from Contractor Services

Cons

The ONLY possible “con” I can think of is that since we are 1099 contractors, we are technically self-employed. As a result, we are responsible for our own quarterly taxes, health insurance, etc. But the pro’s outweigh this BY FAR!!!

Recruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review! We can't serve our amazing clients without incredible people like you, and we definitely want you to be successful. Be sure to reach out to your CSC or Contractor Services if you ever need anything! We're so glad you're here and that you love BELAY!!

8. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Fantastic, supportive company that has your best interest in mind!

May 24, 2019 - Virtual Assistant in Knoxville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, supportive, willing to go the extra mile for their contractors and clients!

Cons

None, the interview process is selective, BUT that means they hire great people.

Recruiter

Thank you for these kind words! We're so glad you feel well-supported. We're glad you're here!

9. 5.0

Best Decision

Nov 28, 2017 - Independent Contractor/Virtual Executive Assistant in Memphis, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Y'all. I can't say enough how much I love this job. I've been working as an independently contracted VEA with them for 15 months, and it was the best career decision I've made, period. My husband and I travel the US for his job, which we love doing. But those constant moves meant that I could not hold a traditional job. I have a BBA and had worked previously as an administrator, so when my husband found out about Belay, I jumped at the opportunity. I haven't looked back. My work moves with me since we work virtually, and anywhere I have my computer, I have my work. Belay is careful to match you and your skillset with a client (or clients) who need what you offer, and they try their darndest to match clients and contractors by personality as well. My client and I clicked immediately and we have a fantastic working relationship, even though we've never met in person before. I love this job and the flexibility it allows so much, I plan on continuing this even when we settle down again.

Cons

Because we work virtually, sometimes it takes some extra effort to build relationships with clients and integrate into their work. My clients, his teams, and I all meet via video call several times a week to keep those lines of communication open and to build trust.

10. 5.0

Amazing Company

Jan 5, 2018 - Virtual Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Belay is by far the best Remote Companies I have ever worked for....it is the only one that is solely based off of working from home. They truly care I believe about all of their contractors and clients. They spend time in making sure clients are matched to the best fit with their VA's. There is so much information given along with support and tools for us all to do our jobs accurately.

Cons

Sometimes the only down side is the time it can take to be hired on and matched with a client. However even though it is a downside to it, there is a valid reason on why it can take so long at times.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews