BJSS Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Stuart Bullock
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "You will get to work on interesting projects for big clients" (in 7 reviews)

• "You get to work with some very good people, lots of expertise to pick up" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance also depends on the client, project, and project life-cycle stage" (in 4 reviews)

• "Long work hours if you're on client site, often with nightmarish commutes" (in 5 reviews)

"Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at BJSS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great office culture. The people here are great to work with and always willing to help out whenever you need it. BJSS also covers certification expenses. You learn a unique number of technologies based on the client you work for. Company lunches/outings are always fun. Very lenient/flexible starting hours!

Cons

Every now and then you are placed on the bench without working on a project so it gets boring during those times.

"Abuses employees"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at BJSS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a good direct boss who served as a mentor.

Cons

Expected to work overtime, overtime mon-thurs did not mean you could work less friday, no working from home, often didn't have work for me, but when they did they overworked me and the client who we directly worked with literally yelled at us on a daily basis, and sick days were discouraged (was once yelled at for taking a sick day). I also got harassed and when I reported it, HR told me that women just get that and should accept it.

Advice to Management

Overtime should not be the norm. Allow working from home. Allow sick days. Treat your employees like people. Get a new and better HR which respects women.

BJSS Response

Mar 13, 2018 – BJSS

Thank you for your feedback. I’m truly sorry that you didn’t enjoy your time at BJSS. I’m also sorry that it’s taken a few days for me to respond, but the points you’ve raised are serious, and I... More

"Great idea - terrible execution in the US"

Pros

great resume building experience with some great clients

Cons

The leadership trinity in NYC cannot sell, scope or deliver their way out of a wet paper bag. When they fail to deliver - and they frequently do, they blame their subordinates. Not one competent person in the mix and the UK leadership trusts their poor judgment to a fault.

Advice to Management

Fire the NYC leadership

BJSS Response

May 26, 2017 – BJSS

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry your time at BJSS was not as you’d have hoped. Our US office has grown each year and is a profitable business with a great reputation with its clients . We... More

4. "Automation Tester"

I have been working at BJSS full-time

Pros

Learn a lot of technologies

Cons

Fast Paced (only a con if you can't handle it)

"Excellent professional company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Leeds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Leeds, England (UK)

I have been working at BJSS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very professional and talented people
    Treat their staff as adults
    Very good premises
    Seek the views of their staff regularly
    Only apply process where genuinely needed
    Regular socials which are fantastic
    Solid IT infrastructure
    Excellent internal online systems
    Good people management
    Lots of cutting edge work
    Always moving forward
    Amazing client list
    Open to change
    They do agile very well indeed
    The clients love what BJSS deliver
    Written their own agile book
    Don’t tolerate disrespectful behaviour
    Very good ethical values

This company knows what works and what doesn’t and they understand that the basics need to be right before anything is built on that. This company is a true leader in its space - your career and knowledge will transcend to a whole new level if you join this company.

You’ll have opportunities to work on things you don’t have familiarity with.

The company is very good at buffering their staff from unreasonable client requests and they also ensure that customers deliver on their obligations also.

BJSS have impressed me very much recently in dealing with an issue that I had. It very much boosted my confidence in BJSS and proved to me clearly that they are genuinely considerate.

My manager and squad lead are wonderful people. Also the project manager and scrum lead I had on my last project were just absolutely fantastic. The dev team I worked with was second to none and the tech lead was one of the most experienced and logical people I have ever worked with.

Other companies should take note of how BJSS operate and learn some serious lessons. Some other consultancies and agencies are not a patch on BJSS.

Simply one of the best companies in the UK.

Cons

A lot of work is off site however BJSS are trying the balance the needs of their staff and clients and they are considerably improving in this area. Naturally working on client sites can also be fun and provide great experience so this is not a hard negative.

A little unclear how promotions are dealt with.

Sickness policy is a little too strict and creates a sense of nervousness should something unfortunate happen. The company does offer income protection however this doesn’t kick in quickly enough.

I don’t personally like the resource augmentation service, but I can of course understand why BJSS offer this to clients.

Advice to Management

Continue being excellent. You are a diamond in the rough. Perhaps look at the sickness policy to see if it can be less strict to improve the feeling of security. Be careful not to lose staff experiencing resource augmentation and avoid putting new joiners into client sites immediately - in order to ensure a feeling of connectedness with the company. You are definitely improving in this respect and I’m sure you will get there. My recent experience shows that you will.

6. "Good company to work with"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Pros

Lots of opportunities, chances to work on different sectors, always looking for innovation

Cons

Moving from client to client might be boring after a while

7. "Excellent company"

Current Employee - Delivery Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Delivery Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at BJSS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly company who really cares about it's employees

Cons

None that I can think of

8. "Excellent Company"

I have been working at BJSS full-time

Pros

Cutting Edge Technology , Great People

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

9. "Business review"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Leeds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Leeds, England (UK)

I have been working at BJSS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

quite dynamic and generally agile project management

Cons

Such a heavy focus on sprint commitments that sometimes you have to compromise quality to get stuff out of the door

"Some great people but it's too political and lack of honesty"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at BJSS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a large and growing company, with a lot of great/smart people to work with. I was inspired from some of the people I met during my time there. This includes the some of the directors.

Cons

My experience isn't great due to lack of transparency (their side), honesty and clarity. It's a very political company, based on how many people know you and like you. No matter how hard / smart you work.
    The company doesn't really care enough about their employees and so, they leave. It's growing fast and they are not able to control it.

Advice to Management

Be honest, less political and look after your staff.