KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

BOLD

Engaged Employer

BOLD

Add a Review

BOLD Employee Reviews about "bold"

Updated Nov 29, 2021

Found 14 of over 342 reviews

4.0
BOLD Co-CEOs Doug Jackson and Jamie Freundlich
Doug Jackson and Jamie Freundlich

What people are saying about BOLD

Join the conversation on

Single & Ready to Mingle

3d

a

Senior Associate

Been dating an accountant and I wish he liked to have more S E X cuz I need it like once or twice a day. Im lucky if I get it twice spending Friday-Sunday at his house. The struggle. Oh was that bold? Woops.

7 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "bold"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Employees 1st!

Oct 28, 2016 -  in Guaynabo, PR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bold is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. For starters the perks are awesome. Catered meals at least once a week, great outings like the catamaran trip, unlimited PTO, delicious snack stocked in the kitchen just to name a few. You can definitely feel the sense of 'we care about you'. This company is not looking to drain you dry and throw you to the wolves. They want to make sure you are happy and taken care of. Company culture is a priority for BOLD, which makes everyone perform at their highest level and in great attitude. The opportunity for growth is also a win for BOLD. If you deserve the promotion, you will receive it, even before a year time, just make sure you make a case for it. So many good things to say about BOLD. I am fortunate to be apart of such a great company.

Cons

I know they say nothing can be perfect and as humans this is true. Honestly the only con I can say is maybe we need another water machine in the kitchen, but we are under construction so we will be getting a much bigger space soon. Frivolous. To anything that has directly effected me, I have no cons

ExCom Member

Employees first is right! We want to transform work lives starting with ourselves! Hydration is important so yes, we will look at adding another water machine! We are thrilled to hear your positive feedback and that you feel happy and taken care of.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee

Review

Jan 29, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can earn 40% to 50% premium salary with excellent work life balance.Nobody know, why we are keepon adding headcounts as there is no new product any business growth to justify increase of headcount a by150 to 200. You can get free cab exceptionally in general shift i.e. 8.30 am to 5.30pm. Free food and snacks.

Cons

There is a very limited scope to grow within such small company and it will not be easy to get the next job outside as you are getting premium salary and no body knows BOLD in the market. For senior people this is not a good place .This is a closely held Company ( Lala Company) where few people take all the decisions so if you are not in good books of such people you will not be able to sustain. You can check how many directors have left the company in last three years.I will suggest before joining any senior position do proper inquiry.You can ask questions to HR and can connect with the person last holding the position on LinkedIn to take informed decision.

7 people found this review helpful

Senior Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you for your feedback!

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great to gain experience

Jun 22, 2021 - Designer in Lisbon, Lisbon
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working as a consultant is great to try different things and gain traction professionally. I really enjoyed the opportunities that BOLD offered and all the team events. The managers are always there to help and listen to you and your concerns.

Cons

Working in a client, far from the headquarters, can sometimes make you feel like an outsider. If you don’t need the connection with the company, then you’re ok. One thing to look out for is how they “sell” you to the client. Sometimes the expectation management is not the best where you end up being in a situation where there might be a mismatch between your skills and the clients needs.

Senior Director, Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your experience with us about BOLD. We are glad you found our leaders very helpful. We are also glad that you gained some good experience and found the opportunity to try new things helpful in growing your career.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome work life balance with good technical opportunities

Mar 5, 2019 - Technical Lead in Greater Noida
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is an awesome company to work for in multiple parameters. you can take work/life, seniors or co-workers, everything is really worth it. we never work late in evenings as the sprints are well planned and company/seniors care for there employees/team. All the managers are technical, so they actually understands the problem statement well. When we talk about technology, Bold is using all the latest ones and always ready to adopt new technologies. we are using data science, azure microservices, SSO, Service oriented architecture, react, node, and many more tracking SEO tools. company is good in terms of hikes and semi quarterly hikes brings the company above it's competitors. Developers, Architect, Designers or Testers - everyone is very cooperative and helps each other as their strength. You can definitely, join the organization.

Cons

Early office timing as I am not a morning person

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

One of a Kind!

