KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

BELAY

Engaged Employer

BELAY

Add a Review

BELAY Employee Reviews about "no benefits"

Updated Jan 15, 2021

Found 5 of over 232 reviews

4.3
BELAY CEO Tricia Sciortino
Tricia Sciortino
Pros
  • "Work from home, flexible schedule(in 29 reviews)

• "Leadership truly cares for us an individuals and for our clients and contractors(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The long interview process should be viewed as a pro, not a con(in 9 reviews)

• "No cons except for no benefits, but this is part of the business model and absolutely expected with a contractor position(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of BELAY and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "no benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Incredible company, incredible people!

Jan 15, 2021 - Virtual Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely helpful, kind, and hard-working management team. Everyone is SO nice.

Cons

No cons except for no benefits, but this is part of the business model and absolutely expected with a contractor position.

Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We are excited to hear that you have had such a warm and encouraging welcome. Our team is truly a great bunch! Thank you for all you do to serve well!

2. 2.0
      Former Employee

Even the training is worthless

Dec 19, 2020 - Virtual Executive Assistant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work with flexible hours, good for you just wanted a job.

Cons

No benefits offered, no employee support, even the training is worthless.

Recruiter

Thank you for leaving this review. We are sorry to hear that the BELAY opportunity was not the best fit for you. We work very hard to clearly communicate that all of our 1099 contract positions are not the same as W-2 employee positions. There are not traditional benefits that come with the 1099 role, and this is shared early on during the interview process, however, we passionately believe our contractors recognize and appreciate the incredible flexibility that comes with this position, and we are dedicated to encouraging all contractors to create the best "third option" that meets their needs. Additionally, while a company cannot legally offer training to a 1099 contractor, BELAY goes above and beyond to support our contractor community through our Contractor Portal which houses years' worth of helpful information, hosting regular webinars and open forums for our contractors, and creating an incredible online space where contractors can regularly interact with one another, ask questions, and offer each other encouragement. We are very proud of both our Contractor Services team as well as our Client Success Consultants who all work tirelessly to serve our contractor community and make their experience at BELAY the best possible. BELAY also launched a Virtual Assistant Master Class this past fall. Anyone who is interested in investing in her development as a dedicated VA will find the content to be incredibly rich and helpful. We sincerely wish you the best in finding an opportunity that best suits your needs.

3. 3.0
      Current Contractor, more than 3 years

Everything is great except for the pay.

May 13, 2020 - Virtual Executive Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

100% remote, client matching process works well, all jobs are vetted for you

Cons

My client pays $36 an hour for my services, Belay pays me $16 an hour. I live in a city where minimum wage is $15. This is especially ridiculous because after the matching process, Belay checks in every few weeks, and after the first 60 days, they check in every 3-6 months. Other than billing, they are literally doing nothing for my client/myself after the first month or two. Additionally, as a contracted worker, I receive no benefits.

Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We always encourage contractors to reach out to Contractor Services if you would like to discuss an increase in your pay rate. Each individual client and contractor is different, and needs vary greatly. We appreciate these ideas and feedback, and we appreciate all your hard work in serving our clients.

4. 4.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

It’s been interesting

Aug 7, 2019 - VA- Virtual Assistant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I feel like they are very committed to my success. You should understand there are employees of Belay and then contractors managed through Belay.

Cons

The process to getting contracted is excessive and even when you are contracted you still have to be matched with a client which is a process all in itself. This is a very time consuming process, so be prepared not to have income for some time. As a 1099 contractor you have no benefits and are self-employed in terms of taxes and income.

Recruiter

Thanks so much for this feedback! BELAY believes that nothing is sacred when it comes to "how" we do things, so we will sincerely take your suggestion into consideration. It's definitely tricky finding a process that scales well when working with so many people at once. Ultimately, we want everyone - clients and contractors alike - to feel valued. We love that we're able to provide the internal job board for contractors to access if they're ready to dive in and be an active participant in the process of finding that "perfect" client. If BELAY only cared about numbers, we could match everyone in a matter of days, but we also care about relationships and people, so we're careful and mindful of our matching process. We know that for our contractors that can cause some tension in the waiting, but we do our absolute best in the interview process to be transparent about the wait time that can be involved in being matched with a client. Be sure to take advantage of the job board so that you can be placed quickly! As for our interview process, it's unapologetically thorough. We can't find the best match for you or our clients if we don't get to know you through the process. We hope you find that perfect match soon! Please reach out to Contractor Services with any questions you have. We're happy to help!

5. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Best Job Ever!

Mar 28, 2018 - Virtual Assistant in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Belay is a wonderful Christain company. Every one if its employees truly care. They are fun, friendly and very understanding. They put a great deal of time and energy in matching the right contract worker to the right client. I quit a full-time job where I had been drowning in stress and for years and unable to be there for my young children. Belay was EXACTLY what I needed. They really do want you to put family first and work second. It is an amazing company. I wish I would have discovered them years ago!

Cons

Other than only being paid once a month, I have ZERO complaints! Just be aware that this is a 1099 contractor position so you have to pay quarterly income taxes and there are no benefits. As long as you know that going in, there are no cons!

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are thrilled to hear that you are able to benefit from working with us to obtain the balance that you needed for your personal and professional life. We appreciate your feedback!

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews