BNY Mellon Reviews in Nashville, TN | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
BNY Mellon Chairman, President and CEO Gerald Hassell
Gerald Hassell

Cons

1. "Summer Technology Program"

Former Employee - Summer Technology Intern in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Summer Technology Intern in Nashville, TN

I worked at BNY Mellon (Less than a year)

Pros

They really care about my development. High paying for a summer internship. Everybody that I worked with was extremely helpful and kind.

Cons

I didn't feel like I accomplished a significant amount. Also, some of the intern programming seemed a little irrelevant. I would have appreciated additional training and a more challenging project.

2. "I got lucky"

Former Intern - Software Developer Intern in Nashville, TN
    Former Intern - Software Developer Intern in Nashville, TN

I worked at BNY Mellon as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I had an amazing mentor, worked on a really cool project, and learned a lot. Everyone at the office was really nice and willing to help out. I was given a lot a freedom on my project.

Cons

BNY Mellon is behind the curve technology wise. I knew more about coding than most people at the office. Other interns did not have much to do.

Advice to Management

Pay more

"Started my Career"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tons of opportunities all over the world. Exposure to big business strategies, cutting edge technology, education assistance, good benefits, and international experience.

BNY Mellon was my school so to speak. I broke into the management game here, learned tons, was given opportunities to challenge mindsets, and introduce new ideas.

I was lucky enough to find a company that brought me on board with almost virtually no experience. I worked hard, smart, and networked smart. I was able to excel and grow as a professional.

Cons

The dollar rules all. There isn't as much investment in staff as I think is appropriate, and the executive management teams are very much old school New York. During my tenure, I saw years where raises and bonuses were frozen. In some of the firm's low cost markets, pay was exceptionally low, it was very difficult for me to hire High Caliber employees at the pay ranges we offered.

Advice to Management

Re-Think how much you want to invest in your work force in low cost markets. It was the driving factor in why I left, and I know others have left for similar reasons. Re-Evaluate the return on investments when it comes to your employees. Happy employees will always outperform their unhappy peers.

"Not For Me"

Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Nashville, TN

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very friendly colleagues, as you would expect to find in any work environment. The pay wasn't terrible.

Cons

Very busy, micro-managed, very corporate environment, "supervisors" are very good at telling people what to do while seemingly not doing much.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees complaints, work with your employees needs.

"Systems Specialist"

Current Employee - Systems Specialist in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Systems Specialist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

401k, Medical, Leading Technology, exciting projects.

Cons

60 plus hours per week is expected in some areas. Weekend work of 12 hours per day is common. Reprisal for noncompliance. Promotions, raises and bonus is not based on merit. Constant required meetings creates low productivity and which leads to long work hours.

Advice to Management

Motivation and moral issues need to be addressed. Stop brow beatings and intimidation tactics.

Showing 5 of 3,092 reviews