BNP Media Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Harper Henderson, Mitchell Henderson & Taggart Henderson

Pros
  • Great work/personal life balance, friendly staff, work your way benefits (in 13 reviews)

• Flexible hours and the opportunity to work from home (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Your Way policy means work all the time (in 5 reviews)

• The person tasked with training me gave me little to no help at all (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great workplace to pursue longtime career"

I have been working at BNP Media full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Positive and supportive work environment where innovative ideas are welcome. Hard work and dedication is recognized. Think big picture to make the most out of a role and you will see growth. Many opportunities to learn, especially in the digital space. Excellent outlook on work-life balance.

Cons

Compensation can start on the low end, but benefits are good.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote company culture and collaborative in-office activities.

2. "Sales Strategist"

Former Employee - Sales Strategist in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Strategist in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at BNP Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent Management, invest in the best tools for solving customers needs, anticipate trends in the market and get ahead of them. Loyalty to their employees.

Cons

I have nothing but good things to say about BNP Media

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

3. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Director in Troy, MI

I have been working at BNP Media full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Supportive and flexible work environment, results driven, forward thinking and willing to make necessary changes to stay relevant in B2B. Excellent company provided benefits (Health care, 401k, dental, vision, etc.).

Cons

Starting pay can be somewhat challenging. Focus on providing results and making an impact in order to be recognized and rewarded.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Continue to support Managers and Directors in working directly with their staff and teams to keep the growth going!

"Online Events Coordinator"

Former Employee - Online Events Coordinator in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Online Events Coordinator in Troy, MI

I worked at BNP Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours and the opportunity to work from home

Cons

Low pay and little to no opportunity for career advancement

Mar 4, 2017 – co-CEO

We hear you and we are working hard to create more upward mobility opportunities for our high performers. Roughly 10% of our staff has had a promotion within the past 12 months. Thank you for your ... More

"Had to leave"

Former Employee - Media Buyer in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Media Buyer in Troy, MI

I worked at BNP Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice PTO, nice people, vacation policy and benefits

Cons

Salary and too much to do for too little pay.

"Depressing"

I worked at BNP Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work your way. Good entry level where you don't expect much.

Cons

Depressing, drone like environment. Personality is non existent.

Advice to Management

Interaction not condescension.

Feb 26, 2017 – co-CEO

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience while working here at BNP Media. Since the results of our most recent Employee Experience survey, we have introduced several new activities for ... More

"Forward-thinking company that offers professional growth and work/life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clinton Township, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clinton Township, MI

I have been working at BNP Media full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company is very forward thinking and is always willing to be innovative in the B2B market. Each position within the company is what you make of it-- growth opportunities are not always obvious but are always present to those that put in the effort. Changing landscapes of media offers many opportunities to learn and develop new skills. Company almost always promotes from within. Excellent work/life balance and flexibility.

Cons

Communication as a whole could be improved. Compensation can be on the low side of average.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward, open lines of communication and invest in things that will make a difference.

"I would never work there again"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I worked at BNP Media (More than a year)

Pros

There aren't many pros to working at BNP Media. You get a paycheck.

Cons

BNP was the worst place to work. My boss hardly very came in, she was a terrible boss, she only cared about herself, and was would quickly through people under the bus just to not get in trouble. The company completely lacks any leadership training and it is very obvious. No one knows how to successfully lead anyone. The culture sucks. No one cares or talks to each other. Hardly anyone knows anyone else that works there. I would never recommend anyone apply here.

Advice to Management

You need a complete overhaul. Leadership training, create some culture, pay people more, everything.

Feb 27, 2017 – co-CEO

Thank you for your review of your employment experience here at BNP Media. One of the core strengths here at BNP Media is "working your way". While not for everyone, it allows professionals to ... More

"Uninspired, old-school workplace"

Former Employee - Managing Editor in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Managing Editor in Chicago, IL

I worked at BNP Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work/ life balance. The work your way program is great and gives you a lot of flexibility.

Work from home option.

If you stick around long enough you can move up.

This job is great for Moms.

Cons

-Completely behind the times in terms of social media and online marketing. They aren't doing anything to better themselves online and do not want to hear any opinions about how to get better. Completely unaware of best social media practices and don't seem to care about growing their business.

-Incredibly boring content with only a couple editors that care to try and make it interesting.

-Management treats young employees poorly. Does not value them. Young employees come in and out quickly for good reasons.

-If you're a millennial DO NOT WORK HERE. Go work somewhere where you can actually learn and grow and be inspired.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. Get an entirely new social media department full of people that actually know what they're doing.

"Great place for driven individuals with strong career goals that desire balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at BNP Media full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible work/life environment that provides opportunities for individuals that are ready to step up and make a difference. Culture empowers individuals to make decisions and take action to improve their life, the work place environment, and the client experience. Great benefits all around (healthcare, 401K, time flexibility, training, and more.)

Cons

Culture requires people to be 100% accountable for their time and actions. This can be difficult when trying to balance work and personal challenges. Those that do manage manage their time effectively are often given additional responsibility while others do not receive additional tasks. Depending on perspective additional opportunities/tasks may be viewed positively or negatively. While viewed as a "con" by many from a career growth perspective it can be a large "pro" for those with strong career goals and focus.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate, empower and train employees. Recognize the true doers and leaders and reward their performance. Continually look to upgrade talent as new positions open.

Mar 2, 2017 – co-CEO

Thank you very much for your review! Please stop by the co-CEO's office so we can thank you for all you do for us, and for our customers!