BLAZE PR Reviews | Glassdoor

BLAZE PR Reviews

3.9
Matt Kovacs

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Cool, creative-driven agency"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at BLAZE PR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of challenges, experiences and opportunities. A lot of work perks and cool young environment. You learn on the job fast and get to work on awesome accounts and brands.

Cons

Don't always get to pick your accounts/clients. Teamwork can be intense at times but its all good.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster growth and uncover employees true passions. Everyone is hard working and the culture is great!

"Blaze is the real deal"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at BLAZE PR full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Location: ON the 3rd Street Promenade. We share a wall with the Apple store. It's awesome.

Benefits: 8+ PPO plans, 100% employee premium coverage for medical, dental and vision + parking, 401k, PTO.

Team: We have an amazing team, interns and full time people. Everyone brings their best, everyday. On top of the experience people bring to the table - we all genuinely like each other. The energy in the office is awesome.

Intern program: We get 100 - 150 resumes every single quarter, competing for 2 - 5 spots on our PAID internship team. Our internships renew in 3 month intervals so we've had times when everyone stays on and we don't have any spots available. It's incredibly competitive but we have some of the brightest and most insightful interns in the LA area.

Egoless leadership, egoless team: Everyone is in it together. Wins are shared and if there are experiences to learn from, we discuss them. Everyone is constantly looking to better themselves, the team and to elevate the company.

Cons

Parking: Santa Monica parking is a pain in general. We do have some parking right behind our office which is convenient but not without typical city parking issues. Fortunately the company covers parking for everyone, full time staff and intern team.

Work hard/play hard: This isn't a con - just a nod to the culture. It's not for everyone, and that's okay. Expectations are high but the resources are there for those who ask and grace is given to those who need it. Extensive hand holding just isn't part of our DNA.

Apr 29, 2016 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for the positive feedback - Blaze wouldn't be what it is without the dedication of our team.

"Rockin' in the Free World"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at BLAZE PR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful to feel part of the team and have been able to grow my skills and life choices. I have been able to spread my wings and become a leader to a group of individuals. I enjoy the work/life balance and the breadth of clients. Have learned a lot and looking forward to the future!

Cons

Fast paced and sometimes have to work at night or weekends, but that comes with PR territory. Can't bring dogs to work, but I get it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You've built a fine company and I enjoy all aspects of it.

Apr 29, 2016 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback! The dog policy is dictated by the owners of the building, but we'll definitely keep it in mind for the future because we love pups!

"Great Experience!"

Former Employee - PR Intern in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - PR Intern in Santa Monica, CA

Pros

Work with execs, great location, on your own experience

Cons

No parking stipend. That's it.

Apr 29, 2016 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. You will see from our other responses that we do cover parking for our employees and interns!

"Great times, good people"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at BLAZE PR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance, creative people, good overall culture

Cons

Because it's not a HUGE firm, sometimes people can get swamped with work, but people really do try to help each other when there's a lot to get done.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage your employees, especially the younger level staff who could always use a boost. Keep doing what you are doing and keep your staff motivated.

"AMAZING exposure as an intern!"

Former Intern - Intern in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Intern - Intern in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at BLAZE PR as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Interns are exposed to really amazing opportunities and are given meaningful work. You learn a lot and if you ask for it, can receive amazing mentorship from the team. Chelsea was an amazing intern supervisor and gave great feedback and interesting and exciting work.

Cons

Very small agency--means that a lot of work falls on you as an intern. You do not receive a ton of training initially, which can make this very stressful.

Interns are not paid very much--they are doing the work that a coordinator or AAE would be doing in a large agency but are paid a stipend.

Apr 24, 2015 – VP of Operations

Thank you for your input, Blaze is always looking for ways to improve and the feedback is important to our development as an agency. We view our interns as part of the team, and recognize that in... More

"Pros/ Cons"

I worked at BLAZE PR as an intern

Pros

If you step up and do what is asked of you well, they will give you a lot of responsibility. I left my internship feeling ready for an entry level PR job-- in a few short months I went from knowing nothing about maintaining client relationships to having a solid knowledge base and some solid media contacts.

Cons

The clients aren't that exciting. If you're looking for a "cool LA internship" where you get to go to help run exciting events and meet celebrities this probably isn't for you. Also, I've heard they let a lot of their account managers go which is a shame-- they were great mentors.

Advice to Management

I really don't have anything bad to say about their management skills-- everyone in upper management went out of their way to be nice to me even though I was an intern. They listened to what I had to say and even took my advice on several occasions.

Apr 29, 2016 – Marketing Manager

Thank you so much for your review. We haven't let account managers go in the last few years, so unfortunately we cannot speak to that. We added four new team members last year and are looking... More

"Media Relations Intern"

I worked at BLAZE PR as an intern

Pros

I guess that actually getting paid is a pro, but I know that BLAZE used to not pay interns anything and changed their policy because they were breaking labor laws and were scared of a lawsuit

Cons

Do not work here. It seems like the agency is on the verge of closing. While I was interning there the agency had to rent out part of their office to a start up because they couldn't afford the rent anymore.

Apr 29, 2016 – Marketing Manager

It is unfortunate that your experience was less than positive at Blaze, and we appreciate you taking time to provide feedback - but the information you've supplied is incorrect. Blaze has had a paid... More

"Media Relations Intern"

Pros

Great learning experience. Had the ability to staff many events. Made great connections with local and regional media and ended up with several pieces of coverage.

Cons

The working environment was very dull.

Apr 24, 2015 – VP of Operations

First, we want to thank you for taking time to provide feedback. We truly value our interns and much like our staff, our interns help shape company culture during their time with us, despite only... More