KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

BELAY

Engaged Employer

BELAY

Add a Review

BELAY Employee Reviews about "interview process"

Updated Feb 6, 2020

Found 12 of over 234 reviews

4.3
BELAY CEO Tricia Sciortino
Tricia Sciortino
Pros
  • "Work from home, flexible schedule(in 29 reviews)

• "Leadership truly cares for us an individuals and for our clients and contractors(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The long interview process should be viewed as a pro, not a con(in 9 reviews)

• "No cons except for no benefits, but this is part of the business model and absolutely expected with a contractor position(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of BELAY and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "interview process"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Contractor

Amazing company to work for!

Feb 6, 2020 - Virtual Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Belay offers an awesome support network to all of its contractors! It's the best of both worlds to be able to work so independently, but know that you have a great team behind you when you need them. I love the flexibility and freedom that working for Belay provides. Yes, the interview process is long, but that's because this company is legit! They clearly want to provide their clients with the best contractors possible, and I genuinely believe their interview process ensures this.

Cons

None! The long interview process should be viewed as a pro, not a con. If you aren't ready to invest the work into the interview process, a remote position may not be for you.

Recruiter

Thank you so much for this review. The interview process is challenging but worth for everyone in the end. We're so glad you're here and appreciate all you do!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Long Interview Process but Worth the Effort

May 8, 2019 - Independent Contractor in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

They work very hard to vet potential contractors to work virtually as admins, assistants, bookkeepers, etc. When they've chosen you as a contractor for their repertoire, congratulations, because you're someone they see as valuable and bringing something to the table. They offer great flexibility to those who need a stay at home work environment. They put a lot of effort into placing clients and contractors based on a multitude of factors, and it really helps make work enjoyable for everyone involved.

Cons

Multi-stage interview process. It was about 6 weeks from application to hire. It can take weeks to get placed with a client. The pay is decent, but not necessarily comparative with all markets.

3 people found this review helpful

Recruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this feedback! We're so glad BELAY has been a great fit for you! All clients are able to buy-out the contract of any contractor. We love that this is an option and opportunity for growth for the contractor when it's a great fit! Also, our team discusses pay rates for contractors often and location (cost of living) is one of the many factors that already helps us determine each contractor's pay rate. Thank you for trusting that we want the very best for all of our contractors. Thankful that you're here!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Dream Job In Real Life

Aug 12, 2019 - Client Success Consultant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Have you ever started at a company and felt like just a number? Have you started and just had a binder thrown at you with information for "training"? Have you had a job where you sit back and think "What's the point of this company? What's the point of my actual job? Does it even matter"? I have. That all ended the day I started working at Belay. Actually, it ended before that! It ended during my interview process, before I even became a team member. This company has done an amazing job at actually making you understand WHY you're here, WHY the company exist, and the POINT of it all. The on boarding process is unmatched and the clear mission and values allow for you to understand that this company is so much bigger than ourselves. Thank you, Belay, for creating this culture that allows clients, contractors, and employees to thrive and flourish in their day to day lives.

Cons

That I didn't take the leap of faith and start sooner.

4 people found this review helpful

Recruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to share these words. We're so glad you took that leap of faith! BELAY on!

4. 5.0

Perfect Fit

Jan 31, 2020 - Virtual Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have loved working with Belay as a VA. The interview process was thorough and hit on every skill that I ended up needed as a VA. My very favorite part of Belay is the client matching. I have been matched with 3 clients who have all been perfectly amazing. Belay's partnership is top-notch and so very appreciated as I began this virtual work journey.

Cons

Getting used to working at home takes some adjustment after working in a "normal" office for 10 years, but the key is over-communication and time unplugged for self-leadership.

Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We're so glad you found value in the interview process and that the matching process has been successful for you. Thank you for serving our clients so well!

5. 4.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Great way to break into being a VA

Jan 16, 2020 - Virtual Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Their team consistently works to ensure Virtual Assistants and clients are matched up appropriately and then support both equally as the relationships develop. The company does a good job of providing VAs with resources to improve their skills and serve clients more effectively.

Cons

The interview process can seem daunting but stick with it. They are using that to help pair you with the right client later, so be honest and be yourself as it will pay off in the end. The rate of pay provided is a bit low compared with what they charge clients, but it's a great way to break into the VA business because of how much support they provide you to get started.

Recruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. Thank you for recognizing the value in our interview and matching process. We are so grateful for all that you do!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

An answer to prayer!

Jul 3, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working from home is a HUGE benefit. While it definitely isn’t for everyone, it has been such a huge blessing especially having a young family. The leadership genuinely cares about your wellbeing and trusts you to get your work done.

Cons

None! Don’t be scared away by the long interview process (and it is long!) it ensures that you will be joining a great company with great people.

Recruiter

Thank you! A longer interview process can be challenging for a variety of reasons, however, it's always worth it in the end when you (both the interviewee and employer) find the perfect match!

7. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Fantastic, supportive company that has your best interest in mind!

May 24, 2019 - Virtual Assistant in Knoxville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, supportive, willing to go the extra mile for their contractors and clients!

Cons

None, the interview process is selective, BUT that means they hire great people.

1 person found this review helpful

Recruiter

Thank you for these kind words! We're so glad you feel well-supported. We're glad you're here!

8. 5.0
      Current Contractor

virtual assistant

Sep 16, 2019 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great communication and clear directions

Cons

Lengthy interview process but I believe it allows them to find the best employees

Recruiter

Thank so much for this review! We're so glad you're here and part of the 3% of applicants who are STELLAR and excited to work with our amazing clients!

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Very good job

Jun 17, 2019 - Virtual Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pays very well and the staff is very good.

Cons

Very intensive interview process it takes too much.

Recruiter

Thank you for this feedback! Our Talent Acquisition team regularly reviews and tweaks our interview process in an effort to make it the best possible experience. If you have specific suggestions on how we could improve our interview process, please let us know.

10. 5.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Excellent for part time work from home opportunity

Oct 5, 2018 - Virtual Assistant in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

BELAY has a fantastic culture for being remote. The interview process was thorough, but good. I was quickly placed with my first client within 3 days, then my second within 3 weeks. I plan to contract with BELAY as long as it makes sense for my stage of life!

Cons

There is a cap on pay, but you know that beforehand, and there is also opportunity for your client to buy you out.

1 person found this review helpful