BMW Financial Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Ed Robinson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Plenty of PTO, Healthcare, 401k, Car Program (in 14 reviews)

• This company has Great benefits, schedules are sometimes difficult but they give you ample time off (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • It is a fancy call center in some parts of the building (in 7 reviews)

• If you're a temp there isn't a lot of opportunities for you to advance to be a full time BMW employee (in 6 reviews)

"Credit Underwriter Automotive West Region"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at BMW Financial Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Strong Health Care Benefits. Good PTO. Work / Life Flexible. Car Program. Cafeteria.

Cons

Pay is not as competitive, but overall benefits help. Who you know and how you are perceived is critical.

Advice to Management

Increase in pay. Reward the most dedicated and loyal workforce.

2. "Case Manager"

Former Employee - Case Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at BMW Financial Services (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of time to bond with co-workers
    Employee Car Program

Cons

Call center environment
    High Turnover rate

Advice to Management

More training on how to handle irate customers

3. "Great Car!"

I worked at BMW Financial Services full-time

Pros

Benefits, car program, and cafeteria.

Cons

Ability to move up corp ladder. Diversity in the top ranks.

Advice to Management

Diversify upper management. You're a gobal brand, make sure all people in each country is represented in upper management.

4. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Lease End Advocate in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Lease End Advocate in Columbus, OH

I have been working at BMW Financial Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team leads and employees are awesome! Nice cafe, doctor office in sight, PTO is amazing, car program rocks and there are endless opportunities!

Cons

The hours can suck. 9a-9p. But only mon-Friday for most departments. HR communication sometimes lacks as well. Customers can be rude

Advice to Management

Communication is key.

5. "Cool Car, but That's About It"

I worked at BMW Financial Services full-time

Pros

Company Car Program
    People
    There is honestly nothing else positive I can think of.

Cons

Terrible pay
    Very hard to move up in the company
    Management clearly does not care about its employees
    Expect you to work overtime and put your job above everything else

"Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Hilliard, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Hilliard, OH

I worked at BMW Financial Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good for resume I guess. At least the 'Financial Services" part of BMW.

Cons

Where do I start? This position is a joke. The customer service position is the backbone of this whole company and is expected to run the show and do everything and is well underpaid. It takes a year to get hired on if you are lucky and suck up to management. Most other positions within the company really do nothing and it's pulling teeth to get them to do their job. No one wants to speak with a customer and we are expected to give them correct answers and results with no immediate advice. The other departments who specialize in their specific departments never answer their phones and the customers expect answers immediately and if they don't get them, they give negative reviews on your "scorecard". You will get "SAGE" which is call review "randomly" supposedly, but will fail calls for not advising the customer of the smallest and most insignificant things that they could care less about and we have no idea as to what most of the things are that will make you fail a SAGED call until you learn from failing over months of time. You have to follow-up with customers on everything, but it kills your scorecard to do so, which is how you get hired on and get a small raise. Way to much is expected to earn less than 30k. This is the most difficult position within the company by far and you have to handle calls for every possible situation that a customer would call in for and management couldn't even handle most of these calls correctly and won't give you all the information you need so that you won't fail a SAGED call because they don't even know all of the many different ways. You have to listen to other reps on ways they failed calls because everything is not listed in their SOP handout on ways to fail calls. You feel like you cannot even speak normally, due to walking on pins and needles as to whether or not you said anything to fail a call or if you said everything that needed to be said to not fail a call. Customers get tired of hearing you talk so you can get everything out that you have to cover so you don't fail a call. They say "I don't care about all of the other things you are telling me, are you done yet, just answer my question" and when you have to call other depts. to get a correct answer you are on hold forever, which kills your scorecard and you still don't get a correct answer because they usually don't know either, honestly, and they just redirect you to yet another dept to ask them. It's a wild goose chase non-stop. Way under paid for such an important and extensive role from a muti-billion dollar company. This is an account manager position disguised as a customer service. This position is the most difficult, annoying, and under paid position within the company and will take you a at least a year to get hired on if you are perfect in all aspects. They hire on about 1 person a month out of about 50 temps waiting a year for a position. They will flat out tell you that you need to smooze management more in order to get offered a position, even if you have perfect attendance and a great scorecard, which is the only thing that should matter and the scorecard is subject to any and every customer who gets automatically sent an email after any time they call for a review and let's face it, you will never make everyone happy, especially when they want out of their contract. There is a massive turnover due to being underpaid and the responsibility that is expected, coupled with failing calls from SAGE for the stupidest reasons that no one can give you a SOP of everything that will be included to make you fail a call. Very much expected for little pay.

Advice to Management

You do nothing all day except have your little meetings and have one-on-one coaching meetings (which is a joke) and couldn't do our job if you had to. Please give reps a "complete" SAGE list of things that we can fail a call for. If it's not on the list, how can we be expected to know it, except from rumor or to learn from failing hundreds of different ways. Pay us what we deserve and we won't quit like everyone else. Quit asking us temps for ideas on how to improve the business because you don't have a clue as to what really goes on and what we go through. Learn the business yourself, you're management of a multi-billion dollar company. Why would I tell you all of the many different flaws, mistakes, errors in the operation when you pay me less than 30k a year. Really, here's an idea, learn the business yourself. Help us make more money and operate the business correctly for a multi-billion dollar business because we don't have a clue what goes on ourselves and our customer service reps do everything for less than 30k. Hire good reps while you can before they move on. We will not wait a year doing that job for less than 30k. Make other depts. be accountable to actually answer their phones and do their job. Only we get held accountable for doing things timely and correctly. Every other dept, except customer relations can do what they want, when they want with no accountability because they have been there for many, many years and kiss up. Your loss, muli-billion dollar company. One good rep at a time. Must be nice to walk around all day and talk and go to "meetings". We are the only dept that cannot walk away. Unless it's a scheduled break, you are on the phones. Meanwhile, every other dept can walk around with no real accountability. Make them have a scorecard. Yeah, right! They are in the CLICK. Joke

7. "HR & Admin Manager"

I worked at BMW Financial Services full-time

Pros

Great Place to work at

Cons

A bit tied to HQnorms

Advice to Management

Well Done

8. "Lease end"

I worked at BMW Financial Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has Great benefits, schedules are sometimes difficult but they give you ample time off.

Cons

This position is very micro managed, low pay

9. "Wholesale Specialist"

I worked at BMW Financial Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great Environment
    - Great Team
    - Tons of learning opportunities

Cons

- Nothing that would really stick out as a negative experience

Advice to Management

Keep working with your teams, you've developed a great environment to succeed!

10. "Lease Loyalty Advocate"

Current Employee - Lease Loyalty Advocate in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Lease Loyalty Advocate in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at BMW Financial Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of PTO, Healthcare, 401k, Car Program

Cons

The job can be strenuous at times.