BNSF Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
BNSF Logistics President Dan Curtis
Dan Curtis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "They truly live by their values and create a great work environment" (in 8 reviews)

• "Great work/life balance and the company really cares about the employees and their well being" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Truly great company!"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at BNSF Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team environment with really strong leaders. Anytime I had an idea or solution to a problem, my voice was heard. Upper management truly cares about the employees and will do what it takes to make the work enviroment comfortable for everyone. Probably one of the best companies I've ever worked for.

Cons

No cons. I had to leave BNSFL because my husband got a new job and we had to move to a different state. Would go back there in a heartbeat!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Jan 30, 2018 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled you shared your experience with the Glassdoor community and just love that your time here was everything we strive for it to... More

2. "Great Place to work"

I have been working at BNSF Logistics full-time

Pros

The company really cares about their employees and want to see you move up in the company to grow.

Cons

Office layout is a little weird with the desks so open, but not really a big deal

3. "Account Manager"

I have been working at BNSF Logistics full-time

Pros

friendly people good team to work with

Cons

not a lot of room to get promoted.

"Companies stressing how diverse they are...aren’t!"

I worked at BNSF Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance, some of the people, some of the locations.

Cons

Some of the HR department members are completely incompetent. The company consistently touts how diverse and inclusive they are. However, the board of leadership is eleven white people, one of whom Is a woman. Of all the director levels, only three are women. The company has a disturbing pattern of discriminating against women, ethnic minorities and sexuality. The HR team has no understanding of how to deal with non white, non male, non Christian points of view. It makes for a very hostile work environment. However, if you are a country, white, straight, Christian man who can play the system...then this might be perfect for you.

"Transportation Assistant"

I have been working at BNSF Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cons

there are major clicks an if you aren't in the click they push you out the door with everything they can and very petty behavior in the work place. Often times then not they make you feel unwelcome.

6. "Account Manager"

I have been working at BNSF Logistics full-time

Pros

Uncapped commission, high earning potential

Cons

Low base, always on the clock

7. "Great Place to work and grow"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springdale, AR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springdale, AR

I worked at BNSF Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are very flexible and caring

Cons

Wasn't able to move into different positions

Jun 11, 2018 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We value all feedback and appreciate your input. We will make sure to share all of your comments with the executive team and we are extremely pleased... More

8. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at BNSF Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not many. - Do not see the value of a diverse workforce with experience to bring to the table.

Cons

Limited opportunities for female workers. As a female if you bring in opportunities you are told you can not handle the opportunity and loose the customer to another worker.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone equally. When you get a sales person that can bring in large accounts and place in the top three within ninety days of employment, recognize it and embrace it.

Jun 5, 2018 – Corporate Recruiter

We are extremely sorry to hear your experience was less than positive. Nonetheless we thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review as we are always looking for ways to improve, and your... More

9. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at BNSF Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people here, decent management, great flexible schedule. they promote work/life balance, there's a diversity and inclusion committee that is run by the employees which is pretty cool and gives women and minorities a voice as well as a seat at the table. there's opportunity to be involved in the way things are being run with an internal communication tool. it really is a great place to work and be a part of. Pay and incentives are really good (and I've read some of the other reviews- those complaining are probably not that good at their jobs).

Cons

i think it's a really hard industry, but that's why they have such good benefits and a good company culture. other than that, the pros way outweigh the cons. i've worked in some dreadful places, this is not one of them.

Advice to Management

i think with the growth that's going on you'll be able to really focus on promoting from within and making more opportunities. I'm really excited to see what happens.

Jan 30, 2018 – Corporate Recruiter

We love that you love the people that we love :) and thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate that you've outlined so many great things about the company and that you... More

10. "Account Manager III"

I have been working at BNSF Logistics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great financial and brand name to assist us when working with customer. Flexible work schedule to allow you to balance work & family, even though some take advantage. Limitless opportunities to grow if you have time to perform your job.

Cons

New incentive program hurt many people by 10,000-25,000 dollars straight off the top. They only ones who benefited where the people that had accounts to support the new structure & had the assistance of management & corporate. All others were hurt drastically. I guess someone had to pay for all the new VP's and corporate big wigs that were hired, because the people busting it each and every day, working from home, etc. were shown no concern at all. I have lost money for the past 4 years, almost 1/2 of my pay from 5 years ago and I have been with the company longer than most. The new hires walk in with everything handed to them, including a salary we wouldn't had dreamed of, while we are trying to live and pay bills daily. It's not for the lack of trying or working as I have developed more and more opportunities and customers, but don't have the people to cover the shipments to win the customers.

Additionally, if you want to advance the only option is to move to corporate, there is no advancement at the office level. People with families cannot just up & move.

Advice to Management

Give the account managers and the transportation groups their "incentive" back that you took away from them as this "great opportunity". Allow the AM's to do their jobs and have the support staff to handle the data entry, scheduling, etc. so we can actually talk with and build our customers.

Jan 30, 2018 – Corporate Recruiter

First, we appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments, and acknowledge that we do all we can to ensure all employees have a good work/life balance. We understand it’s a tough industry and... More