BG Products Reviews | Glassdoor

Darin Greseth

1. "Excellent Company"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Wichita, KS

I worked at BG Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company takes good care of its employees. The staff are some of the most talented in the industry...and those in leadership encourage growth and make others feel like part of the BG family.

Cons

None I can think of.

2. "Enjoyed it!"

Former Employee - SmartVMA Account Specialist/Menu Programmer in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - SmartVMA Account Specialist/Menu Programmer in Kirkland, WA

I worked at BG Products part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They provided excellent training and work shops including core value and motivation lectures. All members on the company were including in meetings and most training events so that everyone had some idea of all aspects of the business.

Cons

The division I worked for, Wagon Master Washington, went through a lot of structural changes during the five years I was there, which often led to a sense of job insecurity.

Advice to Management

Focus more and readying the individual for the specifics tasks and responsibities assigned to them. Make bonus structure understandable so as to be a better motivating force.

3. "Great company; a plea for help."

Current Employee - Senior in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Senior in Wichita, KS

I have been working at BG Products full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great wages, competitive compensation and profit sharing for all. Good insurance and great products. I enjoyed the first 10 or so years tremendously.

Cons

I have worked at BG for many years and have kept quiet for a long time. I have had a long career of success, and I am loyal to a company that has been so good to me for so long. Objectively, I simply wanted to encourage those board members who could make changes to seriously consider this as an open an honest assessment of the situation in the last 5 years or so.
      My seniority, location and position has allowed me to remain separate from a lot of what I have observed and know to be against what I thought was BG's good culture and reputation. No one would ever suspect me of speaking out because I have openly supported much of what I disagree with, as all of us must do, because BG has reached a point where the slightest criticism of some certain "inner-circle" individuals in management WILL result in termination. I know this because I have seen this first hand, multiple times. Internally we have become a company of rotten morals and ethics and this is contrary to what we founded this on.
      I have gone along with a lot of the "off the wall" directions I see given and see a lot of the egotistical two sided personalities in plant management. Religion is mocked and openly used as a means of self promotion for those who can get away with it, keeping bibles on their desks and using religion as a way to shame those with righteous indignation to get their way. I see the upper crust leadership buy into this and consume it.
      Going to the same church as the boss will get you a promotion, quoting bible verses at work will get you a raise, etc. Fake acts of "dedication" like sending out emails at night with your boss copied on them, blind copying your boss on emails with the intent to make others look bad, taking what people say out of context and using it against them, leaving your car parked in the parking lot the longest at night pretending to be working long hours are all phony acts of loyalty that are rewarded at BG Products now.
      We have sunk to a low, so low that honest accomplishment goes unrewarded and purposely suppressed and hidden by those who the employees call the "executives". They assume all the rewards to protect their inner-circle of self preservation and endless political motives to gain more influence. Many great people who have loyally devoted their careers to BG success have fallen victim to this racist and corrupt "Trojan Horse" like inner-circle who have their bosses duped into believing they are religious and morally superior elite leaders while making statements behind closed doors to the contrary and mocking the very bosses they pretend to adore. They are very careful to make sure they eliminate anyone who could challenge them or take credit for any accomplishments. Threats are used to ensure their direction is carried out and they have NO checks and balances in the company, no HR oversight, no company oversight, just blind support from ownership to carry out any form of revenge by a phony, posing religious fool.
      Its very disheartening to see minority's and women get passed over by obvious reasons. Seniority is not respected or observerd when it should be.
      You will notice that all of our photographs and articles that are published are carefully posed and edited professionally as to project a certain image, transparency is not permitted.
      This is very simply a plea for help on behalf of everyone at BG. I know people have spoken out only to be smeared, ruined and fired or resigned, so I must say this anonymously which will still be at great risk to my career.

"Salesman"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at BG Products full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great product. That's the only pro you can say about the Pittsburgh office. The more years you service the company the more he plans to get rid of you.

Cons

Being a sales job you have no freedom. Income is capped on territory. Down the road the owner will slowly take away commissions to put money in his pocket. Shady character I have had the disservice of working at BG Products in Pittsburgh. The Owner of the company will say one thing and do another. He tries to come across as a christian man and bashes everyone of his employees. Tries to write up phony contracts for everything just to change them later because he feels like it. Very unprofessional atmosphere. Very high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

What were they thinking putting someone in ownership/management who doesn't know how to manage people.

"Great Place to work - Solid business with great potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Pros

For a company this size (200 employees) is a very unusual find as the board and management foster the kind of atmosphere usually found in much smaller companies. Its never unusual to have the president stroll through and discuss how things are going, how your family is etc...

The Operations side is a one shift operation in two cities. The new facility is state of the art and a testament that shows how a company can look to the future. There have been some backward managers that have left but have been replaced with really great people and the change is really refreshing. This is a place where I hope to retire from - the outlook for this company is great! The work atmosphere here is full of opportunities - you essentially control your destiny with how far you want your career to go.

Cons

I haven't seen any of the horrible things left on other reviews - I've worked in 4 departments since 2008. There are no stand out cons to working here.

Advice to Management

Keep following the path forward!!

"Nice company poor board"

Former Employee - Sales in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Sales in Washington, DC

I worked at BG Products (More than a year)

Pros

Overall the company is fair and very good to it's employees.

Cons

The board of directors is controlled by a self-serving individual that uses his controlling interest to further personal gains.

Advice to Management

Combine shares and force him out.

"Highest Quality Automotive Chemical Products in World!"

I have been working at BG Products full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Innovative Automotive Chemical Product Company. Best In Class Products for all fluid systems in a vehicle. The results speak for themselves.

Cons

If you have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, good values, and can handle change (due to company growth) and the freedom to your work every day...No concerns.

Advice to Management

Keep Growing!!!

"Administrative Assistant"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Wichita, KS

Pros

The people there are what makes BG so enjoyable to work for. Kindness all around!
    The benefits were amazing!

Cons

They should treat each employee the same. If someone gets written up or fired for something someone else has done, it should be handled the same across the board.

Advice to Management

Keep the family atmosphere going. They need each other!

10. "BG Products - Best Company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Pros

BG has a family oriented culture that has a strong committment to employees. BG is a diamond in the ruff.

Cons

CEO/Board level management lacks forward thinking capability in certain areas that are critical to our future success and long term survival.

Advice to Management

Trust the leadership team to make the necessary decisions to manage the business needs and put in place key processes to manage effectively and allow employees to learn and grow.

11. "GREAT Place to Work"

Pros

BG is a company that goes out of their way to show that they care about the employees. Even though it has grown considerably since I started, it still feels like a family. Management and employees genuinely care. I'm grateful that I am a part of BG!

Cons

Any place that has people will have 'moments' of frustration. No complaints here!