BNSF Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
BNSF Logistics President Dan Curtis
Dan Curtis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "They truly live by their values and create a great work environment" (in 8 reviews)

• "Great work/life balance and the company really cares about the employees and their well being" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to work"

I have been working at BNSF Logistics full-time

Pros

The company really cares about their employees and want to see you move up in the company to grow.

Cons

Office layout is a little weird with the desks so open, but not really a big deal

2. "It depends on where you are working"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at BNSF Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has core values and one of them is the care of their employees. I feel like they do make you feel like a part of the family whenever you need something from the corporate office in Springdale.

Cons

Working at the corporate office or maybe another branch location would have been a much better fit. Unfortunately the new branch I was in did not work out mainly due to lack of leadership and an unprofessional branch manager. I hope new people that get hired there do not have to experience the same things that I went through.

Jan 21, 2019 – Corporate Recruiter

We are extremely sorry to hear your experience was less than positive. Nonetheless we thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review as we are always looking for ways to improve, and your... More

3. "Account Manager"

I have been working at BNSF Logistics full-time

Pros

friendly people good team to work with

Cons

not a lot of room to get promoted.

4. "Micromanagement Practices"

Former Employee - Client Services Specialist in Springdale, AR
    Former Employee - Client Services Specialist in Springdale, AR

I worked at BNSF Logistics (Less than a year)

Pros

I was fortunate to meet some great people in my coworkers.
    Company is owned by Berkshire Hathaway - Warren Buffett.

Cons

Micromanagement - my emails were monitored for two months. The manager was added to my email account and monitored all incoming and outgoing emails messages. I would regularly receive emails questioning my use of words or phrases in emails I sent to my customers. I have been an accounts receivable manager and credit and collections manager for more than ten years. I have excellent written and verbal skills as I have been told by previous managers and co-workers in prior positions. I have never had my emails monitored in any of my prior positions. Micromanagement makes the individual feel less-than-competent, leads to inefficiency, and does not lead to individual empowerment, thereby creating an employee that may not be as productive as they could be, and may not reach their full potential.

Further, if an employee has a large workload and tells management they are having some difficulty addressing all of it, management does not work with the employee. They are simply advised to keep moving forward.

Favoritism – I witnessed, on a regular basis, management engaging in casual conversation with (some) employees and not others. I witnessed the manager casually chatting often with the male employees and not with female employees.

Doctor appointments were not easy to manage. Management advises you need to give (at least) two weeks notice for an appointment. Leaving to see a doctor when you are sick is not favored.

Advice to Management

STOP micromanagement practices. Studies have shown that it is detrimental to the growth and productivity of the employee. When an individual (or team) is being micromanaged they may never reach their full potential. I believe that acting managers should be monitored to ensure they are developing their employees efficiently and not in an ineffective manner. Being a manager is not defined by directing and telling your employees what to do. Being a manager means you are being entrusted with working alongside your employees so you can assist them in reaching their full potential to be a valuable contributor to your team and to the company.

AND, place individuals in management positions that are truly dedicated to developing their team in a professional and productive manner with company goals in mind.

Jan 28, 2019 – Corporate Recruiter

We are extremely sorry to hear your experience was negative. Nonetheless we thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review as we are always looking for ways to improve, and your input is... More

"Companies stressing how diverse they are...aren’t!"

I worked at BNSF Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance, some of the people, some of the locations.

Cons

Some of the HR department members are completely incompetent. The company consistently touts how diverse and inclusive they are. However, the board of leadership is eleven white people, one of whom Is a woman. Of all the director levels, only three are women. The company has a disturbing pattern of discriminating against women, ethnic minorities and sexuality. The HR team has no understanding of how to deal with non white, non male, non Christian points of view. It makes for a very hostile work environment. However, if you are a country, white, straight, Christian man who can play the system...then this might be perfect for you.

"Transportation Assistant"

I have been working at BNSF Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cons

there are major clicks an if you aren't in the click they push you out the door with everything they can and very petty behavior in the work place. Often times then not they make you feel unwelcome.

7. "Account Manager"

I have been working at BNSF Logistics full-time

Pros

Uncapped commission, high earning potential

Cons

Low base, always on the clock

8. "Great Place to work and grow"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springdale, AR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springdale, AR

I worked at BNSF Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are very flexible and caring

Cons

Wasn't able to move into different positions

Jun 11, 2018 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We value all feedback and appreciate your input. We will make sure to share all of your comments with the executive team and we are extremely pleased... More

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at BNSF Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not many. - Do not see the value of a diverse workforce with experience to bring to the table.

Cons

Limited opportunities for female workers. As a female if you bring in opportunities you are told you can not handle the opportunity and loose the customer to another worker.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone equally. When you get a sales person that can bring in large accounts and place in the top three within ninety days of employment, recognize it and embrace it.

Jun 5, 2018 – Corporate Recruiter

"A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at BNSF Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people here, decent management, great flexible schedule. they promote work/life balance, there's a diversity and inclusion committee that is run by the employees which is pretty cool and gives women and minorities a voice as well as a seat at the table. there's opportunity to be involved in the way things are being run with an internal communication tool. it really is a great place to work and be a part of. Pay and incentives are really good (and I've read some of the other reviews- those complaining are probably not that good at their jobs).

Cons

i think it's a really hard industry, but that's why they have such good benefits and a good company culture. other than that, the pros way outweigh the cons. i've worked in some dreadful places, this is not one of them.

Advice to Management

i think with the growth that's going on you'll be able to really focus on promoting from within and making more opportunities. I'm really excited to see what happens.

Jan 30, 2018 – Corporate Recruiter

We love that you love the people that we love :) and thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate that you've outlined so many great things about the company and that you... More