Cover image for BOLD

BOLD

Engaged Employer

BOLD

Add a Review

BOLD Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Dec 2, 2021

Found 93 of over 342 reviews

3.9
BOLD Co-CEOs Doug Jackson and Jamie Freundlich
Doug Jackson and Jamie Freundlich

What people are saying about BOLD

Join the conversation on

Single & Ready to Mingle

6d

a

Senior Associate

Been dating an accountant and I wish he liked to have more S E X cuz I need it like once or twice a day. Im lucky if I get it twice spending Friday-Sunday at his house. The struggle. Oh was that bold? Woops.

7 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Great Company With AMAZING Benefits

Nov 29, 2021 - Executive Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

They actually care about the staff. They hear you when you voice a concern and do everything they can to improve your work experience. Good work life balance. Work remote. AMAZING Benefits. Very kind people. Challenging work with growth opportunities.

Cons

I haven't found any yet. I'm a new hire, and honestly I haven't found anything I don't like about BOLD. Just wish I had found it earlier!

1 person found this review helpful

Senior Director, Human Resources

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you taking the time to do so! We are glad you are having a great experience at BOLD. We do care about our employees because they are the ones that make it happen every day and they are critical to our success.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A lot of room for improvement

Aug 27, 2021 - Senior User Experience Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Warning: All the good reviews you see are because HR encourages new employees to submit a Glassdoor review in their first 90 days, before the cracks show below the surface. If you want a more realistic view of BOLD, I recommend your sort "Lowest Rated" - Pretty good work/life balance if you don't have to work with remote teams - A lot of smart and kind people - Company is profitable (but for how long?)

Cons

- CEOs are completely out of touch. - The business model is basically a dark pattern. Not ethical. Tricks customers into buying a subscription that has little value and hopes the customer doesn't notice they are being charged. - No structured career path. Difficult to get promotions. Employees end of feeling stuck and frustrated. - Lack of vision

8 people found this review helpful

Senior Director, Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to write us. We appreciate what you have to say regarding your experience and we will share this with our team. We want to leverage what we do well like, hiring great people, and cultivating an environment where people can do great things. So thanks for your time with us and for the feedback.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Work Life balance

Dec 2, 2021 - User Experience Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance Co-workers are all friendly

Cons

Career growth does not has transparency

Senior Director, Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you like your coworkers. We have gotten feedback about career growth and have just completed and we will be rolling out career ladders and what it takes to get to the next level at BOLD. This came from feedback like yours and we have worked to improve that considerably and make it fully transparent for employees.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee

Unethical business model

Jun 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

What many of the reviewers have said is true: Bold does employ very nice people, offers generous salary and bonuses, and provides a great work/life balance.

Cons

Bold's business model relies on its users not checking their credit card bill for the monthly subscription fee. These users typically are unemployed people who work in lower-paying professions and can scarcely afford it. The way these users are converted to subscribers is sort of a bait-and-switch that should be illegal but isn't. This is what pays for the salary, bonuses, and work/life balance.

14 people found this review helpful

Senior Director, Human Resources

Thanks for sharing your feedback as we do share it with our leaders. Our subscription model is similar to a lot of subscription services and we are always looking at opportunities to provide enhanced services and customer experiences. We appreciate your comments and look at other ways to continue to show value to our customers and review a lot of different approaches.

5. 2.0

Scammy org

Sep 10, 2021 - Product Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work / life balance Good peers

Cons

Sketchy finance practices Not transparent communication with CEOs Revenue is only priority Dishonest leadership communication

8 people found this review helpful

Senior Director, Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. We appreciate it and it helps us leverage the things we do well (like hiring great people) and working on things we can do better.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Nice Company

Apr 29, 2021 - Systems Analyst in Guaynabo, PR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance. Virtual events happens during covid.

Cons

Less growth on data analysis side.

Senior Director, Human Resources

Thanks for sharing your experience and taking the time to give us feedback. We are glad you are having a good experience and will share your feedback with our leadership team.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Overall a great company that offers an opportunity to learn and great work-life balance.

Jan 12, 2021 - Systems Analyst in Guaynabo, PR
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Truly treats employees like family - Opportunity to learn - Great work-life balance - Helpful individuals

Cons

- Can't think of many as of now, could potentially have to move to PR and is sometimes slow paced, compensation is low compared to mainland US

Senior Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your feedback is important in helping BOLD continue to leverage strengths and work on areas that may need more focus. We are very happy that you are enjoying your experience with BOLD.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to learn and grow!

Dec 18, 2020 - Analytics
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Talented colleagues - Great culture; it's very easy to bond with colleagues and communicate across different parts of the company - Lots of growth opportunities - Great work/life balance

Cons

Meetings with Indian office means working late sometimes

Senior Talent Acquisition Leader

Many thanks for submitting your review. I agree: BOLD is a great place to learn and grow!

9. 5.0

Great Company

Sep 15, 2020 - Resume Services Manager in San Juan, PR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture. Great people to work with. Great benefits. Great team collaboration. Work-life balance is amazing and the offices are fun! Impactful product! - WE TRANSFORM WORK LIVES

Cons

I have not had any bad experiences.

10. 5.0

Collaborative and Supportive Environment with Awesome Perks

Nov 2, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoy working in our collaborative and supportive environment. Discussions are fruitful and actionable. It's great to work at a place where you genuinely like the people you work with so much so that we hang out with each other outside of work. This illustrates that our culture truly fosters relationships. We have excellent perks - competitive compensation, fully paid medical insurance for employees and families, retirement benefits, fully stocked kitchen and bar, catered meals throughout the week, fun team-building activities where majority of our team participates in, and most of all - UNLIMITED PTO! This company not only values relationships, it also values and encourages work-life balance. What else can you ask for?! Management also tries their best to be transparent with quarterly Co-CEO meetings and departmental meetings. It's always great to see our progress. Our company always tries to go above and beyond our expectations as far as benefits, perks, and activities. I love working here and always refer my friends to apply.

Cons

We're a growing company so there's still room for improvement as far as processes and streamlining. But we all manage to work together through tight deadlines and maintain a positive and supportive environment. There's always someone who lends their hand to help you out.

1 person found this review helpful

ExCom Member

We will always aspire to improve process and streamline things - or try to keep things simple so we can all focus on the work. Thank you for acknowledging the progress and sharing some great ideas on how to improve interactions at all levels.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 93 Reviews