Oct 28, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great workplace, great people, great product and the most powerful mission - adding value to individuals by transforming their work lives. Using initiative and being BOLD is rewarded, and it's exciting working in an agile environment where ideas are welcomed and focus shifted based on current status. BOLD takes care of its team, smart and fun-loving people who work hard and reap the rewards. Great vibe and corporate culture - I turned down another opportunity waiting on the job offer from BOLD! Best decision ever!!

Cons

Huge growth is supported by strategy = meetings, lots of meetings. Open floor plan presents challenges when making confidential business calls - both internal and external.

1 person found this review helpful

ExCom Member

Great to hear from you and so happy you have joined the BOLD family! Ugh, meetings - yes, we need to get better and are seeing continuous improvements here in efficiencies. 2016 was a huge growth year and as everyone is settling in, things are beginning to hum along. Thank you again for the feedback and recognition of our very special Company.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

One of the best places I've worked...

Oct 27, 2016 -  in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

After a stint at a job that was misery-making, coming to BOLD has been such a breath of fresh air. The pace of the work is brisk but my supervisors and coworkers are very available to answer questions and explain the different products and services. I feel supported and able to do my best work, despite the volume. The office manager keeps the office running smoothly, and there are lots of amenities – from snacks to little giveaways – that make the atmosphere feel light and fun. I enjoy the camaraderie that comes from sharing catered meals with my coworkers and appreciate the flexibility the company offers its employees. The thing that I think BOLD does really well is hiring. 'Office culture' is a big buzz phrase in recruiting these days and BOLD excels at choosing the right people. Everyone I have encountered over the last couple of months has been kind, funny and competent. People genuinely like one another here, which makes coming to work much less painful.

Cons

The volume of work at BOLD is high. This is not the place to work if you are a slacker. My only real complaint is that there aren't very many quiet places to work in the office since it is an open format workspace.

ExCom Member

Your feedback is truly appreciated. I am sorry you had to have a miserable experience before joining BOLD. We are lucky to have you! Our focus has been on building an amazing culture as we grow - and it shows. Hiring great people is key! We know that work volume is high and there are many initiatives to help balance the workload. We want the work to be challenging for everyone - but not so much so that you don't have fun! We'll make sure our Office Manager (aka #therealboss) gets your wonderful compliment.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company With AMAZING Benefits

Nov 29, 2021 - Executive Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

They actually care about the staff. They hear you when you voice a concern and do everything they can to improve your work experience. Good work life balance. Work remote. AMAZING Benefits. Very kind people. Challenging work with growth opportunities.

Cons

I haven't found any yet. I'm a new hire, and honestly I haven't found anything I don't like about BOLD. Just wish I had found it earlier!

1 person found this review helpful

Senior Director, Human Resources

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you taking the time to do so! We are glad you are having a great experience at BOLD. We do care about our employees because they are the ones that make it happen every day and they are critical to our success.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good experience but could be better

Nov 1, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not to sound sycophantic, but there are some truly amazing people here. People you will want to be friends with outside of work, people you will care about. Location is great for commuters, heart of the city right next to a Bart/Muni stop. I enjoy the catered meals, drinks, cold brew, and snacks we have on site; I'm rarely hungry.

Cons

Like every company there are pros and cons. I can't say that any of the following are explicitly unique to Bold, but they exist and are in plain sight. Personal Growth & Development - Compared to other companies in the area, Bold invests very little in developing its staff, particularly younger ones. Managers tend to focus solely on achieving KPIs, not developing employees to be more skilled. Limited training budget, but those who have used it have gotten positive experiences from it. Upward growth is defined by 'career ladders' which are largely a list of job descriptions, which shouldn't be confused for a way to grow and develop. Salary and career growth are the two biggest reasons people leave. Line of sight - The KPI culture is ingrained at the expense of establishing clear lines of sight where employees know what they do matter. Measuring against a goal is fine, but not all goals line up so that someone can easily say 'what I do directly impacts the company, and here's how...' Communication silos - Every quarter a hot topic of conversation is how we can get better at communicating, but progress is minimal. Big teams struggle to clearly and regularly communicate with other teams. Little teams within a big team struggle to communicate with each other. The go-to response is to add more meetings or add more people to existing meetings, but these haven't made much progress. It's a cliche, but your success at Bold depends on your relationships with people.

4 people found this review helpful