What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The pay is good for a blue collar job but it hasn't been worth it for quite a while." (in 371 reviews)
- "Pay is ok; good benefits" (in 291 reviews)
- "Great retirement and health insurance" (in 87 reviews)
- "The people here are great and provide good mentoring." (in 61 reviews)
- "Good money but not near keeping up with inflation or even remotely worth what you sacrifice and lose while working there" (in 57 reviews)
- "Poor Management Bad union Benefits declining Raises not keeping up with inflation" (in 118 reviews)
- "No work life balance and you better not go over your availability or you will be sent straight to investigation." (in 106 reviews)
- "with their families and their is very little thought or willingness to accommodate this kind of time off." (in 79 reviews)
- "Long hours (heavy reliance on legacy of railroad employees working all the livelong day)." (in 45 reviews)
- "No schedule and trying to fire everyone" (in 32 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of BNSF Railway and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 815 of over 2K reviews
Updated Sep 25, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "good pay"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0Jun 22, 2023Signal MaintainerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLos Lunas, NM
Benefits are good and railroad retirement is top tier if you can live long enough to enjoy it. Pay is good as well but the taxes and recently more expensive union dues offset it.
Company has not back-filled on hiring since COVID. We are severely under staffed and the hiring process takes months but after classes and qualifying for about 2 years, you better pray you have seniority to work where you want. We are years behind on hiring to say the least to get most spots filled. The reward for sticking around is becoming less and less appealing. Also, your on call pretty much 24/7. You get 2 weekends a month but that was recently taken from me too. You have NO LIFE on this job. You make enough to stick around for a while, but never enough to get over the hump.3
- 4.0Jul 17, 2017ConductorFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsFort Worth, TX
Union and good pay. Benefits package is very good here too. Once you have enough seniority jobs and schedule become alot better.
Way too top heavy in management. On call 24/7. Never know when your going to get furloughed if you're younger in seniority.2