KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

BELAY

Engaged Employer

BELAY

Add a Review

BELAY Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Jan 14, 2021

Found 29 of over 232 reviews

4.3
BELAY CEO Tricia Sciortino
Tricia Sciortino
Pros
  • "Work from home, flexible schedule(in 29 reviews)

• "Leadership truly cares for us an individuals and for our clients and contractors(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The long interview process should be viewed as a pro, not a con(in 9 reviews)

• "No cons except for no benefits, but this is part of the business model and absolutely expected with a contractor position(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of BELAY and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Freelancer, more than 1 year

An Amazing Team w/ Great Leadership

Jan 14, 2021 - Web Specialist in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, work from home, great colleagues and leaders. Growth opportunity. Make an impact in individuals, businesses and communities.

Cons

No standard benefits since everyone is a contractor.

Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We are so grateful for the work you do. Thank you for this suggestion. We would love to know more. Please reach out to Contractor Services at contractorservices@belaysolutions.com and share with us which suppliers and organizations you would like for us to partner with. We would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again for all that you do!

2. 5.0
      Current Contractor

Great Company to Work With

Oct 23, 2020 - Virtual Assistant in Vista, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home/ anywhere, but always have the support of not only your team, but the whole company. They really are always on your side

Cons

No real cons, it is a great compant

Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We're so glad you've found a great place here at BELAY. Thank you for all of your hard work in helping our clients climb higher. Grateful for you!

3. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 3 years

Dream Career to be both "Boss Girl" and "Super Mom"

Jan 10, 2020 - Virtual Assistant in Columbia, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexibility to work from home - Choosing your own hours and availability - Company trainings and webinars provide career boosting skills - Amazing support from corporate: they work so hard to help you truly succeed! - Stability: yes, it's contract work, but I've been with my clients for over 2 years. They really seek out long-term, client engagements when placing their contractors. - Great company atmosphere and camaraderie

Cons

- There is a bit of lag time when waiting to be placed with your first client after being hired (anywhere from a week to a month and a half) - There's a learning curve when switching from a traditional job to being a 1099 contract worker (figuring out taxes, etc.) - No real "safety net" if a client decides they no longer want to continue working with you as an assistant or if they decide to cancel their contract with BELAY completely. Last year, I had a client cancel their contract in the middle of the month and I was without pay for the rest of the month until I was placed with a new client a few weeks later. You don't receive notice when client engagements end.

Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. These notes will be so helpful to anyone curious to know more about the contractor role. We're so glad you're here and that you've enjoyed your experience with BELAY. Thank you for serving your clients so well!

4. 3.0
      Current Contractor, more than 3 years

Great Work From Home Opportunity

Sep 16, 2020 - Virtual Assistant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is a true work from home position that allows you as the contractor to pick and choose how many clients you want to take on. Clients are great to work with and you will get great exposure to many different businesses.

Cons

Pay is OK but is better than any other virtual assistant job. They don't seem to value offering corporate positions to contractors.

Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We're so glad you've enjoyed working with our clients! Our pay remains competitive in our field and we do regularly reevaluate our pay range to ensure that we are fairly compensating our contractors. Also, we have several former BELAY contractors who currently serve on our corporate team including our very first VA who happens to now be the CEO. Thank you for all you do!

5. 2.0
      Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Getting too big

Jan 16, 2020 - Virtual Assistant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home. For the most part, depending on the executive, you set your schedule.

Cons

Once salary is set, there is never any increase. Getting a client can be tough because the company is always expanding and bringing in new talent. You are a 1099 contractor, so those months in-between clients, you are on your own money-wise. Even if they tell you to "be patient, we will contact you when we have a match." That still means, call us weekly to check-in. If you don't they'll cut you and might not even tell you that you've been let go.

Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. We're glad you enjoyed your time while you were here. We've had an internal job board for a few years open for all contractors to review and let our team know when they see a client they would like to work with, so it's unclear as to why you thought you needed to call in weekly for information regarding opportunities with clients. Our team works consistently and diligently to communicate with our incredible team of contractors daily. While we're not perfect, we sincerely try to treat everyone with great respect and care. We wish you the very best!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

BELAY is the best!

Jan 8, 2020 - Senior Acquisition and Partnership Strategist in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

An incredible company to work for who live out their core values daily. Always providing opportunities to learn and grow. Flexible work environment by working from home and trust is given to you from day 1. Everyone works as a team with a goal of of achieving our mission in everything we do! Not to mention everyone is really fun!

Cons

That I didn't find BELAY sooner!

Recruiter

Thank you for leaving this review. We agree that the BELAY culture is unlike any other and that we all wish we'd found it sooner. Thank you for all you do to support our team and clients!

7. 5.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Awesome organization with awesome clients!

Jan 16, 2020 - Virtual Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, flexible schedule. Work/life balance is fantastic. Thorough overview of clients. Professional all the way around.

Cons

None really, I couldn't be any happier.

Recruiter

Thank you for leaving this review. We will be sure to pass along your feedback to our team. We're so glad BELAY has been a great fit for you!

8. 2.0

Ended up being disappointing

Dec 3, 2019 - Virtual Assistant in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Somewhat flexible schedule and you can work from home.

Cons

The more experience you have, then the less likely you're needed, which I know sounds ironic, but hadn't noticed that before with any other company but this one. You're also required to have the same thought processes as they do and be under thirty, so it's a bit of a judgmental atmosphere. They play it safe and don't gamble on diverse talent. This won't be a company I'll remember after this in the end. Personally you're better off seeking better employment with company's that are more welcoming and open minded.

Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Our team of contractors is quite diverse varying in ages, experience, backgrounds, etc. and we love the variety and depth they all add to our incredible team. If you're still a contractor with us, we'd love for you to be an active participant in our community. Please let us know how we could be more welcoming and inclusive. We're always open to feedback and suggestions!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company, amazing culture

Jan 7, 2020 - Client Success Consultant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Work from home - Great flexibility - Great corporate team - Amazing company culture

Cons

- Not seeing coworkers in person every day due to virtual culture. However, have never felt closer to my coworkers as I actually WANT to see them and spend time with them

Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We're so glad you've found BELAY to be a great fit. We agree that we wish we could see each other in person more often. What a great problem to have! Thank you for serving your clients and contractors so well!

10. 5.0

Best Decision EVER!!!

Sep 19, 2019 - Virtual Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Belay takes all approved contractors and clients through an intensive matching process to ensure a positive working relationship. Belay WANTS contractors to be successful! -Flexible hours -Great pay for “work from home” roles -Lots of training and support from Contractor Services

Cons

The ONLY possible “con” I can think of is that since we are 1099 contractors, we are technically self-employed. As a result, we are responsible for our own quarterly taxes, health insurance, etc. But the pro’s outweigh this BY FAR!!!

Recruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review! We can't serve our amazing clients without incredible people like you, and we definitely want you to be successful. Be sure to reach out to your CSC or Contractor Services if you ever need anything! We're so glad you're here and that you love BELAY!!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Reviews