Found 10,379 of over 12K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good work life balance so you can manage your professional and personal life together very good" (in 934 reviews)
- "People were great and i enjoyed that no one had any egos when it came to assignments at hand." (in 688 reviews)
- "Provides good benefits and very flexible when it comes to handling personal matters outside of work." (in 657 reviews)
- "Culture is good and diversity" (in 263 reviews)
- "Work culture was good and flexible" (in 224 reviews)
- "Low pay and top to bottom mentality" (in 512 reviews)
- "Management (for the most part) has poor communication and does not know how to manage without micromanaging." (in 491 reviews)
- "salaries can be low and untransparent." (in 345 reviews)
- "Top level managers have no clue what is going on in the day to day running" (in 235 reviews)
- "Force ranking and frequent layoffs." (in 165 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of BNY Mellon and is not affected by filters.
- 3.0Nov 29, 2023Transfer Agency ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsDublin, Dublin
Ability to progress through ranks Work life balance for most Benefits for family very good
Old systems Reluctance to change Pay across multiple grades not very competitive to industry
- 1.0Nov 29, 2023Senior Analyst Corporate ActionsFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsManchester City Centre, England
Honestly cannot think of any pros aside from relatively secure employment
Poor work/life balance Remuneration doesn't match expected workloads Unpaid overtime is expected on a near daily basis
- 4.0Nov 28, 2023Application ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsChennai
Very invested in mental health, diversity and continuous learning for employees
Cons is mostly based on the manager you land o
- 4.0Nov 27, 2023DirectorFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsJersey City, NJ
Company provided flexible work arrangements and opportunities to advance.
Annual review process required managers to force rank employees into underperforming category which impacted employee morale.1
BNY Mellon Reviews FAQs
BNY Mellon has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 11,588 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at BNY Mellon to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
66% of BNY Mellon employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated BNY Mellon 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.